Jack Monroe #343 A heavy dose of chickpea and loathing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When Jack says she’s already sent a book to two out of three of her nemeses Borbora, Piotr & Gennyfur, does she mean she’s sent two of them one of her other books, or she’s sent them a draft copy of the current book? Either way it’s psychopath behaviour, but if she has already sent them a spite book in the past but is *still* harping on at them by dedicating the new book to them, then she is genuinely unhinged. Justice for Borb.

• Haha
Reactions: 69
I reckon she set up the LTD company as heard it was more tax efficient.. but perhaps didn’t realise that would mean her income would be a public record.

1658341098737.png

Reactions: 33
View attachment 1432272

Troll!
Or is it harassment, gaslighting, outright lies, smear campaign, bullying or just hoping they stop breathing? Oh no, I forgot that only applies to you.

I wonder where we feature on Jack Monroe’s hit list for harassment? Will she “do us” before the VBI? Too many questions about a self deluded, useless tosser.
How does telling Jack something is 'not my bleeping problem' equate to the same thing as the never amounting to anything/flipping burgers comments? Or is it just a duck you to Harold?

Also Carole needs an intervention.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Borbora, Gennyfer and PETA (see what I did there) are the funniest things I’ve read about all day. Well done canal, you funny f*ckers

• Haha
Reactions: 40
When Jack says she’s already sent a book to two out of three of her nemeses Borbora, Piotr & Gennyfur, does she mean she’s sent two of them one of her other books, or she’s sent them a draft copy of the current book? Either way it’s psychopath behaviour, but if she has already sent them a spite book in the past but is *still* harping on at them by dedicating the new book to them, then she is genuinely unhinged. Justice for Borb.
Given the number of unsold copies she was left with, I wouldn't be surprised if at this point Jack has sent a copy of Good Food for Bad Days to Pete, Jen, & Borbs, her brother, Edwina Currie, Michael Portillo, Katie Hopkins, the Burberry shop assistant who didn't want to serve her, the woman on the train who thought Cath Kidston was white trash, all four ex-fiancées, her stalker, Richard Littlejohn, Kelvin McKenzie...

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Given the number of unsold copies she was left with, I wouldn't be surprised if at this point Jack has sent a copy of Good Food for Bad Days to Pete, Jen, & Borbs, her brother, Edwina Currie, Michael Portillo, Katie Hopkins, the Burberry shop assistant who didn't want to serve her, the woman on the train who thought Cath Kidston was white trash, all four ex-fiancées, her stalker, Richard Littlejohn, Kelvin McKenzie...
I'd die laughing if she sent one to Lee Anderson and he cited it as evidence that people in this country have forgotten how to cook. You'd be able to see the Jacksplosion from Mars.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Maybe eventually we’ll all get a copy, like the jubilee book they gave to every primary aged child in the U.K.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
I'd die laughing if she sent one to Lee Anderson and he cited it as evidence that people in this country have forgotten how to cook. You'd be able to see the Jacksplosion from Mars.
I want to do this now.

(No need to worry, Poca, I'm far too lazy and forgetful to actually do this.)

• Haha
So by Jack’s standard of spiting those when she’d ‘made it’, I’d have sent Mr Peach, Mrs Harkness and Mrs Laidlaw in order: a milk bottle, newspaper, microphone, pack of mince, storefront and finally a thank you for putting up and educating the teenage me.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
She hasn’t sent any copies to anyone of course, it’s all bullcrap. Never forget that Jack Monroe of Twitter is a character, IRL she wouldn’t dare.

But Fraus I am still trying to get my head around the Jimmy McGill style conman enormity of lying to the NEW YORK TIMES, that multi-Pulitzer prize winning newspaper of record, about sleeping rough for two years. Sleeping rough means the same in the US as it does here. By any standards, that is a shocking whopper. Why did she say that? Wasn’t she terrified of being found out? What did her friends and family think when they saw it?

that is some real brass balls, smh

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 56
She is very odd and she has a really unhealthy relationship with her past and the people that wronged her. Why doesn't she just move passed it all and start her life they do say life begins at40 34. Why doesn't she her life better instead of resenting old foes.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
She is very odd and she has a really unhealthy relationship with her past and the people that wronged her. Why doesn't she just move passed it all and start her life they do say life begins at40 34. Why doesn't she her life better instead of resenting old foes.
Because she doesn’t believe she needs to improve in any way. She thinks she’s already perfect and therefore any problems are caused by other people. You can tell this by the way she’s put zero effort into improving her cooking, writing or presenting skills over the years.

