Jack Monroe #34 Medicine won't lift her gloom. Lady doc says Facetune!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why do her friends constantly bestow her with ridiculously expensive gifts?? Chanel lipsticks, Penhaligons perfume, Tracey Emin original, Smeg fridge (the old one), goodness knows what else. She’s either a piss taking friend, or it’s just a cover for how much she spends on herself... hard to know as she’s a bleeping lying liar about EVERYTHINGGGGG
I think you’ve made a good point there. Maybe it is a cover for what she spends on herself.
‘A friend bought it for me / gave it to me’ sounds a lot better than ‘I spunked all my money on ___ and I need your patreon donations.’

Same as all the wise, dear, good friends that speak to her on the phone, giving her amazing advice (that she doesn’t take). I’m doubtful - cos if she really did have these GOOD friends, and I know she’s her own person, but SURELY by now they’d say enough with the twitter vomit for everyone’s (and your sake??)

• Heart
Reactions: 24
@SoulRebel Does baby Joe’s Dad know Lauren Laverne? She’s just said on Glastonbury programme that her friend had a baby called Joe 6 wks early weighting 4lbs 8!!

• Wow
Reactions: 27
I have finally (for the 3rd time -seems apt it’s the 3rd!) time caught up. I’ve not done much today so JM must be glued to her phone. How much has she tweeted today 😱

Jack Monroe #35 I’ll only reply to blue tickers, but show anyone my labia tucked knickers

• Haha
Reactions: 37
When I have work on (outside of pandemic times) I 'do some editing of words'. I despair at some all of the fluffy language some people (ahem) insist on using. It's so naff. It's apparently supposed to be cutting edge or something but it just whiffs of thesaurus swallowing and regurgitating. Wince.

ETA: obviously my second career after the M.E work in California in the 1970's.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I would be embarrassed to accept all these gifts off people. I have a deal with my friends only to buy me inexpensive gifts as it makes me uncomfortable not to be able to reciprocate. She sounds like a scrounger with no shame.

Reactions: 19
Been for a socially distanced meet up in the park with friends. Have come back to 27 pages to Grunka through. It’s kicked off again hasn’t it?

• Haha
I can’t get over that she crowd sourced ideas for slop she could eat with an ouchy mouth for hours yesterday and now is smashing into a sarnie like nowt’s the matter 🤯
Not only that, but she’d given it a jaunty name - BadMouth Meals. I guarantee you she’ll never use that phrase again.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I can’t believe she’s sexist enough to not take advice from a man (why not try treating people as equals, Jack!) when she had the gall to came on here accusing us of thinking she’s too woke. Just such an archaic view, as so many of you have pointed out.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Yet more contradictory bullshit about the weight loss. I just can't stand her. On DKL she went on and on about the massive portions she was eating. Then it's nothing but instant ramen for days. Then I definitely remember her letting slip recently how she restricts her food intake depending on if it was a rowing or non-rowing day and I thought "hang on, which is it?"

Reactions: 26
omg I know we're baby twins already, but have a similar story with a travel writer for the economist who was NUTS too! What if it was the same man?! I cannot bleeping remember his name for the life of me because I'd changed it to a nickname so I could print screen the messages & share them on Twitter (it was an ongoing series that had fabulous engagement).
Starting to worry we're the same person having an extravagant breakdown?!??

• Haha
Reactions: 28
When I have work on (outside of pandemic times) I 'do some editing of words'. I despair at some all of the fluffy language some people (ahem) insist on using. It's so naff. It's apparently supposed to be cutting edge or something but it just whiffs of thesaurus swallowing and regurgitating. Wince.

ETA: obviously my second career after the M.E work in California in the 1970's.
It’s cringeworthy, isn’t it 😬

49FFCCCD-2C91-4D14-9ADE-6802497BAD4A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’m surprised out of all the ailments she has and all these gifts she’s ‘given’ she hasn’t just came out and said that she’s a compulsive shopper and it’s an effect of her autism/ADHD/arthritis/ouchy mouth*

*Delete as appropriate.

• Heart
  • Haha
I've been dying to elevenerife Jack ever since she started whittering on about uneven lips. My very first memory [TRIGGER WARNING!] is of toddling and falling forward between legs, and ripping part of my lower lip off on a kitchen cupboard catch as it was closed. They sewed it back on and, as Mum said, it stopped me sucking my thumb....

Anyway, I couldn't get great pictures but the yellow line shows the scar while the other gives some idea of the uneven nature of the lip ever since.

Top that for your lips, Jack! [JOKE!!!!! for FS] 😂

20200628_205533.jpg
20200628_205646.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
she has such a naff antiquated view of womanhood/femininity, I can't explain it and I certainly don't want to attribute it to age as I know there are plenty of hugely intelligent & progressive women 100 years old+ so please don't take it as ageism: but it reminds me of when you speak to older middle class women, like the stuff they think about being a woman & appearance? The generation of women who actually listened to the special k adverts and ate 3 bowls of cereal for years on end so feel the need to impose those oppressive views onto you now? No thanks hun keep it for urself xo
She often makes comments about women which are very (in my view ) backward, especially for someone who was non binary before, I really don’t get it at all . I would consider myself a woman (ie not gender non binary) but As a feminist the things she describes as “feminine “ etc for me are embarrassing

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.