Jack Monroe #356 I can put 30p in the mortgage, Harold!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For the poster on the previous thread who said the local squig was being a bit creepy, I didn’t read it like that at all. I read it more like “I move in the same social circles as Harold, Jack - I know exactly what went down and how you treated him.”
Please can someone direct me to the new Harold information? I keep seeing him mentioned last couple of threads but all my speed grunking means I had to skim a LOT

Reactions: 15
Some faults are easier to cop to than others. Sometimes I look back and think “I used to [do X thing], I was such a twit lolz 😜🤣” and sometimes I wake up in the night and think “Christ, I can’t believe I said that to/did that to / thought that about another living creature. I really need to earn some good karma… maybe I should track them down and apologise…?”
Jack wrote a tweet listing her flaws, saying she was well aware of them, but it was all stuff from the first category. She’ll never admit even just to herself, on her own in private, that she’s lied. I think she’s living in a carefully constructed delusion.
I don't think it's about earning good karma, with all respect. I think it's about being a decent human being without expecting a pat on the head or payout from the universe.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
01DF6B3F-EFB9-4A05-B223-627A754101AA.jpeg

A single magpie? Look Jack, the magpie’s OH LEFT just like yours! I wonder if they’re now going to be stuck in a massive nest they RENT now too.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I've been grunking for 2 days and I'm still 3 threads behind. I'd just like to say. This couldn't have happened at a better time, Jack may actually now feel the cost of living crisis for herself, like the rest of us. Also, I understand people saying that JM needs therapy but honestly, it would be akin to sending a criminal to jail in order to discover new ways to grift. I love Molly and the trifle lady.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
I’m over ten pages behind but I’m tempted to do a rinsed hoop cook along as I have everything I need for it 🤨 has anyone done it before? Just feel like we could do with a laugh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Please can someone direct me to the new Harold information? I keep seeing him mentioned last couple of threads but all my speed grunking means I had to skim a LOT
Someone on twitter said to Jack they were local to her and 'knew what a lie was but more importantly knew what the truth was.' Jack replied saying you can't be that local to me or you'd have seen my six foot tall boyfriend and his BIG CAR on my driveway for the last year.

The frauen were like 🤷

Someone on twitter said to Jack they were local to her and 'knew what a lie was but more importantly knew what the truth was.' Jack replied saying you can't be that local to me or you'd have seen my six foot tall boyfriend and his BIG CAR on my driveway for the last year.

The frauen were like 🤷
Quoting myself like a ninny to add, I think the assumption is the twitterer knows Harold in real life.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Given that we're still waiting for all of the following to be posted, I won't hold my breath for this one.

View attachment 1480018View attachment 1480019View attachment 1480020View attachment 1480021View attachment 1480022
One of the things I despise about Jack most is the fact she feels she has to justify buying beef by saying it is yellow sticker. I’m not sure why she thinks people begrudge her a piece of meat which is full price. She does this quite often. It’s just one of those utterly pointless lies. My cousin, who I’ve mentioned here before that is also a compulsive liar, does this too.
Utterly pointless lies about something that deserves no justification.

Anyway. Stifado; my dads recipe.
No premabling about wandering barefoot round villages nodding sagely at the elders and not a budget recipe.
Serves about 4/6

1lb cubed stewing steak - I don’t eat meat and swap this out for chestnut mushrooms which are seared in the same way but added much later
1 or 2 packs small shallots
One glass red wine, optional
Whole cloves (around a dozen)
Whole cinnamon stick (one)
One tin of tomatoes
Salt
Pepper

Method:
Sear the beef in a hot pan with some oil. Do this in batches.
Once the beef is seared on all sides, add it to a largish pot with the peeled shallots (pain in the tit to peel), with the tomatoes, half fill the empty can with water and pour this in too, with a good squeeze of tomato purée, the red wine, dried cinnamon and cloves, and seasoning. Turn to a low heat and leave for at least an hour and 15, maybe longer. Resist the urge to stir as the meat will break. If you need to loosen from the bottom of the pot (shouldn’t really if the heat is very low and there is plenty of liquid) then give the pot a very careful shake. Probably more like a shoogle than a shake. No need to be quite so cautious with mushrooms and of course this option will require less cooking time overall.
Cook until the sauce reduces and the meat and onions are soft. Count the cloves as you remove them and the cinnamon at the end, if you can.

Serve with rice or mash made with olive oil and seasoned with nutmeg.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I’m over ten pages behind but I’m tempted to do a rinsed hoop cook along as I have everything I need for it 🤨 has anyone done it before? Just feel like we could do with a laugh.

Please don't waste food on her account.

They have absolutely zero texture and, without the sauce, zero flavour or nutritional value. No amount of Athlete's foot cheese powder and pepper is going to change that.

Reactions: 36
Thought she was going to the park with her family? She really is incapable of putting her phone away isn't she 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.