Jack Monroe #34 Medicine won't lift her gloom. Lady doc says Facetune!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m settling down for a 7-page catch-up but wondered, does anyone else still go to ‘Influencers’ and then panic thinking she’s found a way to shut us down when they can’t find the thread? 😰
I do the same except instead of panicking, I’m briefly confused. Then I remember that she’s no longer an ‘influencer’ and HOOT up a lung

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Can you imagine her answers if her fans ever mentioned all these abandoned projects?

"Jack, what happened to your shed?"
"It was burned down by trolls if you must know."

"What about the Gaily Mail, Jack?"
"A lady psychiatrist recommended that I stop it, it was giving me PTSD because someone sent in a funny picture of Thomas the Tank Engine."

"Did you ever cut your brother's hair?"
"Bullies on Tattle gave him alopecia. He'll never need a haircut again."

• Haha
Reactions: 56

Linky. It’s sad reading how unhappy she’s been forever. They say famous people stop developing/growing/learning at the age they get famous and this definitely rings true with Jack.
I’ve heard the same said of young mum’s, and it was certainly true of my mum. At times great fun to have a mum constantly 17 years old, at other times... well... let’s just say jack reminds me of someone at times...

Can’t help thinking maybe that she’s stuck at the age she became a young mum too.

(No disrespect to young mum’s btw. Like I said, my mum was one and she did a great job. But she was always very young at heart in both the positive and negative ways at times)

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I do the same except instead of panicking, I’m briefly confused. Then I remember that she’s no longer an ‘influencer’ and HOOT up a lung
I usually get to the threads by using the little alarm bell icon 🔔 upper right cos that has notifications. If there aren’t any (rarely happens!) I go to trending in the forums menu.

Reactions: 13
I live in Scotland. We don’t pay for prescriptions either. But 135 quid every 4 weeks seems a lot of cash to be forking out, it’s about 8 or 9 quid per prescription item in England yes?

Edited to say just googled and it says the cost is between 25 and 150 quid a month so maybe what she’s paying is typical for the medication she needs.

Reactions: 5

Linky. It’s sad reading how unhappy she’s been forever. They say famous people stop developing/growing/learning at the age they get famous and this definitely rings true with Jack.
Earlier on I was reading through a wiki page about her and she just strikes me as one of those people that is so self absorbed. I believe that you know your sexuality pretty early on and whatever way you swing its all good in the hood. But reading through what I read through earlier, she had a straight phase. gay, non-binary, now she is going through her mental health problems on line with a fine tooth comb, I'm sorry but a lot of that stuff should be dealt with privately and she needs a break from the public eye to address her issues.. But she is just an attention seeker with too much time on her hands but that's what I don't get. If she has a child, a successful career, a home where is she getting all this time from ?

Reactions: 17
Hello! Same.
I often think to myself what it would be like to work as her editor. I think she’d be affronted at any suggestions and I wouldn’t last the day out of nnnnnnnggggg frustration.

‘Do you KNOW what infallible means??? Do you?’
There are times in our life when we must consider turning work / clients down - I learnt this the hard way. Head. Banging. Brick. Wall. Springs to mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

I was just going to share this, so has she transitioned now? I’m confused 😳

Reactions: 1
She's being a dick. So sorry to anyone feeling triggered.

The Prince Harry thing is typical her as nobody can possibly check with him.
It sounds remarkably like the sort of joke he might make when talking to a load of people at some sort of reception. People that he only has the vaguest idea of who they are. "Gosh, yes,the press. Do what Wills did and only send your saucy photos to one person so you can split the fee when they end up published. Hahaha." We know that Jack can get to rentaluvvie events - didn't you know that she belongs to the Groucho?

If she has a child, a successful career, a home where is she getting all this time from ?
She has the time 'cause her career is as dead as a Monty Python Parrot. It is down the proverbial pan. Her TV appearances have dried up, her "cook" books are not selling, her political career never amounted to anything, there are more astute and relevant activists, all her anecdotes and experiences are 10 years out of date, so all that is left is Twitter and SM.

Without Twitter and SM she is nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Did anyone get the tweet that that snarky “my prescription is none of your business” tweet was in response to?
It was a guy saying that a lot of her conditions had a comorbidity and it may be worth checking her dosages/prescriptions. It was nosy, technically, but well meaning.

Reactions: 19
I live in Scotland. We don’t pay for prescriptions either. But 135 quid every 4 weeks seems a lot of cash to be forking out, it’s about 8 or 9 quid per prescription item in England yes?

Edited to say just googled and it says the cost is between 25 and 150 quid a month so maybe what she’s paying is typical for the medication she needs.
it isn’t. She’s gone private to get it...

It was a guy saying that a lot of her conditions had a comorbidity and it may be worth checking her dosages/prescriptions. It was nosy, technically, but well meaning.
Good on that guy. Let’s hope he find his way to us!
😄

But what does she expect if she posts all kinds about her ailments, illness, meds on line. Having grew up wth a parent with severe mental illness the similarities are mind blowing. I feel so sorry for her child. Its tough growing up when your needs are ignored when you have a parent whose needs are greater / perceived to be more important. and why the duck is she getting another pet when she is clearly mentally ill, who has vetted her household ??

Im sorry but if that was my ex would I duck let her have shared custody of my child while she is clearly in the midst of some sort of episode.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
She has the time 'cause her career is as dead as a Monty Python Parrot. It is down the proverbial pan. Her TV appearances have dried up, her "cook" books are not selling, her political career never amounted to anything, there are more astute and relevant activists, so all that is left is Twitter and SM.

Without Twitter and SM she is nothing.
Excuse me, I think you’ll find aside from being a presenter, author and writer (apparently these are two separate things 🙃), she’s also a talking head, poet and photographer. She is BUSY.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.