Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
It actually says on that image - you will pay the maximum charge (£24.74) or the actual cost of your care (£180.81), whichever is the lower amount.

So yeah the person will be paying £24.74.

Laser focussed. Forensic.
Paying 13.7% of one's care whilst the council picks up the remaining 86.3% doesn't sound too bad to me. Maybe they're planning on putting it up because it's going to form a massive part of the council's budget (especially with so many elderly in the area), but that's usually taken from the proceeds of selling property.

[taps the title bar of this thread]

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59

ForgettyBetty

VIP Member
Had to get that off my chest! And back to : Hello, I've been lurking for a few days (as my laundry pile will testify) and had to register mainly to thank you all for the numerous cackles, snorts and temporary immobilisations I have enjoyed this week :)

• Heart
  • Haha

Onestorytoomany

VIP Member
My aboslute dream would be to hire a skip and bin most of this house. As i have gotten older and lost family member i have come to realize that most of the stuff we keep is pointless. Ky dream woulf literally be pretty much an empty house.

• Heart

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
I can’t keep up! But did anyone mention the funny insta reel Gordon Ramsey did about not copying other chef’s recipes, then dancing around to reveal a THAT MAN book shoved down the back of his jeans?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
The BBQ was probably filthy too. I have no evidence for this, but she seems the type. She's passed off junk without getting done for fly tipping.
There was a photo showing the BBQ in her garden. It looked rusty and half buried in the grass. I'm sure her 'friend' was 'thrilled'.

• Haha

GrannyOgg

VIP Member
Thread 23. The monetised video explaining white privilege to the masses. After a lot of very angry black people made their feelings plain, she did eventually promise to donate money to Minnesota (BLM) I think. She promised to be completely transparent. I wonder if she was? Other Fraus will know.
55753877-085C-4348-924F-09168C89CECF.jpeg

I’m having difficulty squaring her sensitivity to BLM with this…

BBB250D0-182F-413E-9E6B-AAB39F05BA58.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
Don’t iPhones lock themselves?

I know you can turn it off, but why would you when it’s in your bag?! She talks total shite.

Dogrose

I'm sure Jack is aware and doesn't give a shiny shit, squig.

View attachment 1506156
I did send a thankyou check your emails I’ll resend it did you ask for a thankyou from [email protected] because I don’t have access to any of the others now because my assistant’s hands fell off and I have a hurty brain also I don’t read emails because they give me the fear. Are you sure you haven’t had a thankyou because I did send it.

• Haha
Molly's post is excellent. Hope it gets some traction.
I joined tattle mainly because I'm a gossip but also because I knew something was not right with Jack. I gave her benefit of doubt because of history and with her mental health etc but I'm so glad I stayed, what a wild ride. Ive lost any good will for her.

• Heart

MancBee

VIP Member
Could we expand the range?
A toaster with ‘Not a toaster’ on it.
A fridge freezer with “my other fridge freezers are Smegs”
A coffee mug with “I don’t drink coffee” on.
A T-shirt with “Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got
I'm still, I'm still Jack from near three council estates.”
A bread knife with ‘for meat’ written on it
A jewellery box with " Diamond Geezer" on it and a picture of Jack's hand with the three rings.

• Haha

StatusWoe

VIP Member
She’s going to wang on about pawning the iPhones and going back to her Nokia to play snake.
You know Jack too well! 🤣

So if Jack didn't send those messages accidentally (I find it hard to believe it wasn't deliberate), then that raises the question...wtf was the point of them?

Anyone else here think she’s on some sort of amphetamine or maybe in a manic phase? What with the sudden house/life clearance, yapping about going on social visits with her freezer, and Audrey Hepburn‘s beaver (or whatever it was), are we witnessing some kind of epic meltdown? Or…is it all purely performative?
Sometimes I think it's a bid for attention. Other times I wonder if she's manic or doing drugs. It wouldn't surprise me if she was trying to alarm people so they'll ask 'are you okay?' and she'll get all of that Twitter concern. Even if it's all performative, I'd argue that in itself is a sign something's wrong.

She's been acting like this for ages now, though. The erratic behaviour isn't new. I can't wrap my head around her social media presence tbh. She does such self-sabotaging things, has no filter, and lies about absolutely trivial stuff that no normal person would risk lying about. I cringe at the way she overshares the tiniest details of her life. The sexy provocative posts are sooo inappropriate for a work account (thirst Jack, worst Jack!). That's before we even get to the level of aggression she displays towards other people. She makes impulsive, ill-considered decisions, e.g. the dog, the short-lived Tinder profile, whatever else she's been doing lately. To use one example, the posts complaining about her landlady and the removal of the Eucalyptus tree. No matter Jack's personal feelings about it, she should have more sense than to post these criticisms all over her social media. It's like she's never heard the word consequences.

Pumbles, wangs and now beavers! Jack Monroe - the grift that keeps on grifting.
Pumblewang Beavergrift is going to be my stage name. 😝

My mum sent me a message the other day about Jane McDonald being in a cave on a tv show.
reader, I wish it was a mistake but sadly she meant to send it.
Haha. My mum was telling me about St Pancreas station the other day. St Pancreas was not a typo.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Lazarus

VIP Member
Why is this person going to Jack and not to their MP/counsellor/CAB? And why isn’t she directing them there. She’s completely irresponsible and sets an example that the way to resolving issues with public funding it through shouting about it on social media.
eta: have now read further through the thread and established neither Jack or the person who received the letter read ANYTHING below the numbers themselves.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Has she jumped in with both feet and misunderstood?
I’m not familiar with the particular benefit but my reading is that they are saying the care costs £180 but they are only being charged £24?

if Jack has got it wrong then people shouldn’t be going to her for advice about benefits
Your reading of it is correct. Jack's not used to having to read the kinds of letters people who are genuinely hard up receive it seems... how peculiar... 🤔

• Haha

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
The per Rialto, taking extensive notes in Italian because obviously after a mini break she's learning a new language, posing on the streets for photos, moaning that her hotel was only 3-star and near a canal...in Venice.
Speaking of Per Rialto, I'm glad she's learned something from us, at any rate.

Screenshot 2022-08-17 at 08.41.42.png

• Haha
Reactions: 57