Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hellosailor⚓

Edit: I've tried to spoiler this but I can't seem to do it today! Sorry everyone!

I've posted about my own history and how I always suspected Jack was a fraud but I not about how I found Tattle.

Soooo, in March or April I tweeted something about poverty influencers upholding the status quo. I didn't mention Jack (never followed her) but someone in a comment did and Jack appeared! Fraus, I was agog! She demanded I delete the tweet and said she'd sue. Lots of her followers jumped on, including Anna Subrey (!!!) who said something like I was rotten to suggest Jack shouldn't be paid (I said no such thing). Jack commented again about how "your lot" have been gloating about her misfortune for months, and I was like "eh?!" but now I get it. Someone posted a while ago about her habit of using "your lot" and how it could be badly misconstrued.

Anyway, I replied that I stood by what I said but I'm sorry to hear she's back on the banana skins (I'd looked at her profile and that very morning she'd been tweeting shite about going to bed hungry and eating grilled banana skins). She blocked me but her nasty squigs kept commenting. There was another blue tick too, but I can't remember who 😣.

All this and I never once mentioned her name. One of her horrible squigs did a search of my twitter (I've no idea how to do that) and reported to Jack that I'd made no previous mentions of her or name or 'bootstrap cook'). I was freaked out and deleted my whole twitter account, which I regret as I do use it for connections in my campaigning and activism work.

I googled "is Jack Monroe poor?" or something and found my answer, and so much more!

This all kicked off at about 8am if I remember. I was BUSY and every time I checked my notifications there was more nonsense. My Twitter account was gone by about midday.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 140

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Husband walks into lounge: What are you up to?
Me: Talking to people online about Richard iii
Him: Oh...makes a change from Jack Monroe I suppose
😁
I can't tell him the Fraus are one and the same.

Back on topic, that GMB clip is Terrible.
The comparison between her and the energy company guy is mortifying. How can she not see it?!
Our morning discussion (bear in mind Mrs T is being an absolute hero and doing summer school).

Me: huffing and puffing with my phone (trying to get ITV hub to work on my shitty old SE).

Mrs T: what the f is up?

Me: can I borrow your phone?

Mrs T: (very suspiciously) why?

Me: I just need to check the weather on your weather app.

Mrs T: eyebrows through the roof, hands it over.

Me: unable to login to ITV hub on her phone starts huffing again.

Mrs T: what’s up now?

Me: can you just log me in to ITV hub, I need to check the weather.

Mrs T: if this is ab-

Me: it isn’t, I promise. It is about the weather.

Mrs T : logs me in to the hub. The nasal whine comes out of the phone. Steam comes out of her ears.

Me: I just wanted to see how bad she was coming across.

Mrs T: you are obsessed. You are obsessed with her. You are actually unhinged. Leave her be.

Me- but she lies. She takes money fr-

Mrs T -takes her phone and gets up to teach children fun stuff who need help and food during the summer holidays.

(I am ashamed)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 130

Soapy Dolphin

VIP Member
Outing myself here but the flippant suicide references are too much. I’ve attempted suicide twice in the last 25 years. The first was a very close call, spent a week in CCU and was traumatised for years after the experience. Don’t take an overdose, kids! You have no idea what the outcome will be and it can be tragic in ways you could never imagine. Only one other person knows about this – it’s traumatic and I’m ashamed. Jack uses suicide as a shield and a trump card that she slaps on the table when needed. You can’t criticise me because...gotcha!

No. No. No.
If mods think this is too much then please remove.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 118

Lucy Aeroplane

VIP Member
On the topic of posters (or not) here, is it just me who suspects that sometimes Jack comes into this thread incognito? When a brand new member shows up, knows all the in-stuff, is vitriolic about Jack then almost immediately disappears after a couple of posts, I sometimes wonder if it’s actually her being odd and masochistic.

I wouldn’t put it, or much else for that matter, past her.
For me, my infrequent posting is partly because I have an actual real life unlike our protagonist, and mainly catch up and/or make the odd post in the evenings when the kids are down, or if I’m off work. And partly because I do have actual dx ASD unlike Jack, so with multiple kids, a job, and some friends, my capacity for online social/chat stuff is usually exceeded before I’ve even had my dinner, and I don’t do online stuff often. But I lurked here for quite a few weeks before posting (youngest was cutting some especially horrible teeth at the time so I was awake A LOT in the night, had to have something to read in the dark!), hence picking up the references and language long-time posters use.

I knew Jack was shit, we grew up in the same town although I grew up in an actually-shitty bit of it, so I already knew she lies about lots of things; and I knew she lied about having been sooooo poor that she and her child were freezing cold and starving. I also knew she was just plain old unlikeable, because none of my crowd liked her and nor did I. What I didn’t realise before I spent some time here is that she lies about ridiculous things that there’s no point even lying about, which astonishes me (and is a character trait I haven’t come across since I was about 22 and hung out briefly with another young woman who did exactly the same - we ditched her after a few months, although I do sometimes get pangs of guilt because maybe we could have helped her get MH support instead of going “holy f* she’s off her head, let’s have no more to do with her”). And I didn’t realise the sheer depths of Jack’s unlikeability.

It’s quite something to pop in to say “OMG yes she’s awful, and I’m so glad other people know about it, hurray that you exist” but still be a bit baffled as to quite why people care so much … and then to catch up with it all, and realise that the reason you guys all care is because it’s frankly shocking that someone so shit is a) platformed b) not deplatformed c) worshipped (???!!!!!) and d) for some reason in 2022 getting wheeled out as a spokesperson despite having no measurable expertise and having only a provably bullshit origin story.
AND all the rest. It’s amazing and I now totally get why people care.

Sorry, I think I got a bit off track there. I was mainly saying: basically, I reckon people like me lurk for a while before posting, and then real life gets in the way and it’s a while before we post again. I don’t think any of us are Jack. We’re generally a bit funnier (I hope!) and talk less shite. And we also know what we’re talking about, which precludes the possibility of being Jack at all tbh.

Going to bed now as I am EXHAUSTED but am curious re others’ speculations as to motives of posters who dip in and out. Will probably check back at 3am or something because some more bastard teeth have started to push through in the last 24h. Nature is really bloody cruel. Night night mithering ninnies.

• Heart
Reactions: 99

Falkor

VIP Member
Thread title by @HotesTilaire nominated by @hydeist - congratulations, your prize is the world's smallest flat, I hope you'll be very happy there together.

In the previous thread Jack appeared on GMB to talk about the cost of living increases, took Content to the vet (again), said that she was downsizing to a small flat, stated and then deleted her intention to let SB take on her Twitter account admin for the summer and probably some other stuff that I've forgotten about because it's been a fairly bonkers 24 hours even for Jack.

New people to the thread, the Wiki is the pink button up top, and please use the words 'thread title' when you're nominating one.

Carry on!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 96

Dobbythehouseelf

All this suicide stuff is very difficult for me, and imagine many others. There have been suicides in my family, and I have come perilously close myself. I haven't spoken to anyone about it, not a soul other than randoms on the internet just now.

How can she throw it into conversation knowing she has irl friends following her, she has even said her own sons teachers follow her on twitter! I would find it deeply upsetting to hear a friend was suicidal via a tweet and also quite confusing.

• Heart
Reactions: 95