Jack Monroe #347 Nationalise Patreon!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm just amazed the arthritis has cleared up enough to carry a bag and a massive dog , some days better than others eh ?

• Haha
Reactions: 70
Sorry 2 pages behind / poss days behind the Vardy libel case, but even ch4 news have said this has been a disaster for Vardy who was deemed an unreliable witness, they’ve said a “high degree of self deception” and that she clearly didn’t understand the full implications of everything, plus the fact she brought it all on herself! Pls Jack bring some more legal action cos it’d be better than this tbh!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Do dogs even want lifted up in general?
Puppies do if they are nervous and used to being picked up, it can be a slippery slope though and ours used to let us know she was nervous about something by indicating she wanted to be picked up, it was hard but we resisted otherwise you can forge an unhealthy habit.

That said I had to pick her up yesterday (and now she weighs 30kg!) Because some moron hadn't secured their aggressive french bulldog and I wasn't having it bite her so I ended up doing some bizarre spontaneous fitness challenge where I had to hold up a large dog whilst dodging another that took an age to be captured.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Just pulled up Jack's twitter feed saw this, and had the nightmarish impression she's still walking to the bloody vets. Send brainos.
View attachment 1456816
Poor Content is an absolutely gorgeous dog btw :(
Who ever said she had her teeth whitened?
I hate to disagrew with you but in that pic with the dog shes either been eating black jacks or her tooth is bad. Its black!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Who ever said she had her teeth whitened?
I hate to disagrew with you but in that pic with the dog shes either been eating black jacks or her tooth is bad. Its black!
Her teeth used to be bright yellow and smoke stained, on her pictures from last year they were no where near that white. Could be facetune tho, who knowsv

Can't wait, pot noodle sandwich...

Attachments

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Well Fraus it’s been 16 hours and I’m still stuck in a full body cringe at the thought of Jacks GMB appearance and subsequent tweets.

will I ever be normal again?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Not really. They shouldn't do. If they get scared you should, if you can, let them sit and reassure them until they are ok to walk on. I do carry one my tiny ones if they need to be. Cos they are smaller than the average sized cat and people think they are fair game for a cuddle without asking which frightens her. So I do lift her.

I'm 5ft 2 but well built <ahem> and very used to lifting and handling through my jobs. There is NO WAY I could carry my 14kg dog for much more than 50 yards or so. Whether she wanted it or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Is it just me or does her hair look fried in the selfies? On the telly it looked very shiny and healthy which I put down to a professional blow dry, by afternoon it’s like it was bleached then had brown put over. Maybe it’s the sea air but it looks crunchy unlike her food

• Haha
Reactions: 39
What on earth was that GMB appearance? I know they have opposing views but she could of at least been professional and respectful. Also what was wrong with a slice of toast for breakfast? Unless you’ve just finished a night shift and it’s actually your dinner who can tuck into a fish finger sandwich at 6 o’clock in the morning?
I think that breakfast was a hangover meal.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
Well Fraus it’s been 16 hours and I’m still stuck in a full body cringe at the thought of Jacks GMB appearance and subsequent tweets.

will I ever be normal again?
It's been sixteen hours and 15 mins
Since you went on live TV
You tweet every night and sleep all day
And claim you get zero pay
Since you been on you think you can do whatever you want
Tweet abuse at whomever you choose

Sorry moldy-w, I read the first line of your post like the song and was ✨inspired✨ to write a verse

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58

I wonder which side Jack will go on this.
Football fan and avid lioness supporter happy that the workers of Iceland actually get off for a nice treat?
Asking questions such as if they were due to work do they still get paid?
What about the povs who can only get to the shop on a Sunday evening?

Reactions: 29
Not really, and she isn't holding poor Content correctly. Her hand should be on Content's chest between her front legs with the rest of her body securely between Jack's arm and torso. Jack's other hand (if she wasn't taking a bleeping selfie) should be holding Content's rear end. Content should also be facing forward.

The carry position she has Content in is an accident waiting to happen. Dogs, especially puppies, are notoriously squirmy, and holding her like a sack of veg flung over her shoulders is ridiculous and possibly dangerous.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
No updates as yet. She has a year to start action then she's out of time, so time will tell.
Ta, Jenny. I'm sure it has been discussed a lot, but these threads move so fast I was afraid I'd missed something. It'll be interesting for sure to see what happens. Don't think Lee Anderson'll be losing much sleep over it though ...

Reactions: 22
Is it just me or does her hair look fried in the selfies? On the telly it looked very shiny and healthy which I put down to a professional blow dry, by afternoon it’s like it was bleached then had brown put over. Maybe it’s the sea air but it looks crunchy unlike her food
Well, she plaited it 🙄. And I think she has hair with a natural curl? So I guess that plus hot weather today might make it look a bit frizzy. She's got a lovely head of thick hair. I don't know why she fucks around with it. I've got bum fluff head. So mine looks gorgeous until I open my front door and the slightest puff of air hits it 😂.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Would a dog of Contents age/breed weigh 13kg already?

She's never carried her there and back anyway. I bet she's only picked her up for the photo.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.