Jack Monroe #352 Hunger Hurts 2: The Difficult Second Album.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if Molly's new threat didn't gain as much traction because she didn't mention Jack's name?
The real gotcha, the teemill/TT thing should have been the first post.

The media training thing, while a good example of someone claiming to be unable to lie lying, isn’t really something most people are going to give a flying fig about.

Reactions: 31
I reckon she's still trying to recover from that 10k she donated from her savings to the TT from the Teemill debacle. Still don't believe she managed to raise that amount, and then to drop such a lucrative fundraiser like a stone?! Doesn't make sense. No transparency whatsoever and highly suspicious was the whole performative donation after we kept asking about it.
dont forget the huge tax bill plus fines she has had to pay, in order for the company to be struck off. There was clearly insufficient in the business account to cover monies owed, otherwise HMRC would have taken the funds and closed the business. The fact they opposed the strike off was because she owed more than was in the account.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Was thinking last night about what a reputation management team might suggest she do, given that they'd presumably note the number of receipts proving the extent of the lies. I wonder if they might suggest shutting down the Patreon as potentially the only thing that would show any kind of real contrition?

Reactions: 37
Possibly but I think things are calming down now. It'll probably take Jack doing something unhinged to blow it all up again. I predict she'll will do just that and set it all off again.
It must be incredibly hard for Jack to know that anything she puts out now (apart from swans and lame jokes) may be added to AM's thread?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
She probably didn't have any, just claimed in the name of her pets
At one point during lockdown 1, she claimed to be paying Caroline of the Hands from her own pocket. There’ll be a receipt for that somewhere on these threads…

• Heart
Reactions: 42
The real gotcha, the teemill/TT thing should have been the first post.

The media training thing, while a good example of someone claiming to be unable to lie lying, isn’t really something most people are going to give a flying fig about.
Agreed. As I said yesterday, if she’s attempting to get new people onside, then lying about reading a book isnt cutting it, funny though it is.
same with media training. The fact she badly needs it (and if she paid for it she should ask for her money back) isn’t the issue here; the issue is she crowdfunded it. Id have put this after the tax and Teemill.

Reactions: 27
Conspiracy theory: is Jack secretly a corvid?!
- loves shiny spoons
- remembers faces
- holds grudges
- croaking
- has a very loud shitfit if annoyed
I respect corvids more than I do Jack Monroe. They are highly intelligent birds.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Apologies for the Daily Fail but it's arrived Jack's moment is upon us. 😂
Screenshot_20220804-065136_Daily Mail Online.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I see Jack understands the definition of sarcasm as well as Alanis Morrissette understands the definition of ironic.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
I know children who’ve grown up in homes where they weren’t sure where or when the next meal was coming from and this is the sort of anxious relationship with food they can develop. I think she’s nicked that from one of the foster kids.
Hmmm, now getting more convinced she actually could be a magpie. She steals anything she can get het little claws on. (I mean stories m'lud, not wanting to defame her by suggesting she steals things from the shop)

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Was thinking last night about what a reputation management team might suggest she do, given that they'd presumably note the number of receipts proving the extent of the lies. I wonder if they might suggest shutting down the Patreon as potentially the only thing that would show any kind of real contrition?
Jack should not have replied to anything until she'd discussed with some sort of spin doctor, or even a friend. They surely wouldn't have suggested the snappy and select replies she's been making.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I think she'll stay away from that, she got a bit of push back on a tweet she did in reference to the arthritis which might have been a bit badly worded. Though I agree it would be good to see it called out.
I know - and that's precisely why Jack's grift is so excellent. She chooses identities that often come with extreme vulnerability, which makes people terrified of calling her out. However I do think that when they're all listed together, as some Fraus on these threads have done, one can see how ridiculous and implausible it all is, especially when taken alongside Jack's own tales and pics.

Reactions: 34
I can’t imagine Jack’s current rage at the realisation neither pulling the MH and autistic cards nor trying to bury it below pictures of swans is going to make this go away.

The narc crashing must be spectacular… and I’m leaning towards Molly being someone she’s crossed in real life.
Maybe someone she sent a cease and desist to. A couple of people who know her personally have posted here in the past until they received a letter

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Jack should not have replied to anything until she'd discussed with some sort of spin doctor, or even a friend. They surely wouldn't have suggested the snappy and select replies she's been making.
That suggests she would 1) be able to take advice and 2) not respond to things on Twitter. Both are too hard.

Reactions: 24
I know everyone has their own ideas on how Molly should do things but she’s done a great job in exposing some of the biggies and she has the bollocks to take the wrath of the flying monkeys. I don’t think nitpicking over post order or wording helps when she’s already posted something. Bringing the best receipts to her attention, however… chapeau!

• Heart
Reactions: 99
I do think it's now a bit coulda woulda shoulda. None of us would have taken it to Twitter to begin with so 🤷

Jack has doubtless gotten thousands from this beg but thanks to the Twitter thread (and our Wiki) she also has more journalist eyes on her than ever before. Anyone who ever had a suspicious feeling about her has had their instincts confirmed and that's a very good thing 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 77
Don’t be sad, tender one. It is a bare faced lie.

Thank you dear heart. Indeed they have not. In fact feathers are part of the issue here. We were out in the evening for a little while and as we came back there was a dead bird on the pavement right outside our path. I have a very real fear of this particular type of bird and started screaming. Mr Laz was creeped out by it and is refusing to move it. We have reached a stalemate.
i actually don’t know how I’m going to be able to leave the house in the morning.
bleep.
Quoting myself to say the bird is gone. He got up very early this morning and moved it!
OH is now known as the bird undertaker-o

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Chard plants anyone?
Never mind the patreon figures, I need to see how the plants are doing on that windowsill!

1659595170723.png

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.