Jack Monroe #365 I suggest you delete your Tweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
F23CF2EB-ED52-46C6-A1CD-39D5876D23B7.jpeg

As a working class woman who is entirely invisible and unrepresented in the media, I concur. Perhaps you’d like to hand back the space you have stolen so that a genuinely working class woman can use her voice to speak for us

• Heart
Reactions: 115
That was the most swiftly resolved BENEFIT CRISIS I've ever seen played out on twitter. Amazing work Jack, thanks for all you do 🥰
Didn't Jack say that she gets these queries regularly, sometimes several times a day? For someone with the reading comprehension of a newt she's bleeping dangerous and delusional.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Has she jumped in with both feet and misunderstood?
I’m not familiar with the particular benefit but my reading is that they are saying the care costs £180 but they are only being charged £24?

if Jack has got it wrong then people shouldn’t be going to her for advice about benefits
Your reading of it is correct. Jack's not used to having to read the kinds of letters people who are genuinely hard up receive it seems... how peculiar... 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 58
I was also going to say this. Who describes people getting the wrong end of the stick as "infuriating"? She is an angry, abrasive person
BiB: Jack Monroe, when she gets things wrong.
The council letter really reflects exactly what you get with Jack. Headline grabbing with no attention to detail and instead of a three line, page 27 i got it wrong type apology, she just ignores it.
imagine all the actual urgent stuff that’s in her inbox, ignored, and she chose this one and showed us all how much of a tit she is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
I was also going to say this. Who describes people getting the wrong end of the stick as "infuriating"? She is an angry, abrasive person
Before accusing others of having the wrong end of the stick, it's always a good idea to take a close look at which end you are grasping

• Haha
Reactions: 55
View attachment 1506062

I don't know, based on its appearance and the description in the video it doesn't sound entirely dissimilar to her culinary output.

She's just going to pretend the letter thing never happened, isn't she?
I’m cringing at the back pedalling. Maybe she should get a dynamo-it’ll power her fairy lights and Nokia phone. 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Screenshot_20220817-133800.png

Already posted I know, but can we all appreciate the arrogance of the "which is infuriating" phrase? People aren't "jumping in" they are offering comfort that it's not as bad as it seems, rather than grief-mining and probably absolutely panicking her friend who has gone to her in good faith.

(Given she supposedly gets 100s of these requests, you'd think she could read a letter)

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 74
I think Jack explained this as the shared care was co-parenting. As this was very obviously not the same as help with childcare, Jack had NO HELP with childcare.
I still get annoyed every time I remember Gingerbread defending their decision to work with Jack Monroe on the basis that Jack 'identifies' as a single parent.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Before accusing others of having the wrong end of the stick, it's always a good idea to take a close look at which end you are grasping
As an expert in petty work emails I find it helps to triple check my facts before gently, softly, ramming something back up my annoying colleague's arse.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
I know I shouldn’t be surprised, but Jack hasn’t yet understood that the letter actually states that the person will pay £24, has she?

Reactions: 31
Here you go, bet you anything she’s doing something for AA - Alcohol Awareness Week is in November.
Im going through threads from two years ago where she said she was sober. Her behaviour at the moment is very similar to her behaviour then. If anything it’s worse now.
I’m not at all certain Jack is sober tbh

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.