Jack Monroe #352 Hunger Hurts 2: The Difficult Second Album.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is amazing! The more people do their own digging as well, the more they'll come across that will confirm for them that Jack is a charlatan. It's all there for them to find.
Mollys thread is everywhere.
This is from a Squig with a relatively small account but who is followed by, to me, quite influential people. They did a short thread about Jack, setting out what they saw as both sides. Asked their conclusions they posted this.

Reactions: 98
She probably just put some numbers into one of those online mortgage calculator thingys to arrive at the 550k they don’t take into account things like credit rating.

I think this, or as other have said, she’s actually bought/is buying the shitty “1 bed flat” and is crowdfunding things like lawyers fees disingenuously

Reactions: 33
How very dare they, it's 352

Reactions: 87
Think that's a fair assessment, but we are at 352 now, squig. X

Reactions: 38

They've got a setting where they can make posts/threads/sections not searchable - it's used on a section called OTBT (off the beaten track), for a start.

Reactions: 17
Does Clever Dickie understand the causal link between over a decade of rock bottom interest rates and the ridiculous inflation in asset prices over the same period, which is directly responsible for shutting people out of the housing market and eroding living standards?

No.

Clever Dickie is to economics what Jack is to Truth.

Reactions: 38
I loved Beer Garden mum so much for doofing Jack in the face with a tray.
She probably just dropped it a few feet away from Jack. Not sure a pub gardenia the first place I’d think of to visit with a 6yr old and a *checks notes* dog…..?

Reactions: 23
That would be the assumption but Jack made a big deal of how she could have gotten a mortgage if she'd allowed a mortgage broker to kiss her feet or something similar.

Reactions: 28
I just want to add (as someone who doesn’t drink, who isn’t in AA, but comes from a psychology background), there are numerous psychological reasons why “alcohol-free” or low alcohol drinks (beer, gin, seedlip type thing) should be avoided by those who are struggling. These reasons generally include the triggering of behavioural cues, either by taste (not the actual alcohol content), memory or smell. Other factors are involved but a long OT spoiler will be required.
I am in no way as qualified to speak on this area as others (HTRIA for example), but I just wanted to say that it isn’t just the actual alcohol content in these drinks that is problematic, it is so, so much more. There are degree programmes on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 60
I am fascinated by what jobs these people do…
Generally business admin/marketing within higher education. It's an issue that their higher managers are aware of. Thankfully they don't report directly to me or there would be a wheen of P45s required.

Reactions: 17
This is going to sound daft but is Tattle an insane website? I don’t really look at anything else.
In fairness to squig, if she turned up during the first Harold mania thread or the Walrus thread you can see why she might be wary.

Reactions: 66
Going well then?
So much chatter out there!

This is what some people think or that she passes the money on. This is the same guy who did the poll - he not happy!

We counted our teeth! I think we're insane.

Reactions: 101
In fairness to squig, if she turned up during the first Harold mania thread or the Walrus thread you can see why she might be wary.
Or my favourite ever post, the drawing of the ballet dancing cat.

Reactions: 74
I'm all for the off-the-wall, surrealist insanity you lot have here, it's the best. Oh, and the dramatist personae too. X

Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.