Jack Monroe #365 I suggest you delete your Tweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's such a hero, posting misinformation on the internet on behalf of an 'extremely vulnerable group'.

Screenshot 2022-08-17 at 13.01.50.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
I currently deal with sociak care stuff i am not a carer but i help someone who struggles with these things. It the lower amount charged per call and the bigger figure is normally by week.

The lady i help gets help currently pays 482 per month for 4 15 min calls per day.

• Wow
Reactions: 31
It is so means tested so if the person is paying that much its because she has the means to do so. I was present when the lady i helped set it up and they went through her finances with a fine tooth comb and came up with that figure. If her savings drops below the threshold the government picks up the difference. Theres really nothing to get.

Reactions: 44
It actually says on that image - you will pay the maximum charge (£24.74) or the actual cost of your care (£180.81), whichever is the lower amount.

So yeah the person will be paying £24.74.

Laser focussed. Forensic.
Paying 13.7% of one's care whilst the council picks up the remaining 86.3% doesn't sound too bad to me. Maybe they're planning on putting it up because it's going to form a massive part of the council's budget (especially with so many elderly in the area), but that's usually taken from the proceeds of selling property.

[taps the title bar of this thread]

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Coming from the last thread with Patreon again, I got it wrong - she will be a Premium account.

You can’t tell me she didn’t go all Billy Big Baws “I’ve got 344% more social media followers than your minimum and TEAM OF EMPLOYEES working at my crappy bungalow/furloughed/not furloughed , give me Premium or DO YOU WANT ME DEAD”

Some Frau smarter than me will be able to figure out the bare minimum she’s actually getting based on this screenshot
E7C4EE21-781C-4FBF-9D8B-ACB8AF297A7F.png

• Wow
Reactions: 11
apologies, i'm very very VERY far behind, but i can't figure out why, if this is such a huge relief/chance to start over etc etc, she didn't just present it this way to begin with? skip the whole "so poor i'm melting soap scraps woe is me" blog post and just say "gonna be downsizing massively for my mental health, feels so good to cut back to the basics"??? because a couple weeks ago it sure didn't sound like she was feeling in a good place about this.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Why is this person going to Jack and not to their MP/counsellor/CAB? And why isn’t she directing them there. She’s completely irresponsible and sets an example that the way to resolving issues with public funding it through shouting about it on social media.
eta: have now read further through the thread and established neither Jack or the person who received the letter read ANYTHING below the numbers themselves.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Why is this person going to Jack and not to their MP/counsellor/CAB? And why isn’t she directing them there. She’s completely irresponsible and sets an example that the way to resolving issues with public funding it through shouting about it on social media.

Maybe it's her Nan? So she's seeing the inheritance disappearing before her eyes, which is why she didn't stop to read it properly?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
A questioning squig replies regarding the letter. Squig you should know by now Jack is a very confused smol pixie always having a chaos, and deletes tweets constantly, get with the programme squig 🤦🏽‍♀️

B75247D7-21AD-4845-B7F8-FF5CFFC413B1.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Currently grunking so not sure if this has been mentioned already...

If she loves all her belongings that much and she's downsizing temporarily to save to buy, why doesn't she put it all into storage?

I realise that it would cost but if she's been forking out/affording 90% of her income on rent all this time, surely she could factor in the cost of a cheap storage unit with the money she'll be saving?

I suppose that wouldn't pull at the heartstrings so much though 🤔

( side note - I always think of Pharell Williams Frontin' when I see grunking and sing I was just grunkin' 🎶 in my mind)
Pharell Williams not my usual type AT ALL but would let him rinse my hoop any day of the week. 10/10.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Womp there it is 🙃

Screenshot_20220817-131900.png

(Although she might be reposting the letter to prove the council are being misleading and it's everyone else who it misunderstanding)

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Has she jumped in with both feet and misunderstood?
I’m not familiar with the particular benefit but my reading is that they are saying the care costs £180 but they are only being charged £24?

if Jack has got it wrong then people shouldn’t be going to her for advice about benefits

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Currently grunking so not sure if this has been mentioned already...

If she loves all her belongings that much and she's downsizing temporarily to save to buy, why doesn't she put it all into storage?

I realise that it would cost but if she's been forking out/affording 90% of her income on rent all this time, surely she could factor in the cost of a cheap storage unit with the money she'll be saving?

I suppose that wouldn't pull at the heartstrings so much though 🤔

( side note - I always think of Pharell Williams Frontin' when I see grunking and sing I was just grunkin' 🎶 in my mind)
I’m not sure if it’s from years of making mix tapes for every life event as a young Fraulein, but increasingly I’m finding myself thinking of songs to add to a playlist that celebrates JMs ‘foibles’. Would musical Frauen wish to help with the list, which I will FORENSICALLY compile (at a vague point in the future).

May I offer for starters the obvious ones:-
Goo Goo Muck- The Cramps
tit Arm Bad Tattoo- Half Man Half Biscuit.
Money For Nothing- Dire Straights
Doctor, Doctor- Thompson Twins
Money- Flying Lizards
Shoplifters of the World Unite- The Smiths
I Touch Myself- The Divinyls (for self love Jack)
Fake- Alexander O Neill

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.