Jack Monroe #352 Hunger Hurts 2: The Difficult Second Album.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve seen this squig before. I thought it was one of Jacks socks then and screenshotted it. I’ll try to do The squiggle thing and post that too. It was from around the time of The Lee Anderson thing.
Anyway here’s the post and the other is from their profile

edited for clarity

View attachment 1471454

View attachment 1471457
I take home £1,800 a month and it's not a fortune but if I didn't even have to work for it, I'd think it was an absolute fortune, I'd feel very lucky indeed and certainly wouldn't be begging for more and crying poverty. I don't boil soap to make shower gel, I don't use solar garden lights so I can see in the evening

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Partly because you need extra resources to break out of the grind of daily life to get anywhere near having interesting stuff happen.
THIS. This is so true. That's one of the (many) things that got my bullshit detector wiggling about Jack in the first place. Because what can you really do when you're poor? When I was severely cash strapped and living precariously in early adulthood, I read books and went to the offy to have friends round and that was about it. But Jack was claiming poverty and always doing exciting, wonderful things that were so terribly life affirming and posting overwritten melodramatic bollocks about them on social media.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I‘m irrationally annoyed that the whole of Twitter isn’t furious at the Patreon scam - figures of 1.2k a month keep being bandied about, so I searched Patreon to see what others with similar subscriber numbers take in; but alas they really don’t seem to make the figures public.

A clever Frau earlier today mentioned *Olia Hercules’ Patreon numbers/takings, which are interesting though - obviously we can’t really compare them too vigorously, but I’d guess as Jack has a few hundred more subscribers (thanks Mom) she’s getting similar dollar?
*. Please note I think OH is doing an amazing job with her Patreon - and she’s Jamie’s fb book club author this month!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I've been BUSY working today so haven't been able to give this thread my full attention (coming from 9 pages behind).
Something that plays on my mind fairly regularly, and I can hand on heart say this is no slight towards anyone who has difficulty spelling, but in the thread before 'Boo, I guess?' Jack described the following scenario, in a shop.
a cashier asks for her name and email for the receipt, Jack gives her name not by saying Jack Monroe but by going:
J-A-C-K
the cashier then smiles and Jack continues:
M-O-N-R-O-E, like Marilyn but less glamorous.
the cashier then says 'oh i was going to say like the famous writer'.

Putting the famous writer part to one side, has anyone ever struggled to spell Jack and spelled it out to a 'cashier'?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
Jack Monroe always makes it so obvious. Her speech/writing pattern is always the same regardless of what sock/alt account she uses.

And that bio is a dead giveaway. As is who she follows.
How are people managing to find these potential sock accounts? Give me some hints please! :)

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Lol, she’s just different to the rest of the working class who spend their time sat in parks with their staffies and 3L bottles of frosty jacks
Throwing trays at smol pixies in beer gardens and roaring at their children.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
How are people managing to find these potential sock accounts? Give me some hints please! :)
Search the phrase "do you understand what being sober means" on Twitter and that sock should come up.

She blows her cover as she keeps jumping into Jack Monroe Twitter threads to defend Jack (herself 😂 )

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
I've been BUSY working today so haven't been able to give this thread my full attention (coming from 9 pages behind).
Something that plays on my mind fairly regularly, and I can hand on heart say this is no slight towards anyone who has difficulty spelling, but in the thread before 'Boo, I guess?' Jack described the following scenario, in a shop.
a cashier asks for her name and email for the receipt, Jack gives her name not by saying Jack Monroe but by going:
J-A-C-K
the cashier then smiles and Jack continues:
M-O-N-R-O-E, like Marilyn but less glamorous.
the cashier then says 'oh i was going to say like the famous writer'.

Putting the famous writer part to one side, has anyone ever struggled to spell Jack and spelled it out to a 'cashier'?
And really only Jack could be grandiose enough to think that she is the most famous Monroe someone could think of.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Can we all take a moment ( I think we need reminding about where things began).

a) how is this breakfast?
b) the towel used as a tablecloth is foul
c) if you had rocket in the morning surely you would taste it for the rest of the day?

View attachment 1471257
Fancy bleeping salad? a bag of rocket would have been about 50p, what on earth is she on about?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Search the phrase "do you understand what being sober means" on Twitter and that sock should come up.

She blows her cover as she keeps jumping into Jack Monroe Twitter threads to defend Jack (herself 😂 )
Thank you! Jeez I think I might have to join Twitter again so I cna jump on for this dumpster fire whenever I want. See the terrible things you make me do Jack.

ETA there's a new Jack Defender on the MN thread who sounds like it could be the pixie herself.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Good job she's got all that sweet, sweet Patreon and Paypal money burning a hole in her pocket to pay for it then!

Good Lord, could Jack Monroe make it any more obvious it's her?

