Jack Monroe #340 Not a professional account

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dear cabal.

I have had to take a step away from Jack recently and, given that this place has been solace during my darkest times, here I return.

Earlier this week, we had our beloved boxer dog put to sleep. She was only 7.

A week and a half ago, she seemed low. Not her usual bouncy, helicopter tailed self. It lasted a few days so we took her to the vet. They couldn’t find any sign of anything wrong - my dog, of course, was all boops and smiles - but decided to take a suite of blood tests later to rule stuff out.

Two days later, we were woken by a clattering sound next door. My dog staggered into our hallway, confused and weak, and dribbling a bit of wee. We ushered her into our bedroom, cradled her while she recovered, and carried her to her favourite spot on the sofa.

Another vet trip, and more bemusement at what was wrong. All the bloods were normal, and we were just waiting for the heart. To rule that out, she was referred to a cardiologist but, in the meantime, we kept her comfy and full of her favourite roast chicken.

These collapses started happening daily. They wiped her out, but when she rallied it was like nothing was wrong. Wowfing with joy when her dad and I snuck a hug; sitting at my feet as I made yet more chicken; running to me with her crocodile ‘teefs’ toy. Friends came over and we presented them with a bag of gifts for their new baby; pup gently reached into the bag and lifted out the stuffed giraffe in her chops. It was for her, right?

Tuesday, cardiologists. She was going to be kept in for a few hours for some scans, an ECG, the works. I kissed her on the head and we headed back home.

Half an hour down the road, we were called back. They’d found something on the scan.

There was a huge mass on her spleen, and there was fluid around her organs. When the fluid was withdrawn for sampling, it was blood. The suspected tumour had ruptured, and was bleeding. Cancer was most likely spreading throughout her body as we spoke.

The vet soberly said we could refer her on for other scans, but she was too weak to travel far. She had that look in her eyes of ‘you know what I’m saying, don’t you’.

We gently got her home. Blanket on the sofa, chicken in the oven. She was snoozing, stirring when we chatted, and very interested when she could smell what was cooking. And we held her paw, and kissed her head, and got a good lungful of popcorn paw.

And at 4.30, we took her to the vet. We explored the fields around there, talked to her, and took her in. She died in my lap, wrapped in her blanket, with her dad and I telling her how good she was and how much we loved her.

Cabal, my heart is broken. I mean, my chest literally hurts. Our house is far too quiet and I don’t know how we’re supposed to live without her (I know we will). We are moving to our first purchased home together in a few weeks and I am devastated that she isn’t with us (I mean, she will be. In a little pot, and in a ring I’ve ordered for myself, and in our hearts). I haven’t cried like this since my Dad died when I was 14.

And I see the tokenistic pictures of Laurie, and I think about Jack ignoring three vets, and I think about the other animals, and I’m furious. Incandescent. Outraged at how unfair it is. Part of pet ownership is putting your pain before theirs; being devoted until the end. They love you unconditionally, and it is the very least you owe them.

I cried when I made tea tonight because she wasn’t by my side waiting for drops. But my pain came before hers; my suffering must prevent any of hers. And that’s just what you do. They are not there for clout, or content. They are family, and you will lay your very heart down for them.
So sorry for your loss - you gave her the best life and also the best end with you both beside her.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Before lockdown I was a ‘model’ at our local college. The manicure week went badly, unset nail varnish which puckered and had to be removed as soon as I got home. Eyebrow shape and tint seemed to be going well until the student called the tutor over, she hadn’t used enough Vaseline which resulted in half my brow being waxed off, wouldn’t have been too bad normally but she dyed them a dark colour. The dye eventually faded and my brow grew back, I chickened out of bikini waxing week. I certainly wouldn’t use a student for a tattoo.
I really admire your bravery and whilst I accept everyone has to learn, there is not a snowballs chance in hell I would let anyone near my eyebrows (apart from my regular beautician).
in the late 90s and early 00s my eyebrows were so thin and they looked like the shape of the McDonalds M. Years of perseverance and luck meant they came back, I wouldn’t take the chance again.
wouldn’t let an apprentice tattooist near me either. I mentioned up thread I had a tattoo of my favourite singer on my arm, an impulsive move after a relationship breakdown. Mercifully, I chose a really good artist. She has a fine art degree and is highly talented so the likeness is 👌🏼
on topic:
Jack’s tattoo is tit and it won’t age well.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Haven't grunked yet so sorry if it's already said but that tattoo doesn't look less than a day old does it? No redness?

