Jack Monroe #37 Don't f*** with cats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My thread prediction is that Jack will push all of her sideboards together, slap all the leftover mayo on top to make a giant slip 'n' slide. She'll come sliding into cam view on an Insta Live in her pants and bra, declare her undying love for Allegra and ask her to collab

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
I did once (in a very crowded train, no chance of moving) ask (firmly) a man to stop singing along to his music. I had reached breaking point 🙄.
He did an eye roll at another man sitting at the table, second man didn’t respond to him. Singing man stopped.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Sorry haven't got time to read everything but what's happened to her instagram?? I think she may have blocked me..........

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Ahh, nice catch up before bed. I’ll try and keep the Brad kissing gif, that dear heart @Flumps posted, in mind as I drift into a peaceful sleep. Unfortunately, due to the last thread, I’ll most likely be having nightmares about being at a team building meeting, and watching letdown larder on a loop as part of a ‘training exercise’ 😱

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
My thread prediction is that Jack will push all of her sideboards together, slap all the leftover mayo on top to make a giant slip 'n' slide. She'll come sliding into cam view on an Insta Live in her pants and bra, declare her undying love for Allegra and ask her to collab

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Or she could slide down a chute into a vat of vegan (ish) mayo. With a ready made plate of salmon (ish) pasta waiting at the bottom.

I’d pay to watch that.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Oh yeah, she's blocked me. Though I can still see her old account where she also had a kitten from 2012. Isn't that when she only had £10 a week to live off of? She had two cats back then by the looks of it.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Sorry haven't got time to read everything but what's happened to her instagram?? I think she may have blocked me..........
She's been blocking anyone who likes a comment she perceives as negative. Another Tattler said they liked a comment which said "Poor cat" and she blocked them.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Omfg I've just seen the selfie I missed by skipping 15 pages of the last thread. Cripes.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
My highlight is the sheer amount of money I’ve saved by logging on here of an evening instead of internet shopping (as well as learning about Schitt’s Creek, but I’ve finished that now 💔). You’ve seriously saved me £100’s this past month! Might treat myself to a Cotswold dresser...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Oh yeah, she's blocked me. Though I can still see her old account where she also had a kitten from 2012. Isn't that when she only had £10 a week to live off of? She had two cats back then by the looks of it.
Poor Harriet and Milliband.

She was threatened with homelessness and she had to rehome them :(

• Sad
Reactions: 9
This is my cat ☺ 10 years old, soppy and loves a belly rub. I can't reveal her name, as I renamed her when I adopted her (she was called puss puss 🙄) and she has a distinctive 3 part name. I'm careful not to post her full title in case anyone here knows me 😂
Screenshot_20200702-001318.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Shameless adding a hashtag for the poor little kitty, as a way to drive more traffic or increase engagement on her insta page 😡
F9485E5B-8CD8-4A2B-A900-2D4DEABF1C71.jpeg

One of her followers offering help with the vets bill as they must feeling uncomfortable that there’s no mention of a vet appointment, just lots of cutesy photos, creating lots of insta and Twitter interaction 😡
244DF10F-BF40-4E17-92AB-D88CB0F35992.jpeg

Edited to add this, just in case Jack wants to feel aggrieved I’ve misconstrued her intention via the hashtag
6CA7AF33-2747-4EB7-BDE4-3E8886769310.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Lots of gentle hugs for you @Cat_scratches. When you feel able you may want to contact the charity Tommy's for extra support and counselling. My heart goes out to you and your family x

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm currently on Grunka but just wanted to add to list of duck ups on page 47 of the last thread.

Screenshot_2020-07-02_002239_1_1.jpg

Screenshot_2020-07-02_002252_1_1.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
I'm a bit behind the times - struggling a little to keep up with the threads.

I watched the last Hellman's live and I just couldn't believe what I was seeing.

The first 5 mins was Jack being unorganised and slagging off the show. If you want people to watch, don't tell them what they are watching is tit! Also, why isn't she instagramming pictures of what she's cooked for the series? Then you'd get the decent, up-close higher-res look at the end -product. I took a peek at the mayo cake episode and you couldn't really see what the cake was like at all.

I understand that presenting and being in charge of the tech and being live is a super challenge. Either Jack needs to realise that camera work isn't her thing, or she needs to really get good at it before she accepts these gigs. Her chopping tomatoes was terrifying - I thought she was going to chop a finger she was so nervous.

Watched the Daily Kitchen link shared in the last post and it's the same - going on and on about how nervous she is and how she isn't enjoying it. That sauce looked awful - she's right. I don't think I would want to look back after having it! I also don't believe it'd thicken in the oven, it'd surely just mix in with everything else.

What went on with her recent break-up? Which thread do I find that on?

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.