Jack Monroe #365 I suggest you delete your Tweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't believe (ok I can believe) she's deleted the letter now that shows she was wrong. But kept up the tweet suggesting someone will pay a huge amount more.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
Everyone’s jumping in with the wrong end of the stick which is infuriating.
😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Has she jumped in with both feet and misunderstood?
I’m not familiar with the particular benefit but my reading is that they are saying the care costs £180 but they are only being charged £24?

if Jack has got it wrong then people shouldn’t be going to her for advice about benefits
Your reading of it is correct!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I know this is nothing to do with Jack, and I'm not a regular poster, but I just wanted to say something to you all.
I'm going through the most horrendous post break up trauma from being with my abusive ex (who is still abusive and manipulative and controlling yardyah) and it's had such a impact on my mentals. I left him last year but I was OK for the first few months until the reality of what I'd experienced and what he did next really hit. It's been bleeping horrendous. I've tried so many things to distract myself from the intrusive thoughts, anxiety and ruminations (all legal and not harmful) - obsessive cleaning, rewatching old programmes, avoiding music and books and films, being the best parent I can, work etc. But little has brought me as much joy (and genuinely made me laugh after months of crying and self doubt/guilt) as reading some of the hilarity from you all - even without reference to JM. I've laughed and smiled for the first time in months and it's helped me realise I am such a long way from being properly healed (I contacted a bunch of therapists for my speed dialo's, maybe not three though) and I'm scared and afraid but among all the tit I turn to you funny Fraus to bring a bit of lightness to my life when everything feels crappy. Thank you 😘

Also OT - does anyone know if you can change your Tattle username btw? Send helpo's
You sound amazing,
This forum has also been a hugely helpful distraction for me too.
well done for getting away and for treating yourself well. It takes a lot to work through trauma.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Of course Jack is right. And of course she can’t post the proof of this because ~identifying~.

Anyway, what’s your favourite sweet?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Thread 23. The monetised video explaining white privilege to the masses. After a lot of very angry black people made their feelings plain, she did eventually promise to donate money to Minnesota (BLM) I think. She promised to be completely transparent. I wonder if she was? Other Fraus will know.
55753877-085C-4348-924F-09168C89CECF.jpeg

I’m having difficulty squaring her sensitivity to BLM with this…

BBB250D0-182F-413E-9E6B-AAB39F05BA58.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
It was @DisgruntledGoat who found the evidence, but it's squigged. Have you got an unsquigged version?!?!

View attachment 1505917
I don’t have it unsquigged but it wasn’t the ~debait~ account, it was the Stranger Things-themed one. That account changed its header picture to my avi and posted about me trying to guess my Twitter (you were wrong btw), which is definitely completely normal behaviour, then changed its @. Bri posted some stuff from them the other day but I was BUSY and too far behind to reply but there are two possible scenarios at play:

either Jack is cycling handles on socks (tragic)
or she has some seriously weird stalker types batting for her (also tragic)

Interesting how the ~debait~ account has the exact same syntax as Jack when asking people to point out the exact sentence in a blog where Jack said something, or deflecting. “Show me where I said that”. Makes u think.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
Screenshot_20220817-134314_Twitter.jpg

I don't know, based on its appearance and the description in the video it doesn't sound entirely dissimilar to her culinary output.

She's just going to pretend the letter thing never happened, isn't she?

• Haha
Reactions: 64
That was the most swiftly resolved BENEFIT CRISIS I've ever seen played out on twitter. Amazing work Jack, thanks for all you do 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 93
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.