Jack Monroe #352 Hunger Hurts 2: The Difficult Second Album.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shopkeeper: Here... Are you that bird lady off the telly?
Jack, who is half corvid: Caw, how'd you know?
Shopkeep: You're the only customer we've ever had who was also a corvid. Thanks for all you do. Brian, fetch the broom and clean the lady's tit up
Jack: Caw, I guess

i don't think I can cope much longer. molly needs to blow her to bits
It's like waiting for the Titanic to sink, except it's Jack's act collapsing under the weight of its own contradictions

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Ritalin is the amphetamine stimulant type!! It's a class A drug hence why you need to pay to get it privately! It's rarely given out in the UK on the NHS
Quoting from the past, sorry if someone already said this. Ritalin is methylphenidate (brand names Concerta and Xaggitin are the most common over here), not an amphetamine and loads of people get it on the NHS (including me). I think you're thinking of adderall.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Quoting from the past, sorry if someone already said this. Ritalin is methylphenidate (brand names Concerta and Xaggitin are the most common over here), not an amphetamine and loads of people get it on the NHS (including me). I think you're thinking of adderall.
Adderall isn’t prescribed in the UK. We use a similar drug called Dexedrine, with Elvanse being the extended release equivalent. I take Dexedrine via a shared care referral. @gashlycrumbtiny I can confirm that I was paying very similar prices for both Concerta and Elvanse during titration in 2018.

Reactions: 24
Adderall isn’t prescribed in the UK. We use a similar drug called Dexedrine, with Elvanse being the extended release equivalent. I take Dexedrine via a shared care referral. @gashlycrumbtiny I can confirm that I was paying very similar prices for both Concerta and Elvanse during titration in 2018.
I think if Jack is on stimulants then it's more likely to be dex/elvanse tbh - I'm on methylphenidate because it's apparently the better one for emotional regulation and the difference has been night and day. I can't see Jack having such massive mood swings on it unless, of course, they're not real or something is very wrong.

I used to spiral very quickly to thoughts of SH/suicide and that's happened I think once since being medicated.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I think if Jack is on stimulants then it's more likely to be dex/elvanse tbh - I'm on methylphenidate because it's apparently the better one for emotional regulation and the difference has been night and day. I can't see Jack having such massive mood swings on it unless, of course, they're not real or something is very wrong.

I used to spiral very quickly to thoughts of SH/suicide and that's happened I think once since being medicated.
It’s a complex thing to speculate on, she could be on any of them and the adverse effects are down to other contraindicated meds/bleeping with the dosage/possibly not having ADHD at all hence them not working as they should 🤷🏻‍♀️ Also anyone with the money and inclination would be able to buy them privately from the right dealer

I used to think ADHD was the most likely to be true of her medical claims but I’m unsure nowadays tbh.

Brilliant news you’re finding the methylphenidate helpful! I found it gave me very severe anxiety (but only in the late afternoon like clockwork wtf) Elvanse was okay but I metabolised it very inconsistently and would frequently experience a nighttime second wind😂.

Dexedrine has worked very well for me and I def agree with your spoiler about that change in stress response.

For anyone else with ADHD reading I also recommend trying the Igennus Neurobalance magnesium supplement and their high EPA fish oil supplements. I find they really help enhance the effects of my medication.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
eh, it kinda screws with my head a bit that, on the one hand, i don't for a minute believe she sold his soft toys, but then, we have seen receipts of her holding an open house sale back in the day

i don't think I can cope much longer. molly needs to blow her to bits
She probably did sell toys, ones SB didn't really bother with or had outgrown but of course for the media interviews they were his 'favourites' and she had to sell them while he was out. You'd get pence for something like a small, used toy dinosaur. So what did she buy with the funds? Another pot of jam incase more jam mama? Imagine, she could've let the kid keep his favourite toy and gone round to her parents' for breakfast. Maybe even ask them could they get her a few pots of jam to do for the next couple of months. Wild idea, I know.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 62
God I hadn’t read that article before. Rage inducing!

Growing up, Ms. Monroe never thought of herself as poor.
Well, no. You don’t when you’re not actually poor.

her priority is to make her son forget their hungry spell.

At 3, he has developed a quirk: He saves food. When she made mackerel fish cake for lunch last week, he ate half of it and said he would have the rest for dinner. “You don’t have to,” she said. But he insisted.
I know children who’ve grown up in homes where they weren’t sure where or when the next meal was coming from and this is the sort of anxious relationship with food they can develop. I think she’s nicked that from one of the foster kids.

