Jack Monroe #369 Lie-de-Lie!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title courtesy of @Griftymcgriftface - your prize is a chapeau of your choosing from a small independent hat shop in Southend.

Molly finally dropped her full blog post on Medium.

The wiki is the pink button up top, please use the words "thread title" when nominating one.

Mod edit: Thread title has been changed to @BlendedSlop ‘s. This is the most liked one that refers directly to Jack. It is not wise to directly link Tattle to outside accounts. We are aware there are conflicting opinions, some in favour, and some more sitting on the fence. As has been pointed out before, despite those in favour, Tattle is still separate.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 100
Awfully Molly's piece is currently the top result when you search Jack Monroe on Twitter.

Chapeau, Molly 🎩

Screenshot 2022-08-21 at 22.02.40.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 119
I guess it’s too late, but I want to put it out there that I’m really really uncomfortable with having a thread title referencing and congratulating Molly. We’re independent of Molly, and it makes us look like we’re deifying her/him/them when in truth we know nothing about them or even their intentions.

I think it’s a mistake, personally.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
Not sure how I feel about the whole thing but I am glad some sqiggs have woken up to Jacks ways.
I imagine Jack will have some response to Molly eventually but if she has any tiny amount of sense left she’d just ignore it rather than bring even more attention to her.

Reactions: 49
I was too slow to post before the thread locked -

Wait, there's cake? Guess I'm becoming a swinger. Unless it's Jack that makes the cakes. I like having teeth and not the shits.
Jack says she bakes cakes for people that have been in or out of her fanny. So er, your call.

Be enough to turn the room monogamous for sure.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
I’d just like to point out and hope someone on Twitter highlights this, that you can claim back through PayPal if you’ve not paid using Friends and Family. This poor soul, I’d definitely be getting my money back into my account pronto.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
Btw, I don’t know anything about this from the article: In June 2020, Jack claimed on twitter that she had been treated ‘horrifically’ by restaurant critic Fay Maschler, due to her ‘background/roots’.
Just had a look at Fay Maschler’s twitter (not a verified account-no blue tick) but from the few RTs I saw, she seems pretty lefty, and not the sort who’d be vile to someone based on background (assuming that actually is her). Did she refute Jack’s claim at the time, does anyone know?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I guess it’s too late, but I want to put it out there that I’m really really uncomfortable with having a thread title referencing and congratulating Molly. We’re independent of Molly, and it makes us look like we’re deifying her/him/them when in truth we know nothing about them or even their intentions.

Yeah I agree. I totally understand why others don’t, and want to show they are behind Molly, I respect that.

But it’s a bit of a Tattle/Twitter crossover and to me that always feels a bit off.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
My recap is very short:

Jack's fucked and she knows it.
Mine isn't much longer. The M bomb dropped, Jack is near silent on Twitter, though lurks from her Pontins lair where she is some sort of insufferable dancing person haunting children's discos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
It was interesting to me (as an American frau) that £200 squig is followed by Barack Obama's account. Then I saw that his account follows 581K people! Anyway, I have a feeling that Jack has been counseled, either by her agent or the attorney she claims to have at her beck and call 🙄, not to address AM's post. She can only hurt herself at this point. But what happens next? Does she dare rattle ever again? Does she make her Patreon transparent? I'm looking forward to finding out.

Reactions: 67

*Whispers* I think it should have been - Jack Monroe: Saint or Scammer. (Lifted straight from the thread but without the acknowledgement of Molly, so to speak. Although I would hope that it's clear from the discussions that Molly is not connected to Tattle. 🤷‍♀️)

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.