Jack Monroe #343 A heavy dose of chickpea and loathing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Will I ever learn not to click links about Jack involving anything. But particularly, TV, radio, poetry, piano playing or singing.

Reactions: 37
I think she is eager to impress and gets carried away, so if the journalist didn't appear that moved by The Poverty she'd think nothing of chucking in a new detail like sleeping rough to spice the story up.
This is how I see it too. I think she makes a loose attempt to not regurgitate the same story over and over again so adds a bit on every time she tells it to spice it up.

Reactions: 36
They might have put it in a SSAS - if you have your own limited company, the company sets up a SSAS (small self-administered scheme) pension scheme for its directors, payments are made into it to take advantage of the tax breaks on pension contributions or directors can transfer other pensions they already have into it to seed it with cash, the SSAS then buys the building and rents it to the company, rents go back into the SSAS and are added to the directors' pension pots under the same favourable tax regime. All completely legal and the SSAS can even take on a mortgage to buy it, within certain limits.
Also I just checked the disqualifications list on Companies House, she hasn't been disqualified, she could start another limited company tomorrow if she wanted.

Reactions: 42
Will I ever learn not to click links about Jack involving anything. But particularly, TV, radio, poetry, piano playing or singing.
I managed to resist the temptation to click on that link but it's only after repeatedly clicking, cringing and regretting in the past

Reactions: 23
Thanks for the explanation - I had to read it 4 times before it registered lol, think I get it now (sort of haha). This is why I only did accounts to trial balance!

I was thinking that, too - bet she comes back with something new at some point. Would love to know what the (alleged) meeting with her (alleged) accountant entailed! I'm nosey like that though.

Thankspaceyou Marmalade Atkins for the new avatar - there was far too much choice, I hope you don't mind me borrowing this one!

Reactions: 28
I think if the last few years has taught us anything, it's that Jack is waaaaay too stupid to have a Ltd company. You'd get better results putting a pigeon in charge.

Reactions: 49

An oldish tweet and not from one of the usual suspects. You'll be amazed to learn, no correction came.

Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.