Jack Monroe #343 A heavy dose of chickpea and loathing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is still confusing though. Say Parallel Universe Jack creates an 'index to document the inflation in the prices of basic necessities' (because the one in this universe will never),
1. Is this information not currently available?
2. Inflation in prices is subject to change, so the index will never be finished. Literally, it'll be NEVER COMPLETED IT, MATE.
3. How is this info meant to help in a practical sense? If you say, for example, ''Look, house prices in this area have risen by --% since 2008'' that's just sharing a statistic. It's not a proposed solution to the problem of rising house prices.

Am I being dense? I just don't understand the point.
You are not being dense...

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Glaswegian fraus, can we blame Jack's visit and influence for the Chip going full metal chain, in restaurant parlance?
For the non-locals, a well-established fancy West End restaurant in Glasgow which is one of three differently-named/themed hostelries owned by a local family (microchain?) has been bought by a national pub macrochain.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Hey ninnies! I have been here since around DKL, and had a brief period recently in the posting sun under the alias SquattyPotty. I deleted my account because I just couldn't anymore with Jack's antics, but I carried on lurking 😏

I had to delurk again to offer this absolute banger in response to @StatusWoe 's post in the last thread about nursery 🤣 While it 9s conceptually v relevant to Jack, unfortunately it falls down when it comes to details as Jack does not yet eat solid food, and doesn't go to work every day to make some 'dollar bills".

Also, I know you aren't really allowed to talk about walruses anymore, but wtf, if not a chunk of walrus does she have on the pan in the back of this pic???

View attachment 1432082
It’s the magic slop pot. When she says “cook slop pot, cook” it magically makes chickpea curry. But she forgot to say “stop slop pot” and now it’s going to cover the entire land of Thorpe Bay.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Queen of promoting healthy coping strategies and teaching people to let go right there.
I'm quite honestly speechless. Jack is an adult and ultimately responsible for her own behaviour but the people encouraging this aren't exactly helping.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
1658338780843.png

Troll!
Or is it harassment, gaslighting, outright lies, smear campaign, bullying or just hoping they stop breathing? Oh no, I forgot that only applies to you.

I wonder where we feature on Jack Monroe’s hit list for harassment? Will she “do us” before the VBI? Too many questions about a self deluded, useless tosser.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Won’t lie I’m extremely into this chaotic energy from Carole.

Is she actually a master troll working to prod Jack into ever more deranged vengeance, ultimately ousting her from the publishers’ roster and public life?? Or is she just a really out of touch middle class middle aged lady with absolutely no place being a therapist? Either way, I love it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Glaswegian fraus, can we blame Jack's visit and influence for the Chip going full metal chain, in restaurant parlance?
For the non-locals, a well-established fancy West End restaurant in Glasgow which is one of three differently-named/themed hostelries owned by a local family (microchain?) has been bought by a national pub macrochain.
Definitely her fault.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
To go back to something at the end of the previous thread, can any knowledable fraus please explain what does the On a Bootstrap company being struck off mean in real terms for Jack? Are there consequences or can she shrug it off?

Reactions: 30
Won’t lie I’m extremely into this chaotic energy from Carole.

Is she actually a master troll working to prod Jack into ever more deranged vengeance, ultimately ousting her from the publishers’ roster and public life?? Or is she just a really out of touch middle class middle aged lady with absolutely no place being a therapist? Either way, I love it.
*Immediately writes a four act play about a dodgy therapist who actively tries to destroy her clients lives to keep herself in work*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
To go back to something at the end of the previous thread, can any knowledable fraus please explain what does the On a Bootstrap company being struck off mean in real terms for Jack? Are there consequences or can she shrug it off?
Depends whether papers, tv etc are happy to pay a sole trader, or insist on Ltd only. In IT you cannot operate as a sole trader. nobody will employ you on that basis.

Reactions: 23
My husband is an insolvency Herr 🔺 and I’ve asked him to take a deep dive on the whole tax thing and prepare a report with chronological timeline complete with explanations that even a ninny would understand. He’s just ONE MAN and he’s TIRED so I’ll have it for you within the year.
True story, the first thing he sent me on beginning his investigation was a link to thread 220!

ETA I hadn’t mentioned tattle at all

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 117
Depends whether papers, tv etc are happy to pay a sole trader, or insist on Ltd only. In IT you cannot operate as a sole trader. nobody will employ you on that basis.
Why would it matter to an employer that someone is a sole trader or a limited company? It’s just a different way of reporting (and taxing) income earned. Both are sole traders really!

Reactions: 15
Why would it matter to an employer that someone is a sole trader or a limited company? It’s just a different way of reporting (and taxing) income earned. Both are sole traders really!
By sole trader you are talking about the place where one would buy shoes?

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I mentioned in the previous thread that it's possible she was both the director of the company that was struck off and a sole trader. The company may have been set up but never actually used to report income. That might explain why she never bothered to keep the information up to date.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.