Reactions: 31
It's insane, It's like eating her own slop and expecting her enemies to suffer a violent loosening of the bowels.

• Haha
Won’t lie I’m extremely into this chaotic energy from Carole.

Is she actually a master troll working to prod Jack into ever more deranged vengeance, ultimately ousting her from the publishers’ roster and public life?? Or is she just a really out of touch middle class middle aged lady with absolutely no place being a therapist? Either way, I love it.
Carole’s Energy kind of gives me these vibes.

Carole is chatting to another client in her role as either therapist or publisher, and sees the latest missives from Jack.
BB5E770D-50F0-49F2-B5CA-A684641B1B90.gif

And then instead of ignoring it, or dealing with it professionally (y’know, in her capacity as professional publisher/therapist), instead publicly sends the equivalent of this to Jack
04271237-A695-4463-8C5D-88BC3CAC0160.gif

And
A3AF93A3-C899-40ED-9A77-D26C2D7F86CD.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
oh no sorry, I understand that bit. It’s what Jack’s trying to do I don’t understand.
She's attempting to prove that people on lower incomes are disproportionately affected by inflation. Which is true, but Jack doesn't have the skills or knowledge to analyse it correctly. In any case, the ONS had already started work on this line of research in November (2 or 3 months before Jack came up with the VBI.

Reactions: 36
I love the idea that Carole has been egging Jack on in her performative spite for years. Imagine telling your therapist that you've had an argument with your landlord, and she replies, "Why not leave bags of tit all over the house? It's a healthy coping mechanism!"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 78
She hasn’t sent any copies to anyone of course, it’s all bullcrap. Never forget that Jack Monroe of Twitter is a character, IRL she wouldn’t dare.

But Fraus I am still trying to get my head around the Jimmy McGill style conman enormity of lying to the NEW YORK TIMES, that multi-Pulitzer prize winning newspaper of record, about sleeping rough for two years. Sleeping rough means the same in the US as it does here. By any standards, that is a shocking whopper. Why did she say that? Wasn’t she terrified of being found out? What did her friends and family think when they saw it?

I had seen the whopper that she ‘slept rough’ before, and that it was mentioned in a US paper. I gave Jack the benefit of the doubt at the time, as I assumed something was lost in translation and the journalist had simply mistakenly thought she had been homeless. But no, it was a direct quote. Straight from her filler-enhanced gob. I honestly think the lies are a symptom of a mental illness because she makes up so many crazy ones like working in a brothel that it’s almost like she can’t help it at this point.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 49

People have explained why Jack's parents might not correct her BS, but it makes zero sense to me that no one else in her life says anything. I don't understand how she regularly comes out with such audacious (in the negative sense) stories but nobody thinks to correct her. I suppose her current friends want to avoid arguments, and perhaps the other people in JM's life just don't care enough (which is quite telling in itself!). I can't believe the way she constantly makes ridiculous claims that are printed in reputable newspapers, yet gets away without any repercussions.

Reactions: 30
At least she prob saved on the cost of postage for Kelvin McKenzie’s copy, and just threw it at him…

#ThriftyTipsForLyingTwats

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I had seen the whopper that she ‘slept rough’ before, and that it was mentioned in a US paper. I gave Jack the benefit of the doubt at the time, as I assumed something was lost in translation and the journalist had simply mistakenly thought she had been homeless. But no, it was a direct quote. Straight from her filler-enhanced gob. I honestly think the lies are a symptom of a mental illness because she makes up so many crazy ones like working in a brothel that it’s almost like she can’t help it at this point.
I think she is eager to impress and gets carried away, so if the journalist didn't appear that moved by The Poverty she'd think nothing of chucking in a new detail like sleeping rough to spice the story up.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.