Embarrassing.
Shows you how busy she is, too, doesn't it? Works 20 hours a day my arse! :rolleyes:

Deeznutslol - regarding the examples you shared, she could also read through that second piece and really think about what she wrote! In particular, "we all had it drummed into us that we have to work hard to make something of ourselves". As someone has already said, when JM started seeing the real money coming in from Patreon and her tip jar (as well as other "donations"), she must have just dumped her work ethics and danced with glee because unless she can point out what she actually does/has done - in real terms, not hidden behind the scenes - then there is no evidence of great results from any hard work.

As for the Google search - sneaky beaky Monroe! :devilish: It won't last forever though, dearest fluffy ears. And it definitely won't negate the number of people who have at least seen the light. At least they have been spared wasting their money paying for your self-confessed hoarding/spending lifestyle; they will hopefully choose to help someone IN NEED instead! That's a good result in itself.

As instructed, I've searched JM Tattle (in 3 browsers, every little helps) and left all tabs open, also opened another tab and went searching. There's one particular site discussing net worth of popular people - she's included. It makes for hilarious reading, obviously been translated (possibly from Chinese, it's similar to some Ebay descriptions lol). Won't name it as may not be allowed to but it's a combination of the italicised words if you'd like a chuckle. EG How tall is Jack Monroe? Answer 6 feet 2 inches! 😁😁 (Bet everyone has already seen it :rolleyes:🤪)

Reactions: 19
I had a saturday job in a chemist. You had to sign the poisons register for various things, I.e. kaolin and morph. Customers would just visit lots of chemists to stock up. Till the inspector of the register caught up with them
When I was a junkie, I would chemist hop for cyclizine (gave a buzz) and citric acid. We'd also try and get syringes and needles out of them because, in those days, there were no needle exchanges. One or two pharmacists took pity on us and gave them out secretly. Those pharmacists saved lives: so many of us would have gone on to contract HIV from needle sharing otherwise. I did contract Hep C but they saved a lot of folks from that too.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
why doesn’t she just go thru and delete all of her old posts and tweets
She deletes tweets all the time (almost daily) but also has a complete cull every so often, which takes her back to 0 tweets.

Jack...
Deleted around 11k tweets in Jan 2018
Deleted around 35k to 40k tweets in April 2020
Deleted around 2k tweets in July 2020
Deleted around 2k tweets in September 2020
Deleted around 4.5k tweets in December 2020

December 2020 was the most recent complete cull.

She's had a few big culls on Instagram, too.

Deleted around 200 posts in May 2020
Deleted around 100 posts in July 2020
Deleted around 100 posts in September 2020
Deleted around 100 posts in October 2020
Deleted around 200 posts in May 2021

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
The blatant use of autism is what wears me down with her. I have two with it. One a lot worse than the other. One is a people pleaser, so will lie through her teeth to fit in and one will take your throat out for even looking at him, he’s having no ones bullshit! 😂

She really disgusts me. I refuse to be kind to her (as a lot actually are on here) and forgive or forget any of it, even if she apologised. I deal with autism 24/7! It’s not what she thinks it is. If anyone reading this who knows her, has any empathy for her at all then they need to put a hammer to every device she owns that can access the internet. She has done far to much damage to charities and causes with her inflammatory tweets and she helps no one in life but herself. I read these threads laughing, they lift me up. Even on the worst of days. (There’s a lot of those when you’re an autism parent).

Tattle is not a dark corner of the internet, as Jack describes it, it’s the truth corner. Tattle is just a narc or a liars worst nightmare. It’s full proof with the tweets and posts and comments. It’s the one thing they can’t get away from. Molly (whoever she/he is) is doing far more justice for the poor than JM ever has. If even one person thinks twice now for chucking a few quid in her tin, then she’s done good and it was all worth it!

P.S I did read something on here earlier (sorry can’t remember who said it) about putting Jonny on her Twitter solely for the “look their bullying us both now” attention. I believe that was meticulously planned. I do also believe, she thought this day may come sooner, rather than later. So she was even willing to use her own child as a shield. No parent who received as much trolling as she says she does would ever subject their child to that. It was done so she could shout all over Twitter how her son is now a victim of her trolls. She’s very clued up on Twitter, if only she was as clued up on cooking she might have got the C4 gig instead of that man!
Sorry this is a terrible me-rail but there is so much talk on here at the moment about autism from knowledgeable fraus that I really can't resist. If there's another thread or area on here to move it to please let me know or else I can delete (I think!). One of the things that upsets me most about Jack is the super power autism stuff. My mum and deceased eldest brother had a learning disability that is / was likely autism (still battling for an assessment for my mum) and the impact its had on their lives, my family and me has been awful. When I first got some medical confirmation my mums condition may well be autism I googled autistic parents and was confronted by a well meaning but not helpful to me lead story from the main autism charity from someone saying autism had made them a better parent. I mean no disrespect to them and I know everyone has different experiences but it really upset me as was so at odds with my families experience. I just wanted to say that people talking about the real struggles on here with autism and the person who described what it can feel like have given me more insight and made me feel less alone than bloody googling it has ever done x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 74
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.