Jack Monroe #349 Shameless

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The cult of Jack Monroe really is a good example of how you should stay loyal to causes or values, and not people or parties (I am not talking about looking out for friends or family, i.e. people you have actual two-way relationships with). You never know when your hero will fall of their pedestal (sometimes becuase they make mistakes, sometimes because they acted poorly with intent) and there's no shame in that.

But there is shame in not wanting to see people for who they are, warts and all, and just hang onto their lies because it's too uncomfortable to see otherwise.

I am enjoying that more light is shed on Jacks grift, but am afraid it's going to bring all kinds of nasty people out of the woodworks that will have a go at the things she claims she stands for (this fear is exactly why she hasn't been criticised before, which I think is part of the problem with the cult personas).

• Heart
Reactions: 74
I think my only 'problem' with the exposure of the grift is how it has not touched yet on many of her receipes not working or just being plain bizarre. But perhaps that can be saved for an encore.
Don’t even get me started on this! How many times can the salmon bloody paste pasta be rolled out. It looks and sounds disgusting. Now I’ve been properly poor (send doggos) and this was before food banks were a thing and I can’t tell you how many times I ate beans on toast or if I was feeling flush ‘oops (love Gene Hunt). I could also knock up a spag Bol, shepherds pie, tuna pasta for pence. All this poor people want to eat proper food, a slightly ironic statement when everything you make looks bloody inedible and in reality costs a fortune as your pricing is not realistic unless Asda now sell things by the tsp or ml? No didn’t think so. But I am a reasonable person and will admit when I wrong so am prepared to make the salmon paste surprise for Mr Disguise as we are saving for a holiday so he will be thrilled if we can tighten our belts. Watch this space!

Apologies, newcomers. It's been a long 2 years. We had to amuse ourselves one way or another at times on here.
I have found my people 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
Have been lurking for ages and trying hard to keep up with the grunking of these last two threads because of gasping at that begging letter, truly gasping.

But constantly confused with references to 'TD'. Can someone kind put me out of my misery and explain ?
trifle defender x

Reactions: 24
In any of the retweeting of the Molly thread, has anyone tagged in her agent? I’m sure Rosemary Scoular would love to know what her client’s been up to…..

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I think my only 'problem' with the exposure of the grift is how it has not touched yet on many of her receipes not working or just being plain bizarre. But perhaps that can be saved for an encore.
I was quite hoping the big finale to that thread was going to be ‘and finally, HER RECIPES ARE tit’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Don’t even get me started on this! How many times can the salmon bloody paste pasta be rolled out. It looks and sounds disgusting. Now I’ve been properly poor (send doggos) and this was before food banks were a thing and I can’t tell you how many times I ate beans on toast or if I was feeling flush ‘oops (love Gene Hunt). I could also knock up a spag Bol, shepherds pie, tuna pasta for pence. All this poor people want to eat proper food, a slightly ironic statement when everything you make looks bloody inedible and in reality costs a fortune as your pricing is not realistic unless Asda now sell things by the tsp or ml? No didn’t think so. But I am a reasonable person and will admit when I wrong so am prepared to make the salmon paste surprise for Mr Disguise as we are saving for a holiday so he will be thrilled if we can tighten our belts. Watch this space!

I have found my people 🤣
Ooh please do make it. I have actually made this, many moons ago. It was erm, interesting, in a overpoweringly fishy way... 😬 Would love to know what you think 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
We’ve been the top 3 for Jack Monroe search terms in the past 24 hours, with her recipes receiving 23% of the search volume of just the top query. This doesn’t factor in the fact we’re 3 of the top……

2AA718E5-07D6-4119-A4AA-27C1C7DA7A7C.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
Do you think that's because the latest grift was already planned and she was trying to forestall some of the backlash? Or am I just being cynical 🤔?
Good question! Knowing how mercenary Jack Monroe is, she probably did line up her son to run her twitter as part of this latest grift - hoping that people would either a: feel pity on him running it so not call her out on the scam or b: her flying monkeys could attack anyone commenting, saying "he's just a small boy, leave him alone". Funnily enough, Jack's friend (and the online scammer she shared the GoHenry fraud trick with) Sarah Akwisombe used exactly this approach last year when a couple of media articles in succession came out, using her 8 year old daughter to do IG videos saying "leave us alone". Pure emotional manipulation and so wrong to use kids as a human shield.

So yeah, no doubt Jack would do the same - using her kid as a shield rather than shielding the kid.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
She’s bleeping grifting again?! Seriously I haven’t been on this thread for months (because I can’t keep up with you all, Jack’s a narcissistic wanker who never changes and is enabled by clueless idiots and lazy journalists who both fill her pockets for limited/no work and provide her with the platform and it just makes me sad so I have to follow intermittently).

But, honestly, she’s just a never ending circle of entitlement. If you’re spending 94% of your income (presumably aside from the special side board purchasing income) then don’t get a bloody expensive dog. The rest of us have to think about these things. I haven’t been able to get a dog despite wanting to for 10 years (and knowing it would massively benefit my mental and physical health) because I’m an adult who realises they cost a lot of money, rented accommodation is impermanent and, even in a utopia where I could get a landlord to agree, I may be forced to move.

Sell a bleeping sideboard and get a real job. If you’re going to complain about freelancing making you impoverished at least quarterly for your entire adult life it’s clearly not working for you. Some people need to be PAYE earners because they just don’t have the discipline to sort of their self assessments and TAXES (which I presume are still unpaid because it’s Groundhog Day), save for a rainy day (or when work is quiet) and not waste every cheque they get. But, of course, idiotic squiggles will always pay for crappy beige postcards that they’ll never see purely due to pity. Get some self-respect Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Lozza has been tagged overnight, can’t stand the bloke but it would add to the growing discontent if he reads it, and amplifies the thread to his followers, it’s not going away…

A2B9600C-AEB8-42EA-8B9A-42ADD9B4C611.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Amongst all the grifting revelations, arguing and deflections, these tweets are so funny to me
Screenshot_20220802-082641_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 79
At this point I don't really care who takes her down.

Obviously The Guardian isn't going to touch one of their own, but when someone runs with this her only recourse will be to sue them which she seems to enjoy. But this time she can't exactly do that because Molly's thread is quoting Jack herself. She appears to be in a bit of a pickle of her own making.
40f80e91-07ae-43d3-a412-f5030aebf858_text.gif

Chapeau, Molly. Chapeau!

I wonder how Jack will try to bury this once she wakes up this afternoon. Favourite Opal Fruit?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.