Jack Monroe #340 Not a professional account

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is a tangent as still grunking.

Listening to Off-menu (podcast with Ed Gamble and James Acaster) with Nadiya on it and she is SO lovely. Funny, warm, charming. So different to some other cooks we know!
My fave podcast! The episode with Angela Hartnett is a delight, too.

Nearly 200 episodes and no Smol Pixie? Although I can only imagine the woe is me tirade they'd get when asking 'still or sparkling'.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
It's always a great idea to get a new tattoo when you're deep in the throes of the worst heartbreak you've ever experienced, well done Jack!
Yes to this. I say that from personal experience. At the end of my last relationship during what was a very rocky period for me, I decided to have a tattoo of my favourite musician's face on my inner forearm. At that point i hadn't been tattooed in at least a decade. I would have to say my favourite musician remains as it was when i got the tattoo, but I'm now less keen on having it there. I'm currently contemplating having all of my visible tattoos lasered off.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I realise it's nobody's business how much she paid (although it could be, as it could be Patreon money) BUT she is so bloody rude to her followers! She could have ended that reply at "did it for me", there was no need for the rest. What a witch, I hope that squig is a patreon donor and cancels!
And people only talk to her about money because she’s constantly whinging about being poor! No one asks Nadiyah et al how much her plates or shoes cost because she’s not pretending to be living off of maize snacks and liquidised cucumbers?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I think I must be living in a parallel universe because I honestly don’t understand why the squigs are saying tit like “well done Jack” and “congratulations” to a 44 34 year old woman for having another tit tat🤷‍♀️ I just can’t comprehend why that, even if she was 18 and it was good, deserves adulation…genuine question, seriously can someone help me out 🤯
For the same reason they wet themselves over an alleged cook making biscuits that my two year old grandchild would reject as a bit tit.
It is truly baffling.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
No judgment whatsoever, but I'm surprised that a few fraus find her cool or edgy. She looks to me like a basic try-hard who has no style of her own - this kind of goes hand-in-hand with her lack of understanding/flip-flopping over her own identity.

I think even if I found her physically attractive, knowing what i know about her, it would outweigh any aesthetically pleasing parts.
My type is very much androgynous and I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t think she was attractive when her first book came out (shame it was still a couple of years before I realised what my fascination with androgynous women was 😂). However now I find her repulsive. She doesn’t know who she is and her vile narcissistic ways mean that it doesn’t matter how she wears her hair or what she clothes she wears (lesbian or otherwise) she’ll always be ugly.

Also imagine that nasal twang talking dirty in your ear 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
Just watched the episode of DKL shown on the quoted page. It's most definitely torture watching her on TV! How the hell anyone thinks she should have a show of her own, after witnessing anything she's appeared on, is beyond me - they're bonkers!

That inappropriate laugh is totally cringe-inducing! Do love how she says thanks to Matt when he's talking about his wife's own home made sauce, though, not hers - silly moo! 😄
As for the lasagne - wonder how many times Matt has gone on to make that at home? :unsure: None, you say? :LOL: That sauce was pathetic, it can't have had much impact on the finished dish. She said it would thicken up during cooking but there was no evidence of that, in the very brief close-up we got! 🧐😆 I very much doubt Matt (or anyone for that matter) has gone onto copy her. Good thick sauce is so easy to make, using the all-in-the-pan whisking method, there's no need to substitute it with a runny abomination like hers.

Jack Monroe, not suited for TV.
I recently watched that clip and was equally amused and horrified.

Why did she attempt to make a roux in a blender? You have to make it in a pan with heat. The real chefs (Sir Matt and river cottage lady (?)) must have needed to be revived with smelling salts after witnessing her “cook”.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Yes to this. I say that from personal experience. At the end of my last relationship during what was a very rocky period for me, I decided to have a tattoo of my favourite musician's face on my inner forearm. At that point i hadn't been tattooed in at least a decade. I would have to say my favourite musician remains as it was when i got the tattoo, but I'm now less keen on having it there. I'm currently contemplating having all of my visible tattoos lasered off.
Our local tattoo shop recently had a refurbishment. Half the studio is now a tattooist, the other half is dedicated to laser treatments such as tattoo removal. It’s smart of them really. I know a lot of people, myself included, who have suddenly found that their Celtic/rockabilly/pin-up tats from 2004 are actually a teeny bit naff nowadays. There’s a particular tit faded tattoo on my arm that I really hate and have wanted covered up for years, but removal is tempting.

Then again, I was on holiday last month and I saw many, many absolutely appalling tattoos. Anyone watch This Country? They looked like Big Mandy had done them. So I suppose I’m not alone in having some tit ink.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I know someone will have mentioned it but homosexual for 20 years?? Your son is 12/13? Was he conceived in a greengage jar? I don’t know any lesbians who would sleep with a man, unless they are bi and I don’t know any straight women who would sleep with another woman… unless they’re also bi. We don’t have to be so PC that we can’t say same sex attraction is a thing (I almost put that in caps but couldn’t bring myself to).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
😮 Harold’s family are leaving reviews of their experiences at the crappy bungalow on TripAdvisor!

95BEA9CA-9FFC-4074-88A7-B65243AFCAB6.jpeg

338EA60C-DF99-44AE-81AC-FBD0C84685F8.jpeg

Also, I present to you the text that the poor alarmed Outlaws surreptitiously sent Harold under the dining table, as Jack was busy nuzzling OHB in the kitchen

2181FF7C-B15F-4827-BEFE-D9F55DFE80D6.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 55
'From this moment on my only requirement in a relationship is someone that looks at me the way my dog looks at me'

I do hope she's not claiming this lovely statement is one thunk up by her very own self - I've heard/read it loads of times before. Suppose it'll impress her sychophantic followers though. :rolleyes:
Oops! Sycophantic, no h. Hope 'The Teacher' isn't reading. ;) Still dying to hear all about the dates though ...

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My type is very much androgynous and I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t think she was attractive when her first book came out (shame it was still a couple of years before I realised what my fascination with androgynous women was 😂). However now I find her repulsive. She doesn’t know who she is and her vile narcissistic ways mean that it doesn’t matter how she wears her hair or what she clothes she wears (lesbian or otherwise) she’ll always be ugly.

Also imagine that nasal twang talking dirty in your ear 🤢
Boogs, thank you for your comment, it really wasn't needed and I hope i didn't leave you feeling like you had to justify a type of person you're attracted to. It wasn't my intention when I made that comment, i hope you know.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
@Boogs I don’t wish to avatar shame you, but this one is also rather alarming. 😂 Also, after my lovely poem for her, it should possibly come with a trigger warning for dearest jenny numbers.
Come to think of it I am somewhat traumatised. Send cashos for comfort spoooons!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.