Reactions: 20
@Russian Doll and @hiyaaaacath welcome, please get comfortable and tell us what brought you here.
were you previously fans/admirers of Jack, and if so, what was the switch that made you suspicious?
It’s lovely for you both to be commenting. Hope to hear from you soon.
Hiya! Joined a good while ago with a post (full of typos) explaining why https://tattle.life/threads/jack-mo...xes-and-polish-your-spoons.26488/post-8048588

TL DR, thought she was a dodge pot but no one else seemed to see it. Then the wee kitten did it for me. Thankfully Tattle ninnies had all the receipts ❤❤❤👊

• Heart
Reactions: 42
As well as being upside down, you can see where the apprentice started and finished the wobbly circle, next to the 7 where the line is thicker as if it’s been gone over twice.

Why are the numbers so big and spread out? It doesn’t look like a real tag. Didn’t they draw it first to check what it would look like?
I'm starting to wonder if she had it done in biro. Akin to the doodles you gave yourself when the maths teacher was teaching Pythagoras.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
View attachment 1420902
When thinking about the tattoo this sprung to mind. How apt!
It's also the room number where they found the bodies left by the 1980's torso killer of New York. No head or arms. There's a great documentary on Netfix called The Times Square killer.

It was the first hit on Google. I did wonder why she had a tattoo of a murder scene on her arm.

I admit that yesterday I Googled room 147 and saw the TV series. That documentary sent me down a Google rabbit hole looking at pictures and videos of 1980s Times Sq. Gosh it was terrifying.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
If she likes her tattoo, then good for her. I just don't get why an adult needs applause from strangers for getting one. Wow, you went and got a thing you wanted at a bargain price. Yay, I guess?

I have a tattoo from when I was 18. I loved it then and now love it for getting it then, but would not get it now if that makes sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
If she likes her tattoo, then good for her. I just don't get why an adult needs applause from strangers for getting one. Wow, you went and got a thing you wanted at a bargain price. Yay, I guess?

I have a tattoo from when I was 18. I loved it then and now love it for getting it then, but would not get it now if that makes sense.
I know lots of people like that and it's the main reason I have never got one. People change their minds over time and the things that once meant something to them no longer do. My brother has just after about 12 years got his ex wives name covered. 👀

Reactions: 25
I know lots of people like that and it's the main reason I have never got one. People change their minds over time and the things that once meant something to them no longer do. My brother has just after about 12 years got his ex wives name covered. 👀
Oh but I don't regret it. it's more a reminder of being young than really enjoying the tatoo itself but I don't hate it. Having said that, I'd never get one with a name or face (despite all the jokes me and my partner make about it).

• Heart
Reactions: 27
It's also the room number where they found the bodies left by the 1980's torso killer of New York. No head or arms. There's a great documentary on Netfix called The Times Square killer.

It was the first hit on Google. I did wonder why she had a tattoo of a murder scene on her arm.

I admit that yesterday I Googled room 147 and saw the TV series. That documentary sent me down a Google rabbit hole looking at pictures and videos of 1980s Times Sq. Gosh it was terrifying.
Along a similar vein, I assumed it was in reference to room 217/237 (book or film version) in The Shining. Both Jack and Stephen King have form for bringing forth disturbing and macabre stories that make you question reality.

I don't know if the Overlook Hotel has an Orangery though. However, it does have a smashing Maze that might suffice in lieu of a hydrangea?
#foreverhome❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

If I may borrow a snippet there Bladey, with a nod back to supermarket ‘boo’s, suggest 🚨 Thread Title Nomination 🚨New tattoo? Yay, I guess?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Good morning Jack; what perfectly ordinary task are you going to solicit praise for today?

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.