Jack Monroe #355 rinses poor people better than she rinses spaghetti hoops

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry about your cat, ScammyS

Reactions: 30
My daughter is 5'2, her Bf of 5 years is 6'4.
They get follo
She'd get in first as she'd take some of her ahem lovely round "biscuits"

Reactions: 17
I do hope a squig sees this and puts in on Molly’s thread. I didn’t know she said this! What a proper see you next Tuesday! I’m 110% against all Tory’s and I’ve no time for Carrie Antoinette either, but really? A healthy child was born and arrived safely. A rainbow baby. Sometimes you just shut the fuck up Javkand if you have nothing nice to say, you say nothing at all!

Reactions: 36
I’m sure this has been mentioned before so apologies. But hasn’t Jack said before she still hoards food (which I totally understand if you’ve genuinely experienced poverty)? If that’s the case, how could she bring herself to pour a whole tin of hoop juice down the sink on a regular basis? Would go completely against what your brain is telling you, no?

At the very least Jack you could have sieved it out and kept it for a nice hoop jus for drizzling purposes ffs.

Reactions: 46
Medieval Jack can't legally own property, so she's upset about not being able to move into the big ouse with the squire (who has a fine carriage with three grand orses)
Jack being from medieval times explains the bag full of animal parts, the cooking, the constantly crumbling teeth, and the filthy nails.

Reactions: 43

She's never going to live down hoop rinsing. Who knew that's what would bring her down?

Reactions: 93
I'll do a thread if no one else is, give me a minute or two...

Reactions: 28
Beginning of thread:
Jack thinks Tom Kerridge stole her recipes
End of thread:
Jack was dating a 6 foot giant and is lowkey from the Middle Ages

Reactions: 76
Does she live near the Wing Yip or whatever it was called.
the detail on Croydon the day Jack went there and Harold didn’t pick her up in his big car was FORENSIC!
Oh, mate, that was chicken feed. The Cronx Massive aren't just forensic, we're experimental quantum physicists where the place is concerned. It's the biggest small village you've ever heard of.

Reactions: 29
Does she live near the Wing Yip or whatever it was called.
the detail on Croydon the day Jack went there and Harold didn’t pick her up in his big car was FORENSIC!
Actually not too far from Wing Yip!

Just for context.... the Wing Yip is a huge Chinese supermarket on Purley Way in Croydon. It does lots of produce from various Asian cultures, but is predominantly Chinese. There are restaurants, bakeries and solicitors in the complex too. It is a hugely iconic and absolutely everyone knows of it locally.
When Jack was skipping about Croydon getting her Superdrug gig and buying goats legs, people started recommending places to visit in the Cronx.
Jack, being Jack, obviously had done everything/visited everywhere in Croydon. A Squig said something like 'oh, you should visit Wing Yip' and Jack, being Jack, said something like 'oh yes, I love Wing Yip, I always go there when I'm in East Croydon '
Problem is Wing Yip is nowhere near East Croydon. To walk there would be an hour or two. Getting a bus is tricky, you'd have to go on the magical mystery tour of Croydon's buses. She also said she'd seen it as her train passed by. No trains go anywhere near the Purley Way let alone Wing Yip.
In short, SHE WAS LYING.

Reactions: 64
Was it Tim Westwood

Reactions: 16
Without the big collabs, not only does she lose the money, but arguably more importantly for a scammer, the trust factor. Unsuspecting victims see someone working with household brands and automatically think they're decent, honest and who they claim to be. Textbook contrepreneur methodology. Mike Winnet covers it in the excellent "The Contrepreneur Formula", calling it "establishing authority".

Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.