Jack Monroe #363 I regret to inform you Jack Monroe has done another tweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why you pumbled?
Bus ticket crumbled

(Apologies if this has been rhymed before btw :LOL:)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I listened to a bit of that LBC thing, just caught the end. Jack went on about how she used to be in the fire service and because she worked there so long she still has connections to them and apparently this is just like politicians being in bed with the energy companies. I couldn't make head nor tail of it tbh.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
My thoughts after a partial grunk:

The Prima advice section was tit. How hypocritical of Jack to encourage people to continue to buy unnecessary toiletries with "don't forget to value yourself" schtick. I wouldn't resent her brand deals because at least it's a legitimate way of her earning money, but she's such a massive, massive sell out and hypocritical to the extreme.

Her advice to buy reusable pads for the purposes of saving money is bad. They're like £7 each, and you need quite a few of them. The poorest people can't afford £50 or more. Yes, you probably save money in the end but some people don't have £50 to spare, as she who claims to have used socks and newspapers as fanny pads ought to know. Wonder why she didn't add that into her advice. Probably because she knows it's such a ridiculous story that it's not suitable for her Superdrug brand deal.

I personally use cloth pads, because they're more comfortable (my periods are extremely painful), and hold more blood. Also your flow changes for the better, most of it comes out on the toilet. I got them for eco-friendly reasons, but honestly, you have to wash them a lot. You also have to replace them every few years in my experience. I'm not sure how beneficial they are in terms of the environment, although they certainly help reduce landfill waste.

As for her primary school, I'm almost certain I've found it. It's very close to her childhood home. It was a separate junior and infants school in her time, and the junior school was on special measures between March 2007-December 2008 (so not "constantly", and 8-9 years after she left). It is otherwise a good school. 51.8% of kids are eligible for free school meals, compared to 22.5% nationally. Searching the roads that surround it on three sides, there are indeed some properties that are listed as social housing in each of those three roads. I don't know whether or not it's an actual "council estate". But there are blocks of flats and small terraced houses, which is probably enough to make someone who grew up in a 5 bedroom detached house recoil in horror.
I left my abusive H when pregnant and was fucked financially, had a deep terror of not being able to afford nappies/wipes/formula and had a grand total of £300 to spend on baby stuff, the £75 I spent on cloth nappies was the best money ever [/ISPOILER] and they don’t need washing above 40.

Now there are 3 of us having periods (all at the same time every month!) I don’t have to worry about being unable to afford pads, running out of them, or being unable to get hold of any now I’m rural with no shops.

But my stash is massive, I’ve got around 40 of them, and the ones I first bought are still going strong.

Teens love them as they’re not self conscious of changing them at school in the unisex toilets as there’s no “noise”, and I mostly love them because they’re not scented (who the duck thought scented pads was a good idea?!)

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Why is she smirking and grinning whilst talking about people dying because of poverty?
People dying in ways she thinks proves one of her tedious points excites her. She feeds off human misery.

Apparently disabled people who are worried about dying are phoning Jack hourly, rather than properly qualified advisers who could actually help.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Watching this with the nasal whine dialled well down.

The way that not a single cell moves anywhere above her eyelids is well into Uncanny Valley territory. Human eyebrows & foreheads just aren’t supposed to be glass-smooth and utterly lifeless, even if that’s nicely symbolic of the absence of any useful brain activity going on behind them.

Ah, Jack Monroe. With her forehead like a stiff shiny plastic wang, and her bread like the forehead of an Orc being electrocuted. Online life will certainly be less amusing when her gig’s finally up & she has to retreat into shamed obscurity for the rest of her days - which I sincerely hope will go on for a very very long time: a long life as a social media pariah is exactly what she deserves.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
She’s given herself special permission to break her £20 rule cos she’s HELPING THE POORS! I mean is it too much to ask just for one day on this hellsite to be able to do one heckin thing without the trolls piling on EVERY DAMN TIME. My god it’s EXHAUSTING! 😤
I suspect she's growing to say she had to pawn the haunted rings in order to buy X3 the ingredients for her many, many 15 minute one pot meals.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Cripes. Those wierd fillers she has had in and around her mouth haven't settled down yet then.
But oh I forgot. It is her sobriety skin 🙄
She looks awful - like she hasn't slept at all - and sounds worse.
If I didn't know what a lying, grifting narc she is, I would actually feel sorry for her seeing this.

Reactions: 38
My (half Spanish 🔺) OH makes fabulous gazpacho. With the gazpacho chat earlier thought I'd share his recipe.

6 large tomatoes
1 pepper (red or green whichever you like better)
2 cucumbers.
chop into smallish pieces
Add:
One shot glass of olive oil
One shot glass of vinegar
Salt
Throw in blender.
Done

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Why is she smirking and grinning whilst talking about people dying because of poverty?
Because talking in gruesome, disrespectful ways about other people’s trauma is how she gets her dollar innit.

She also, to use an outmoded psychosexual framework, seems to be stuck in an anal-expulsion fixation. How many times in that talk did she talk in graphic detail about incontinence, not affording the people concerned the slightest shred of dignity.

Poorly integrated personality issues, send Doktor Freudios.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
I'm sure rickets/bus tickets was just chosen (I say "chosen" but I don't think there was much of an editorial process going on) because of the rhyme. It could just as easily have been

Because they have had polio
They lean on a portfolio
Had no butter, only lard,
Stuffed my shoes with an oyster card

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 124
Look, I know it is pointless to ask, but why wouldn't you just get a hot water bottle, boil the kettle and then pop it under the duvet?

Why on earth would you heat the oven, get a no doubt grimy baking tray and then wait 30 minutes for it to heat up?

You could go to Poundland and get a HWB, or I dunno, find one in a puddle or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.