Jack Monroe #347 Nationalise Patreon!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to take my animals to the vet in a shopping trolley, you know. As they got older/heavier/I dislocated my shoulder, I might have liberated a Sainsbury's shopping cart for the purpose you lift as you reach the magnetic boundary strip and then returned it around Nightmeat Time. Kept them off the ground and my shoulder in one piece.

Wouldn't it have been handy if she'd had either of those options or two parents nearby with vehicles instead of a mere photo opportunity and a way of trying to force the kid to contact her because she was hinting that the dog was ill?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
I'm going to try and stay patient here and not go in to a frothing rant but. I posted here a couple of weeks ago about how my doggo's dinners had gone up by more than 50% since January (6 pack medium adult dog food in jelly £2.20 in jan now £4.25). Thats only half his tea, he has a couple of handfuls of kibble a day mixed in. Plus about 4 gravy bones a day, and a dental chew for his teeth. Plus his monthly well pet club dd at the vets which covers his worming and flea stuff, vaccines and two checks a year, plus teeth cleaning every 2 years. £45 to get him groomed every 3 months. 3 medical emergencies outside of that (he's 5), one surgery for stitches after an accident and 2 allergic reactions to insect bites. He has easily cost us £5k plus, and he didn't cost £100s like dogs do since covid as we got him before that.

Having a dog is an expensive joy, Jack is such an irresponsible 🛎🔚 . If i was as poverty stricken as she claims to be, the last thing i would do is buy and pay for that level of additional responsibility and expense as a new owner.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I used to take my animals to the vet in a shopping trolley, you know. As they got older/heavier/I dislocated my shoulder, I might have liberated a Sainsbury's shopping cart for the purpose you lift as you reach the magnetic boundary strip and then returned it around Nightmeat Time. Kept them off the ground and my shoulder in one piece.

Wouldn't it have been handy if she'd had either of those options or two parents nearby with vehicles instead of a mere photo opportunity and a way of trying to force the kid to contact her because she was hinting that the dog was ill?
There is some Glaswegian “influencer” with a thread on here who has a shopping basket that she nicked and keeps upstairs for moving stuff around.

I don’t think she has any intention of returning it though.

(Friends with Mario- spine bright and you too might get your own basket 💎)

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I knowwwww I shouldn’t be sad for her, because she brings on her loneliness herself by being deeply unlikeable, but some pathetic little bleeding-heart bit of me does think it’s sad that a woman her age doesn’t have a good friend.
I had this same thought earlier. Someone here mentioned avo toast and brunch with the girls, and I just thought gosh, Jack really doesn’t have a group of girlfriends that she does that with, does she? It made me sad. Not because everyone has to love brunch but just because she seems to have a gaping hole that for lots of other people is filled by friends. Not Twitter friends.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Just pulled up Jack's twitter feed saw this, and had the nightmarish impression she's still walking to the bloody vets. Send brainos.
1659130176164.png

Poor Content is an absolutely gorgeous dog btw :(

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Husband walks into lounge: What are you up to?
Me: Talking to people online about Richard iii
Him: Oh...makes a change from Jack Monroe I suppose
😁
I can't tell him the Fraus are one and the same.

Back on topic, that GMB clip is Terrible.
The comparison between her and the energy company guy is mortifying. How can she not see it?!
have you seen the upcoming film about it all (finding Richard iii, not MsMonroe on GMB)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Awwww. God love him. He would be so cute if he wasn't a complete woman hater, set the gay male cause back about 40 years and didn't associated with dubious (to say the least) people. Can we keep him in a cage?
Looking a bit haggard tbh

wft lads, just seen TD’s screenshot - not normally so blatant with the subtweeting - are we having a chaos?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Jack carrying the dog back from the vet's in the dusk, schlumping along, a fixed grin on her face. "Let's take a picture, Content, I'll filter it. Which filter do you want, Content? Aren't we having fun? Ooh, my grin, ooh, my shoulder." Passers-by glance after her nervously

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Lord help us. Rishi and Liz and Andy from the GMB debate must be quaking in their boots. She will probably claim credit for something.

and the comment earlier about “he didn’t have to do that” about Andy pointing out resources etc.,,,, I actually think he did have to do that as it is probably within his job description to do that.
He pointed out resources that she didn't even know about, and then she decided to keep them to herself. Great activist, much help 😂

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 63
Do dogs even want lifted up in general?
That's a really good point. The only dog I've ever owned weighed 57 kgs so I never picked him up, haha. I can't imagine an active dog like hers would care for being carried about.
I doubt she carried her the whole way, Jack lies about everything so I'm just assuming she's lying about carrying the dog too.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Today I saw a large man very gently scoop up a huge elderly Irish wolfhound out of the back of his car and carry it to the gates of the park then set it down so it could enjoy the grass. Its face was so happy and trust
ing. Dogs are brilliant

• Heart
Reactions: 63
That's a really good point. The only dog I've ever owned weighed 57 kgs so I never picked him up, haha. I can't imagine an active dog like hers would care for being carried about.
I doubt she carried her the whole way, Jack lies about everything so I'm just assuming she's lying about carrying the dog too.
Tunnel dog weighs less than Laurie and there is no way
a) I could carry her a mile
b) she would let me carry her a mile

Also… she is fine to carry Laurie a mile to and from the vets but she is physically incapable of walking 1.3 miles to a Lidl/Aldi?

All lies.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 77
have you seen the upcoming film about it all (finding Richard iii, not MsMonroe on GMB)
No!
Just Googled and its out in October. Thanks Groovy!

Eta Sally Hawkins as Phillipa Langley. I can kind of see it working in a weird way.
Steve Coogan too.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I know I must repeat this every single thread, but A SINGLE MUM IS A MUM ON HER OWN WITH NO FATHER IN THE PICTURE AT ALL OR EXTENDED FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO HELP. A SINGLE MUM IS SOLO. I beg someone take her to Middlesbrough and show her what an actual single mum in poverty looks like. Oh its infuriating :mad: lol she's changed her bio to "ex foodbank user"

0 pounds in her bank but she's had her teeth professionally whitened. Not cheap either.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I know I must repeat this every single thread, but A SINGLE MUM IS A MUM ON HER OWN WITH NO FATHER IN THE PICTURE AT ALL OR EXTENDED FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO HELP. A SINGLE MUM IS SOLO. I beg someone take her to Middlesbrough and show her what an actual single mum in poverty looks like. Oh its infuriating :mad: lol she's changed her bio to "ex foodbank user"
I’d put her on the transporter bridge and carry her into the middle so she couldn’t get off.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.