Jack Monroe #373 Well this is awkward, David

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually know someone who last year had a heart attack caused by stress. Not old and fit. It took MONTHS to sort out. Appointments and medications etc. after it happened they were on mostly rest and had to be supervised constantly. The medication made them very tired for a long time and they couldnā€™t work, before they were eventually weaned off it. They were allowed to do small supervised walks to start with and getting fitness back has taken time because of the amount of rest involved.
Jack had 3 and was off running. What a load of tit.
Yup. My dad just had his second heart attack and he's not even allowed to drive for 6 weeks. Jack Monroe, as ever, is lying.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 83
Yup. My dad just had his second heart attack and he's not even allowed to drive for 6 weeks. Jack Monroe, as ever, is lying.
Yeah, my sister has had a TIA brought on by chemo and she's had to give up driving and running (she was previously a amateur distance runner).

• Heart
Reactions: 52
This has moved too quick for me šŸ˜­ so sorry if itā€™s already been said but MSG doesnā€™t look like Coke, itā€™s like little sugar granules as opposed to a powder.

She reminds me of trying to hide my smoking from my dad when I was a teenager by coming home and bursting out with elaborate stories that would explain why I might smell like cigarettes or weed šŸ˜‚
ā€œSo and soā€™s dad gave us a lift and his mate was there and he was smoking - GROSS BY THE WAY - and he choked and accidentally coughed smoke all over me it was so funnyā€ or something similar šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
Reactions: 86
Serious question: Is there anything she doesnā€™t lie about? Itā€™s absolutely pathological.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
I've been pretty clear about my feelings about Content because I don't believe for one second that Jack is capable of taking good care of her. However, when I saw the video of Content and SB in the park I hoped that Jack would be able to make a go of it. Even though her harness wasn't on properly (ffs) and she needed a good brush (ffs #2), Content and SB seemed to be having a good time.

If Content is now somewhere else I sincerely hope that she is with people who can look after her properly, preferably with SB and his Dad, because the puppy has already bonded emotionally and she needs some sort of stability.

That's probably too much to hope for though.
A puppy Laurieā€™s age is mentally, emotionally and physically exhausting.

When we got Tunnel dog and she got to that age, suddenly everything became a huge deal. Things got destroyed, every walk was traumatic for all three of us, she hated being left alone and it seemed all the good work we had done in the first few weeks was undone.

Tears were shed, regrets whispered and we shouted at each other about why we had made this massive change (Tunnel cat never did any of this šŸ˜‚). Tunnel dog is small, she doesnā€™t cost as much to feed as Laurie and isnā€™t big to control.

Those months (until she was one) were long. But we persevered. It was so hard at times. Now we have an amazing dog that we love so much (I am not ashamed to admit this-she is).

My suspicion is that as soon as Laurie began showing the first signs of those ā€œdifficult behavioursā€ she went. Jack cannot stick at anything that is hard. I just hope she is somewhere where she is loved and cared for unconditionally no matter what she destroys or how much she cries ā¤.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
well! i picked the wrong day to go back to work after 2 weeks off didn't i?

I'm gonna have to watch this shitshow aren't i? it looks fucken epic

• Haha
Reactions: 61
I actually know someone who last year had a heart attack caused by stress. Not old and fit. It took MONTHS to sort out. Appointments and medications etc. after it happened they were on mostly rest and had to be supervised constantly. The medication made them very tired for a long time and they couldnā€™t work, before they were eventually weaned off it. They were allowed to do small supervised walks to start with and getting fitness back has taken time because of the amount of rest involved.
Jack had 3 and was off running. What a load of tit.
She was clearly bullshitting in her reply to TD. I think if anything irked me it was the ā€˜woe is me and my woeful situationā€™ and then dismissing every FM attempt to suggest solutions with ā€˜No I canā€™t do thatā€™ with a gentle nod towards her Paypal.

• Angry
Reactions: 48
Sheā€™s talking about gastric distress in pets? Sheā€™s saying to downgrade food to the cheaper brand, 9/10 unless theyā€™ve got dietary concerns theyā€™ll be okay.

ā€œskanky Tesco mankā€ she earlier referred to how much it stinks

Someone asking about considering looking at rural poverty, no dahling not a ducking chance!
We have a cat with IBD. The only food she can tolerate is 90p a sachet and she needs 3 sachets a day. It's not the case that you can sub in cheaper food as cheaper food often has mixed protein sources and cats with gastric/digestive issues often can't tolerate that. For our girl it has to be single source protein: no gluten, no grains, no additives, no sugar and that doesn't come cheaply unfortunately. Gourmet certainly isn't a single source protein, I know that for a fact. I know this as I have spent hours researching the best possible food for her (they suggest rabbit, venison, duck any meats that the cat hasn't had before but none of those are available in single protein.) Just in case anyone here has similar issues, the Smilla and Integra brands are cheaper but our cat doesn't like them.
#actually autistic. #this is my aneurysm

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I cannot keep up with developments!!!!!!
Iā€™ve given up. 4 days away and Iā€™m hopelessly lost. Thank you frauen for the recaps and most liked posts. Itā€™s given me a slight understanding of whatā€™s been going on. I think I need a lie down.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
She said her bones were turning to dust from work, or something.

What on earth is she doing when not on camera? Downā€™t pit?
So disrespectful, I am on a train coming back from work and I canā€™t laugh and look unhinged in public
Well on the other hand, it seems to be working for other people soā€¦šŸ¤­

edited because of grammaršŸ„€

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I would love to see a virtue-signalling fight between Jack and Jeff. It would be so passive aggressive as they tried to top each other with ther political poetry nonsense.

(Still in awe that Jeff is from London but has never encountered rodents until he went up North. Nah mate, you're having a bubble.)
A giraffe, surely

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Thank you to the Fraus who managed to sit through her talk and for the screen shots!

A friend of mine had a heart attack at the weekend (he is currently recovering and should be ok šŸ¤žšŸ¼) Iā€™ll let him know he best start marathon training right away. LJC even if the doctors did say it was ok to start running soon after 3(!!) heart attacks wouldnā€™t you justā€¦ not? Just in case?!

Also šŸ˜®šŸ˜® at TD having Jackā€™s number for years!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 73
I'm 25 pages behind, but the epipen shite she spouted is my aneurysm.
A loved one has a severe food allergy. When they saw the immunology consultant they were shown how to use the pens. I was then called into the room, and I was shown how to use the pens. We were told how serious this is.
They were given a dummy pen to take home so all the family could practice with it. The pens are to be used in the top of the thigh, direct through clothing if the area is covered. Not into ' a fatty bit'.
At every appointment, the medics check which pens my loved one has ( they had different ones in 2020 due to issues getting those prescribed), and go through the procedure again. Its not a bleeping joke, and she's a bleeping danger.

• Heart
Reactions: 85
I'm 25 pages behind, but the epipen shite she spouted is my aneurysm.
A loved one has a severe food allergy. When they saw the immunology consultant they were shown how to use the pens. I was then called into the room, and I was shown how to use the pens. We were told how serious this is.
They were given a dummy pen to take home so all the family could practice with it. The pens are to be used in the top of the thigh, direct through clothing if the area is covered. Not into ' a fatty bit'.
At every appointment, the medics check which pens my loved one has ( they had different ones in 2020 due to issues getting those prescribed), and go through the procedure again. Its not a bleeping joke, and she's a bleeping danger.
Yep, am a school leader (šŸ”») have had annual epi-pen training for decades. You have to mentally 'divide' the thigh then use the right part, its the most basic bit of the training.

She's SUCH a bleeping liar, it grieves me.

Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.