Jack Monroe #341 The numbers on the key are upside down

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All her suggestions are either disgusting (HUMMUS MAYO) or just so stupid they're not worth mentioning (you can eat sticks of raw vegetables as a snack...gosh, can I? I had no idea!).

Also, I thought one of the reasons she loves her slow cooker so much was that it fills the whole house with the scent of warm slop for hours? Why would you want that in a heatwave?
I skimmed past the mayo thing, you can't just blend chickpeas with mayonnaise and call it 'stretchy hummus', WTF 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Ah yes, the famously two-tiered society - one which has access to a club card, and the other who does not.
As we’ve also discussed here, Tesco not only have cc prices, vouchers with money from your points that you save, but they also price match Aldi on lots of stuff 🤷🏻‍♀️ Make it make sense

Reactions: 32
As we’ve also discussed here, Tesco not only have cc prices, vouchers with money from your points that you save, but they also price match Aldi on lots of stuff 🤷🏻‍♀️ Make it make sense
and whilst i know you have to collect quite a few points to get vouchers, you can get 3x the value of your vouchers which you can use for a day out, which might be helpful for families.

Reactions: 27
Ah yes, the famously two-tiered society - one which has access to a club card, and the other who does not.
Maybe I’m too naive/blasé about it but I really don’t give a crap if Tesco know I pop in every week for milk. We’re being tracked pretty much everywhere and if it saves me some money then 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Afternoon Ninnies! I see Jack has her finger on the pulse as usual. Giving out 'heatwave' food advice, that no one asked for. And anyone in the UK with an ounce of sense LISTENED TO THE HEAT HEALTH ALERT ADVICE LAST WEEK and have already planned food/snacks/meals for the least amount of effort 🙄. They don't need it NOW at 4pm on the hottest day since records began, stupid fucker. And yes, I did work in the heat for 4 hours today. So she can shut her sloppy pie hole.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
and whilst i know you have to collect quite a few points to get vouchers, you can get 3x the value of your vouchers which you can use for a day out, which might be helpful for families.
Exactly - and you can even use them in places like pizza express which is great for a treat if you’re skint!

Reactions: 23
I have never understood this logic. It's mad.

We shop in Tesco and Lidl, mainly. I save the Clubcard vouchers and use them at Christmas, which is a massive chunk of money out of our shopping bill at an expensive time of year.

If Jack was canny enough, she could use all those trips to the Tesco Express that she doesn't include in her £20 weekly shops to save up for Christmas like normal people do. Or convert the points to things like meals out/cinema tickets etc. with SB or even money off a hotel for these trips she's supposedly taking him on.

Actually why am I getting into the weeds of this when I could just be enjoying my cheap ice cream. I'm away to the freezer.

Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.