Jack Monroe #369 Lie-de-Lie!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jeez.

Yep, Captain Squig here thinks that FOUR DAYS after tweeting her One Pan idea that THAT MAN was able to write, create, film and promote the SAME IDEA as Jack. Really makes you think.
I love the idea that they think that THAT MAN successful in his own right would be arsed about her cooking enough to copy it. I mean he can cook and his food doesn't look like jizz or vom. So theres that for starters.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I’m afraid I won’t be watch-a-longing THAT MAN tonight much as I would like as I’ll be hopefully watching the kickyball if our fans don’t bugger the whole game up again. I’m sure Jack is on tenterhooks also.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
As a Hastings resident ( come at me Jack 🔺) I can confirm that it does indeed have a large community of DFL’s (Down From London) OFB’s (Over From Brighton) and my favourite acronym ‘FILTH’s - (Failed in London, Trying Hastings). It does have many art galleries and a creative community, but also terrible poverty rates and long standing issues with drugs. One thing locals and the DFL crew will be able to agree on is that none of us need this grifting shite-weasel turning up, besmirching the good name of Catherine Cookson with her tales of woe and bollock-sausages!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Here are Jack's tweets the day DKL finished 😬 Annoyingly I couldn't find the one thanking Mrs Matt.
Sadly it wasn't the start of a new adventure for 'this naughty little duo' 🥺

(Thankyou @Silver Linings x)

View attachment 1519122

And is that shade from TV's Mr Affable?

View attachment 1519104
Oh god her tweets were so much more embarrassing than I remember! "I hope this is the start of a new adventure for this naughty little duo" 😬 She gets ahead of herself in ALL relationships doesn't she? I'm out for dinner and want to slide under the table with second hand shame, awkward AF! 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I will continue to follow tattle rules/guidelines. I have attempted in the past . I will not respond online to comments. Re our dear heart.
Off to the front to buy an ice cream . Argh
Enjoy the Ice Cream. I can't find that tweet. I'm guessing they were shown the Jeremy Kyle bit and deleted the tweet in panic. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

Reactions: 11
That makes me a bit sad for her.

DKL (regardless of how she secured the deal) could've been a real opportunity for her to gain traction in the foodie world. But she messed it up big time by not preparing or taking it at all seriously.

Actually, I don't feel sad for her, she brought it on herself.
I think her fate was sealed with the bullying afterwards.
She patrolled twitter for any tweet remotely related to DKL. Some didn't even tag her and just said innocuous things. She went crazy at them. Really nasty cruel stuff. Then sent the FMs in to attack. There are people on here who only joined tattle because they got death threats and doxxed by her precious minions. She also tagged Matt, BBC and Cactus in them, thinking she'd get a pat on the head for 'protecting' the show.
It was so unprofessional and incredibly stupid. No wonder they've wiped her from history.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
Been thinking a lot about who donates & why since that post by someone saying that they bunged her 200 quid, and the valid points raised by Molly & other twitter posters about the nature of online donations for 'activism'. I went back to her patreon to check what she has actually written.

"By supporting my Patreon you're giving me space to create the work that really drives me - the free recipes on my website and allllll the admin work that that entails, the charity work I do for free for dozens of food organisations and NGOs tackling poverty, the school talks, the good stuff that makes a difference but doesn't pay the bills. It's not a donation service, there's a reward at every tier, so it's more like a subscription for some goodies as well as exclusive behind the scenes content, musings, sneak peeks at upcoming bits and pieces, and more"

Fair enough, I can see why people would get behind that. However when there is zero evidence that she does anything at all resembling the bit in bold, only paid media / festival etc appearances & no rewards being sent why would that not tip off donors (because it is donating to an individuals lifestyle not supporting a tangible creative endeavour) why why why would you not think, I might be better bunging this money to the local food bank. ???? ffs
Even the bit in bold, if she is doing talks in schools, which clearly she isn’t, what the duck is she saying that is helping anyone or anything? I’ve spent my entire adult life working in education 🔺and I can’t think of a single time either a staff member or a student would have found anything she speaks about either useful, inspirational or interesting.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
But she messed it up big time by not preparing or taking it at all seriously.
This is super interesting. I haven’t watched them and don’t know if I can bring myself to, but I always just assumed that she tried her absolute best, and prepared, but was just terrible and not cut out for TV. Is the consensus that she just swanned in, thinking she was the talent and didn’t need to try particularly hard? (Thereby misunderstanding what a true skilled profession TV presenting is, of course.)

