Jack Monroe #341 The numbers on the key are upside down

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imagine hot bean scent wafting around your house when it's 35 degrees.

Speaking of cooling foods, ninnies, Carte D'Or is on Tesco Clubcard at the moment. I will be mainlining the strawberry one with cherries and dark chocolate chips until further notice.

View attachment 1426861

ETA This sounds like absolute death but sure Jack.
JFC how many dried mushrooms does one person need? She's never done drying them yet never are they mentioned as an ingredient in anything she makes.

If I didn't know any better I'd think she was lying!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Remember when Jack said you could 'cook' Smart Price frozen fish by covering it with the juice from a tin of pineapple rings and sticking it in the fridge. lols.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 57
NO ONE ASKED
Urgh she is ruining my enjoyment of almost Cyprus style heat by suggesting her vile depressipies.
Call me Mystic Hotes again! I invested £1.50 in a box of 20 mr freezes and I’m going to see how many I can eat in one day (so far-4)
ETA. #filter #enhance tool
The wrappers have little facts about the wildlife we’re killing by eating ice from plastic wrappers
4326F7F8-182D-4787-9A1F-97E916FA22EC.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Imagine hot bean scent wafting around your house when it's 35 degrees.

Speaking of cooling foods, ninnies, Carte D'Or is on Tesco Clubcard at the moment. I will be mainlining the strawberry one with cherries and dark chocolate chips until further notice.

View attachment 1426861

ETA This sounds like absolute death but sure Jack.
PSA for any ninnies wanting to try the orange sugar - go go go get your peels (0p) out on the patio!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Why in the name of feck would someone blend chickpeas with mayo to make "stretchy hummus" :sick: ?

Have I entered a parallel universe where ready made hummus is not widely and cheaply available?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Maybe I’m too naive/blasé about it but I really don’t give a crap if Tesco know I pop in every week for milk. We’re being tracked pretty much everywhere and if it saves me some money then 🤷🏻‍♀️
Jack makes out like Tesco are data mining every single bit of her life without realising that: A) she owns a load of Apple products that probably track EVERYTHING and B) she bleeping Tweet's every single thought, no matter how fleeting, that comes into her head.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
NO ONE ASKED
Urgh she is ruining my enjoyment of almost Cyprus style heat by suggesting her vile depressipies.
Call me Mystic Hotes again! I invested £1.50 in a box of 20 mr freezes and I’m going to see how many I can eat in one day (so far-4)
My record is 9, which I did other week. I "share" them with my housemate and have had to make several trips to Tesco (collecting my clubcard points - screw you Jack) to replace our stash as I have been powering through!

On topic - my god some of those suggestions for heatwave snacks are grim AF. Peach curry roll, weird prunes, oats, peanut butter concoctions :sick: she must be trolling us surely??

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
I have never understood this logic. It's mad.

We shop in Tesco and Lidl, mainly. I save the Clubcard vouchers and use them at Christmas, which is a massive chunk of money out of our shopping bill at an expensive time of year.

If Jack was canny enough, she could use all those trips to the Tesco Express that she doesn't include in her £20 weekly shops to save up for Christmas like normal people do. Or convert the points to things like meals out/cinema tickets etc. with SB or even money off a hotel for these trips she's supposedly taking him on.

Actually why am I getting into the weeds of this when I could just be enjoying my cheap ice cream. I'm away to the freezer.
Jack can’t be arsed to go to more than one supermarket to shop around. She can only do that when she is making a spite trifle.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Exactly - and you can even use them in places like pizza express which is great for a treat if you’re skint!
True.

Word of advice for what NOT to do: don't exchange them for Hotels.com vouchers. i've been saving my points and exchanged £30 of vouchers for £90 of Hotels.com vouchers, and you have to go through hotels.com/tesco to use them. When you go through using this link, the price is dearer than it is if you go through it without adding the tesco link to the end. It is safe to say i am LIVID. if i'd known they were as sneaky, i'd have exchanged them for pizza express.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
Just sayin the mushrooms might not be off the dinner variety... It may also explain why she thinks her food looks and is amazing.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.