Jack Monroe #363 I regret to inform you Jack Monroe has done another tweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You didn't mention her damn ADHD brain! It simultaneously gives her laser precision focus on the task at hand while also endlessly distracting her to the point she gets nothing done.
I mean … I know you’re joking about Jack here … but, as someone who was diagnosed more than a quarter of a century ago, and have had to work around it for my whole adult life in order to be able to be good at the things I’m actually good at, this is not a bad descriptive overview of ADHD generally 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Ah dear ninny - Jack answers this in the next line of that verse. For some inexplicable reason these children with rickets used their crumpled bus tickets to stuff the toes of their duct taped shoes. Seriously.
No me neither.

ETA aren't bus tickets really small? Like a large stamp? Why would that help with shoe stuffing?
Okay I know stuffing shoes with rags to make them fit is a thing that people sometimes do. However, bus tickets are tiny, how many crumpled bus tickets does it take fill the toe of a shoe?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
How can she triple test when she only has £20 a week for food. How do these recipes fit in with that?
I guess she regards the food she buys for her work a business expense? Not sure if she now 'works' as a sole trader or not.

But it's always been weird for her to bang on about £20 shops when she can/could literally live of her business and eat the food she cooks for her recipes. I mean, not weird but disingenuous to pretend she lives of a £20 as some kind of inspirational thing. The fact is is that it is bleeping hard to live of a £20 shop and it's insulting to those who live on much less income than her.

Reactions: 45
I'm sure rickets/bus tickets was just chosen (I say "chosen" but I don't think there was much of an editorial process going on) because of the rhyme. It could just as easily have been

Because they have had polio
They lean on a portfolio

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
Okay I know stuffing shoes with rags to make them fit is a thing that people sometimes do. However, bus tickets are tiny, how many crumpled bus tickets does it take fill the toe of a shoe?
Pity the poor kids in my town, we use plastic travel cards. Jack's povs with their paper tickets? Luxury.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
The baking trays tip is so very tit. Baking trays cool down very quickly when you remove them from the oven. They don't retain heat like a hot water bottle or a Victorian copper bed warmer (you'd think the urchin waif would have one of those in her collection, filling it with baking beans instead of hot coals). Everything is so dramatic but so obviously nonsense.
Hnnggggnnngh or whatever the stupid exclamation she uses is.
Presumably they're used baking trays so they'd be covered in grease too. Who wants grease smeared bedsheets? Would explain the lingering honk though.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Still grunking but absolutely howling with laughter at @jenny2603 comment on the last thread about Jack’s grubby mitts in lesbians 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The baking trays tip is so very tit. Baking trays cool down very quickly when you remove them from the oven. They don't retain heat like a hot water bottle or a Victorian copper bed warmer (you'd think the urchin waif would have one of those in her collection, filling it with baking beans instead of hot coals). Everything is so dramatic but so obviously nonsense.
Hnnggggnnngh or whatever the stupid exclamation she uses is.
Most baking trays are definitely, er, seasoned, there's no way I'd be putting any near my 300 thread count Jasper Conrans thank you very much. Filthy.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I guess she regards the food she buys for her work a business expense? Not sure if she now 'works' as a sole trader or not.

But it's always been weird for her to bang on about £20 shops when she can/could literally live of her business and eat the food she cooks for her recipes. I mean, not weird but disingenuous to pretend she lives of a £20 as some kind of inspirational thing. The fact is is that it is bleeping hard to live of a £20 shop and it's insulting to those who live on much less income than her.
Quoting myself llike an asshole here, but even if she would live of a £20 for a year, or even a month, it would still not be the same as she will always be able to get money from her family/will have an inheritance at some point/has her passive Patreon income she could save up while doing that challenge etc.

Budget cooking as a challenge or hobby is so different to having no other choice and no hope of improvement in the foreseeable future (or worse, with the expectation of more cuts and higher costs coming at you soon). This is why students tend to not be that desperate about their situation, as they expect at some point they will have some more expendable income, so it's more a rite of passage to be skint as a student than a depressing fact of life. And she almost never acknowledges this either, instead she'll write some emotional drivel about a thing that happened a decade ago for a limited amount of time.

The media is awful for continuing to give her a platform as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
I'm sure rickets/bus tickets was just chosen (I say "chosen" but I don't think there was much of an editorial process going on) because of the rhyme. It could just as easily have been

They lean on a portfolio
The man with a club foot
Wishes he could vote for Michael Foot

Wow these poems practically write themselves!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66

They lean on a portfolio
They have malnutrition
But no paediatrician

• Haha
Reactions: 68
No-one cares about the man
Who burned his foot on the frying pan
That was in my bed to keep it warm
Where we hid from the metaphorical storm
And had no money well nearly none
Now he's got gangrene but who cares - NO-ONE.

<gives sincere meaningful look to the audience, quavers under bushel of hair>

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
Screenshot 2022-08-14 10.20.32.png

Screenshot 2022-08-14 10.21.24.png

Screenshot 2022-08-14 10.22.38.png

Looks like no one is buying the leftiest lefty who ever leftied act, Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 100
Ah dear ninny - Jack answers this in the next line of that verse. For some inexplicable reason these children with rickets used their crumpled bus tickets to stuff the toes of their duct taped shoes. Seriously.
No me neither.

ETA aren't bus tickets really small? Like a large stamp? Why would that help with shoe stuffing?

Extra ETA

View attachment 1497217
blahhhh you’re not a dickens love

also if the shoes had to be duct taped up we as readers are clever enough to assume they’re “barely together “

STOP IT

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Oh dear, I'm going to have to listen to this on catch up

20220814_112847.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.