Jack Monroe #355 rinses poor people better than she rinses spaghetti hoops

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve followed one of the squigs who is taking heat for laughing at Jack’s recipes forever (over a decade I think). She’s a teacher and definitely not a paid government troll. I’m starting to see random other accounts I follow poking fun at the slop, which is amazing!
A bit OT, but just wanted to say how lovely it is to see you back WM.
Hope all is well x

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Oh, Molly! ❤ ❤ ❤

She's only gone and tagged Tom Kerridge and Jamie Oliver, along with Jack's tweets about them! Splendid!
Loads of folk have tagged Tom, he or whoever manages account will certainly be aware of her mad accusations by now. There's going to be SPICY chat in the industry Whatsapp about Jack. Interestingly he tweeted approvingly about the VBI and Jack a few months back, I think she can kiss goodbye to any further support from Tom.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Her books are like a Victorian pineapple, always being passed around as a gift, but never kept

• Haha
Reactions: 54
All of the above. 🙌🏻
When I saw this tweet earlier my first though was if this is actually happening, if others are being targetd, why aren't these people all being vocal and standing with her in the midst of this s**t storm? She is entirely alone.
She is, but it’s also reminiscent of that expression along the lines of: “if you keep meeting assholes, maybe you’re the asshole”. I’ve mangled it I’m sure but do you know what I mean?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
I’ve just browsed Twitter and I’m starting to think she is Teflon. Absolutely nothing is sticking. AM pointed out that she claims not to have bought shampoo and conditioner for two years but posted a hair dye job that took at least 3 products just 8 months ago. Didn’t make a dent! Just rolled off her supporters’ backs like a pumble down a hill. Lots of anger directed at AM.
Youre looking at it the wrong way, it’s not her core supporters that need to be convinced, like Brexiters and Trumpsters, they prefer to ignore whats in front of them rather than admit they were conned.
It’s the rest, the ones that aren’t invested in Jack Monroe, Saviour of the Poor.
I doubt it matters much anyway now. She’s cancelled. No one will give her work with a cloud this dark over her. Can you imagine her on QT now? Or getting any political work at all? Never gonna happen.
The long slide into obscurity beckons

• Heart
Reactions: 51
She would never date anyone with a modest income. The wage is the most attractive thing about a potential partner

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Centre yourselves, ninnies. Jack, at the back, sit down!
And breath... 🙏

1659811055550.png

Janet Godley, "You won't win"? Have you any idea what has been going on? That's how Jack talks - everything is a battle and she, the hero, must triumph. Whereas, in the real world serious concern has been expressed about, at best, a disingenuous hypocrite repeatedly taking money from those often poorer than herself.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
You go out for a few hours…
She’s now saying she was with Harold for a year because it makes her sound like less of a lunatic than getting a mortgage with a man you’ve been seeing 4/5 months. Especially when you have a child.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
If I was Harold I'd be absolutely raging! She made him and LJC look like a pair of cunts who deserted her and ruined her life in the blog (to anyone sympathetic to her) and tweeted about the Harold break up constantly. She's still spaffing off about him on Twitter!

Reactions: 56
Maybe OH works in a hairdresser that also does aesthetics hence the constant filling of her chops

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Youre looking at it the wrong way, it’s not her core supporters that need to be convinced, like Brexiters and Trumpsters, they prefer to ignore whats in front of them rather than admit they were conned.
It’s the rest, the ones that aren’t invested in Jack Monroe, Saviour of the Poor.
I doubt it matters much anyway now. She’s cancelled. No one will give her work with a cloud this dark over her. Can you imagine her on QT now? Or getting any political work at all? Never gonna happen.
The long slide into obscurity beckons
I think you're right, some of those very loyal supporters would still loudly defend her if she were punching them in the face. The blue ticks that are simpering over her? Well we know a lot pay very little attention to the details, and they want to appear virtuous on Twitter. The people that really do matter though, those that could offer work and opportunities, that's what's she's screwed. She's becoming persona non grata, by her own hand.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.