Sick

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
From this post I learned that sertraline is a stimulant and as a grateful user of it I feel I should already have known that
I have genuinely learnt some useful stuff that’s highly relevant on here - wise kind Fraus ❤

Fraus can I just swing things off topic a bit by saying that I bought Miguel’s meat free book and it’s a joy.
we’ll put together, lovely photographs of appealing plates of food, no rinsing of beans and more importantly no 800 word diatribe on how they once had cacio e pepe with a side dish of ‘you should have kept your legs shut’ so here they are creating this dish on behalf of all legs opened ladies.
Seriously though, it’s great. No story telling that I’ve seen so far, just a photo, a list of ingredients and a method. Compared with Jack’s stroganoff, I know which one I’d rather eat.
sorry for the poorly lit photo. I’m sleeping in the spare room tonight because me and Mr Laz have *had words* and i don’t want to look at him.
I do hope feathers have been smoothed 🤗

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
That's exactly what I was trying to say, if the NHS doctor thought Jack genuinely had ADHD she would be on medication from her doctor, methylphenidate. Instead, Jack is taking sertraline from her NHS gp, but then went and got a private prescription for ritalin (methylphenidate) which is a class A drug. She pays for this prescription around £200 a month and gets her sertraline from her NHS Dr. No doctor would prescribe both together as they are both stimulating so would affect her heart. Obviously Jack hasn't told the private GP about her sertraline as she wouldn't be prescribed both. This hasn't come out of thin air, Jack made several posts talking about this stuff hence why we know there is screenshots. Jack also states she takes tramadol which is also stimulating, for her arthritis. No Dr would prescribe all 3 together so obviously she hasn't told her private Dr about the sertraline and tramadol, she wouldn't have been given ritalin otherwise. Yes the NHS do prescribe it but not willy nilly and especially not alongside sertraline and tramadol.
Ah right, sorry I think myself and a couple of the other responders were confused by the wording. I thought you meant it was nigh on impossible to get Ritalin on the NHS when you have ADHD, when actually it’s the standard treatment for ADHD, the missing factor is Jack’s genuine diagnosis, which is where I think we all agree. I agree she’s doing this and it’s leading to a dangerous mix of drugs no GP would advise her to take. Also I don’t think she’s on cocaine (that MN poster was just trying to get the thread removed I think), however as anyone who doesn’t have ADHD but has tried methylphenidate can attest, if you don’t have ADHD it makes you feel and behave like you are on cocaine. This is my theory regarding a lot of her strange behaviour. And also save her a lot of money.

It would help her a lot to not be taking drugs she doesn’t need tbh

There’s a massive difference in how you respond to these drugs if you have ADHD and if, as I suspect is the case with Jack, you don’t. If you don’t have it and you take a drug that is an amphetamine, you behave as someone who has taken amphetamines, but if you have ADHD it gives you that focused clearheaded ness and better emotional regulation.

We even once tried this out at home to see if it was true (don’t try this at home kids) and sure enough by the end of the day I was an emotional, anxiety ridden wreck. My partner with ADHD is completely fine and better than when they do not take them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Gosh, how old was her son when she sold his toy, i heard sold his stuff but crikey. He sounds very young in that piece of writing.

Its made me a bit sad tbh!😰
Don’t be sad, tender one. It is a bare faced lie.

I have genuinely learnt some useful stuff that’s highly relevant on here - wise kind Fraus ❤

I do hope feathers have been smoothed 🤗
Thank you dear heart. Indeed they have not. In fact feathers are part of the issue here. We were out in the evening for a little while and as we came back there was a dead bird on the pavement right outside our path. I have a very real fear of this particular type of bird and started screaming. Mr Laz was creeped out by it and is refusing to move it. We have reached a stalemate.
i actually don’t know how I’m going to be able to leave the house in the morning.
bleep.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Don’t be sad, tender one. It is a bare faced lie.

Thank you dear heart. Indeed they have not. In fact feathers are part of the issue here. We were out in the evening for a little while and as we came back there was a dead bird on the pavement right outside our path. I have a very real fear of this particular type of bird and started screaming. Mr Laz was creeped out by it and is refusing to move it. We have reached a stalemate.
i actually don’t know how I’m going to be able to leave the house in the morning.
bleep.
With any luck a fox will have eaten it in the night. A crow once dropped the rear half of what I believed to be mackrel in my garden and I was similarly squeamish about moving it so decided to pretend it didn't exist. A few hours later, after dark I spotted a fox trotting down the path with it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
What the duck is wrong with this mob?

It's not sarcasm either, Jack you halfwit. Honestly, I'd be prepared to chuck in for a dictionary for her at this point.

"where is my dinosaur toy?" ....is such bollocks. Kids don't call their toys "toys'. I could believe "where's my big dinosaur!?,"....but otherwise, nah.
I'm a big fan of secondhand. Daughter had majority of her stuff as a younger kid bought car boot, charity shop, eBay etc. Toys go for absolutely chuff all, especially bits like plastic dinosaurs. I've never seen them for more than about £1, and normally much, much less.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I think AM should post Jack’s lengthy list of ailments/identities/conditions. Not only is it suspiciously long for a 35 year old but with her timeline some of the elements in it are mutually contradictory

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I think AM should post Jack’s lengthy list of ailments/identities/conditions. Not only is it suspiciously long for a 35 year old but with her timeline some of the elements in it are mutually contradictory
I think she'll stay away from that, she got a bit of push back on a tweet she did in reference to the arthritis which might have been a bit badly worded. Though I agree it would be good to see it called out.

Reactions: 35
I wonder if Molly's new threat didn't gain as much traction because she didn't mention Jack's name?

Reactions: 30
I wonder if Molly's new threat didn't gain as much traction because she didn't mention Jack's name?
Possibly but I think things are calming down now. It'll probably take Jack doing something unhinged to blow it all up again. I predict she'll will do just that and set it all off again.

Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.