Jack Monroe #352 Hunger Hurts 2: The Difficult Second Album.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Jack may be trying to rubbish AM's tweets. Planting little seeds that 2 different things might not have any relevance even if they first appear to.

Or a distraction that people start talking about Jack's slightly strange tweet rather than all the tweets calling Jack out.

• Wow
Reactions: 29
I don’t understand the mortgage offer thing, tbh. I’ve only ever applied for one when I was certain I had everything in place and was definitely going to buy/sell. If she was turned down then that goes against you in the future, yes? So did she go asking how much she could borrow, but didn’t have the deposit? And if she was told that she would able to borrow £550,000 then that’s based on her income, so she must be pulling in a fair amount. Would they take the Patreon income into consideration because that can’t be guaranteed income. I’m a bit baffled by that whole thing.

I also don’t think it was a dry run as such. I think she’d seen somewhere that she wanted to buy but some obstacle was put in her way, whether that was earnings, not enough deposit or whatever.

Reactions: 30
she despises WC mothers especially, doesn’t she?
Yes and considering she's written before about her fear of SB being taken into care (as if) it seems especially telling she'd even consider going to social services because of a young-looking single mother in a beer garden. The absolute tory of her just shining through.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Richard, the leading economist and big Jack supporter, is questioning economic policy this morning. Not sure why he isn’t asking Jack for her take, as he was indicating yesterday that chucking money her way would help in the fight we all face this coming winter 🤷🏽‍♀️

Don’t want to break it to him, but however painful raising interest rates will be, the BOE have little choice now in their effort to curb inflation. The longer we leave it the worse it will become for many more, it’s pretty much all the BOE have left to stop inflation increasing further. Have to say I would love to see Jack comment on this though, sure she has the answer in one of her binders of ‘invaluable work’

BF52B8B9-7C75-4F3E-B02D-69268EDBE619.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Dunno if this’ll even make sense but just can’t imagine the psychological reaction to receiving thousands upon thousands of pounds instantly, with no work required, like you know how a lot of lottery winners end up in financial ruin/wasting it? Surely she’s doing that on a micro scale?

Same with a monthly salary you’ve done nothing for, like what must that do to someone and how they value money? @MancBee has a lovely saying that’s basically easily gained/easily spent, which is probably why she’s not managed to acquire so much as a car after a decade+ of well paid media work…? The whole thing is just 🤯.
i think you mean on a macro scale, tender one x

• Haha
Reactions: 32
dont forget the huge tax bill plus fines she has had to pay, in order for the company to be struck off. There was clearly insufficient in the business account to cover monies owed, otherwise HMRC would have taken the funds and closed the business. The fact they opposed the strike off was because she owed more than was in the account.
I just had a thought (don't all run away:censored:). Jack said a little while ago that she paid herself minimum wage - presumably this was via the company (which most normal business owners would do). The latest pity posts happened fairly shortly after her alleged "chat" with the accountant and HMRC, then the subsequent paying of outstanding debts and striking off. It's highly possible that her monthly "salary" ceased and she's noticed a considerable drop in income, leading to the big beg (the one where she wasn't begging).

Just another wild theory to throw into the mix. Someone probably already has it covered, I'm usually days if not weeks behind.:rolleyes:😁

Also, I must apologise to tender heart plushiewushie Jack😘 for calling her SHE (oh, and her) if that's not what she/they like to be called. Don't want to offend anyone unnecessarily, what with all her other tit going on and all that. (Also can't be arsed to look at her Twatter to see if she actually specifies it, so... 🤪)

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I also find it odd with Jack how she said she did a practise run for buying a house- what even is that? Did she seriously waste an estate agent, sellers and mortgage brokers time essentially 'window shopping' with no intention of buying?