Reactions: 34
This is super interesting. I haven’t watched them and don’t know if I can bring myself to, but I always just assumed that she tried her absolute best, and prepared, but was just terrible and not cut out for TV. Is the consensus that she just swanned in, thinking she was the talent and didn’t need to try particularly hard? (Thereby misunderstanding what a true skilled profession TV presenting is, of course.)
I think that’s part of it, but also her absolute of lack of knowledge about and passion for food, and lack of cooking/creative ability was blatantly apparent. And that she’s awkward, uncomfortable, inept, defensive and SO INCREDIBLY RUDE.

Reactions: 49
I think her fate was sealed with the bullying afterwards.
She patrolled twitter for any tweet remotely related to DKL. Some didn't even tag her and just said innocuous things. She went crazy at them. Really nasty cruel stuff. Then sent the FMs in to attack. There are people on here who only joined tattle because they got death threats and doxxed by her precious minions. She also tagged Matt, BBC and Cactus in them, thinking she'd get a pat on the head for 'protecting' the show.
It was so unprofessional and incredibly stupid. No wonder they've wiped her from history.
How does any adult think that is an appropriate way to behave? Absolutely jaw dropping.

Reactions: 47
Doubtless in Jack's head she was an entertaining smol chaos scamp. She seems to think IShe is naturally good at lots of things, songing, drawing, writing, cooking...

In reality she may have been ok if she'd bothered preparing and taken advice. But she didn't down I she wasn't.

Reactions: 34
I love that after she realised there would be no laughing up of lungs to own the trolls she tried to put about a sad little rumour that she had a reputation as difficult because she’s just So Not Neurotypical and TV Folk Can Be So Cruel, but now we know c/o the Reddit thread that, in fact, she has a reputation as difficult because she demanded a £1k haircut to grate corned beef.

Really makes you think.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
I nominate Matt for a retrospective BAFTA…. Just for pulling her through 1 episode, they could get Jamie Oliver to present it…. Small explosion in Southend. Managed to watch 20 mins of episode 2, OMG he’s having to pull every word out of her mouth, the ‘ We can’t just make a bowl of porridge what else can we do with oats?’. Nope, cannot stand it, didn’t people suffer enough during lockdown? It’s even worse that the other remote presenter is bright, bubbly, smiley and you can see her… I bet the producers could crack nuts between their bum cheeks watching that misery unfold.

Many thanks for the info re links.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
I have to say I am very much enjoying all the new fraus experiencing the full body cringe of DKL for the first time. This thread is always the most fun when Jack shuts the duck up for a bit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 93
The problem is that she is just a really bad presenter. I know she came out with some guff about not wanting to change to be like the others, but the issue is that people like their telly to be good, watchable telly. Not stilted fannying about.

what I did notice on the Mel Donte one posted last night, is that she preps the totally wrong stuff. Rather than spending time on making sure she had a clean Roasting tin and decent instructions, she clearly spent loads of time decanting vinegar, oil, milk, gin, diesel and grated tree bark into cute little bottles. I suspect she thinks it looks ‘cheffy’.

She really needs to look after the basics. In so many ways.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Then not forgetting the period of time Jack followed Matt around the internet reminding him of their crrraazzzyyy japes and bantz.
It really is most baffling he has never worked with her again 🤔

View attachment 1519138
Oh my, loving that Matt’s post is liked by Shivi Ramoutar ❤ who’s going from strength to strength with TV slots these days, even regularly on This Morning, whilst Jack’s TV cookery career stalled and faded away ! Shivi is everything Jack fails to be on TV, Shivi’s funny, engaging, great chemistry with her fellow presenters, is well prepared, can joke and ab-lib off script, doesn't look like she’s been pulled through a hedge backwards and most importantly doesn’t cook slop and has extremely clean hands. I love Shivi’s recipes. No wonder Jack is being side-lined, she makes cookery TV presenting look so awkward. Reckon Shivi might be in the chef‘s WhatsApp group these days, oh Jack TV just wasn’t for you 🤦🏽‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.