It's so easy nowadays to find online calculators and credit checks so you can see what budget and the likelihood is of getting a mortgage so there was absolutely no need for a performative 'practice run'
I think all the mortgage talk was completely for OH’s benefit. ‘I can be sensible and sort my finances out look!’. I also suspect it was all relying on OH buying a house with her, hence all the ‘hopes, plans & dreams being scattered to the wind’ or whatever shite it was.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I’m not arguing about whether it’s annoying when people with no intention to buy a house waste people’s time. I’m saying that anyone using that as an example of Jack’s bad behaviour will undermine the point rather than adding anything tangible to it, because it absolutely will 1: look a bit of a weird thing to focus on, 2: fail to understand that people who are open to being convinced will noy be convinced by “she’s not duly concerned with the time and resources of estate agents 3: dilute more tangible stuff. 4: be easily (and pretty much fairly) framed by her supporters as “the haters are so obsessed that they’re actually trying to use wasting estate agents time. They really have misunderstood why we support Jack”

happy to leave it there though
I appreciate your perspective on this. I'm the first to admit that I've spent so much time on here that I can't see anymore whether mithering about spoons, teeth, chairs or walri is in any way proportionate.

What is clear to me is that her crimes fall into four distinct categories
1. Lies that are provable and harmful (pleading poverty and asking for donations)
2. Lies that are provable, but may be seen as harmless (Church Suppers, making estate agent appointments)
3. Lies that we can't prove but could be huge (tax)
4. Her food

I'm glad Molly is sticking mostly to category 1, throwing a few category 2 bits in to give context to extent of the lying.

We can laugh about the rest here.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
totally different dynamic though depending on whether your interaction is as a renter, a buyer, a landlord etc. not saying there aren’t other ways to work out approaches, just that it really doesn’t stand up as a “and now THIS”.

its like the alcohol free beer thing from yesterday - as a total newcomer to this, when I saw direct contradictions, weird stuff around patreon and embarrassing obviously untrue things, that got me onboard. If I’d seen “she wastes estate agent time and drinks o.5 speckled hen while claiming to be off the booze”, I’d have eye rolled and thought “Jesus, people were right when they said JM gets subjected to weird accusations”
I mean this with all due respect and appreciate you are new so please don’t take this as a kick to the shins or dog piling - but the posts re 0.5% ABV alcohol are coming from people in the fellowship with years / more like decades of recovery between us all? It is incredibly important to point out that Jack is simultaneously pushing herself as AA poster girl (in breach of traditions) whilst also sharing dangerous advice with vulnerable newcomers, like drinking these “alcohol free” drinks and using booze in cooking, this directly contradicts advice in the “living sober” book which even goes as far as to advise avoiding wet places and keeping any booze in the home, you wouldn’t even use a mouth wash or shaving foam containing alcohol. It’s really, really not on and I’m sorry but your repeated hammering of this point isn’t really fair when you’re seemingly not in the rooms (correct me if I’m wrong pls) so arguably not equipped to comment on what is or isn’t safe for people in recovery? It’s a privilege to think caring about this stuff is weird. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 106
Yes and considering she's written before about her fear of SB being taken into care (as if) it seems especially telling she'd even consider going to social services because of a young-looking single mother in a beer garden. The absolute tory of her just shining through.
I loved Beer Garden mum so much for doofing Jack in the face with a tray.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
1. She is absolutely 100% lying here 🧢, this teenage girl was supposedly off her head, verbally abusing her kids and throwing drinks trays in a quiet pub garden in the middle of the day and you mean to say the staff just allowed it to happen and did nothing about it? Never in a million years.
2. ‘The little scrunge’???? Wow.
3. Surely if you thought this girl had stolen your wallet, the first thing you’d do is ring the police and report it?

• Angry
Reactions: 62
I mean this with all due respect and appreciate you are new so please don’t take this as a kick to the shins or dog piling - but the posts re 0.5% ABV alcohol are coming from people in the fellowship with years / more like decades of recovery between us all? It is incredibly important to point out that Jack is simultaneously pushing herself as AA poster girl (in breach of traditions) whilst also sharing dangerous advice with vulnerable newcomers, like drinking these “alcohol free” drinks and using booze in cooking, this directly contradicts advice in the “living sober” book which even goes as far as to advise avoiding wet places and keeping any booze in the home, you wouldn’t even use a mouth wash or shaving foam containing alcohol. It’s really, really not on and I’m sorry but your repeated hammering of this point isn’t really fair when you’re seemingly not in the rooms (correct me if I’m wrong pls) so arguably not equipped to comment on what is or isn’t safe for people in recovery? It’s a privilege to think caring about this stuff is weird. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Plus Jack styles herself as some recovery ambassador - a group secretary, attending multiple groups, publishing articles etc. She should be aware that alcohol free or 0.5% can be dangerous (I'm sure sure was against it at some point?)

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.