Jack Monroe #34 Medicine won't lift her gloom. Lady doc says Facetune!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you know what, fraus? You’re a proper good sort, you lot. I am ok, thank you all. I’ve done all the things i’m supposed to and it’s all ok. Luckily i’ve had 25 years of this so I know how to look after myself but a lot of young impressionable people follow her.

So anyway, back to being terribly british about things!

Speaking of, she uses ‘asshole’. Another anericanism and probably the pettiest annoyance I have with her. 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
I’ve done a quick google trying to find a link between Jack and the Petulent Prick Harry but nothing’s come up .

Does anyone think she’s talking ( oh she can’t do that can she due to an imaginary outchy gob🙄) utter tripe?
yes absolutely x

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Okay so big fan of this thread & its receipts so will try and contribute some. Disclaimer: am by no means an accountant, but am linking sources for each stage.

Being generous here and giving her the London living salary of £10.75 per hour (as per the living wage foundation), she has told us herself on thread 31 that she only claims for 40 hours a week, not the 90+ she 'actually works'. I'm using this salary calculator. She doesn't have a student loan, I'm also not putting pension in there as she's a ltd company director she'll be investing profits from that into a pension (as they all do / that isn't illegal).

Has her yearly take home as: £18,844.80 or monthly at £1,570.40

I am assuming that Patreon feeds into this salary, and isn't additional to it, as she has claimed previously.

Now thinking about:
  • Smeg at £2,800, that's 178.3% of her monthly salary, or 14.9% of her total annual salary.
  • Prescription at £135 per month, that's 8.6% of her monthly salary.
  • Cotswold Sideboard at £900 (in the sale), that's 57.3% of her monthly salary.
There are other purchases you guys can probably think of too - I'm not saying that people on the living wage can't have nice things by any means, like a lot of us I'm just shocked at just how many nice things she manages to cram into such a small budget. This isn't accounting for rent, council tax, transport, childcare, etc which for most people would account for at least 50% of their salary, sadly for people on low incomes it's significantly more so likely to be 70%+. Maybe she has a cryptocurrency mining operation going on in the background to help facilitate such a lifestyle on the LW!

Nah. The Universal Credit amount for a single parent of one child is more than that with rent element, plus council tax.

Plus I'm sure somebody with so many documented illnesses affecting her daily functioning would have at least had a stab at claiming DLA/PIP, which isn't means tested. And would have published several pieces about how dehumanizing the application process is if she had claimed and not been awarded it.

Reactions: 17
9BDB531D-D891-4522-84EE-58A7AA801B26.jpeg

Nigella realised she’d accidentally sent out a stock tweet and has regretfully drunk more kool aid. I remember John Diamond’s diaries, she can’t possibly have seen what preceded this?
AA9AE0F8-98F5-486D-B3F5-0A98842E2898.jpeg

An inspiration to what, exactly? 🤪

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
I don't normally venture onto the JM threads. Although do occasionally read them as it seems like nothing possibly goes right for the poor love that is JM. I'm surprised with the weather that the bungalow hasn't been struck by lightening yet or the garden been so flooded. However I digress, why does the pouty photo remind of of Pepe the frog. I had to go google various frog pictures just to check I wasn't imagining it, JM it really isn't a good look.

Oh and also whilst you read my post, the meds you have in tupperware and seem to be hoarding I really hope you don't order more each month just because!! As someone else who takes alot of controlled meds and what they are now classed as in terms of how many are stashed in that photo, it may be deemed as supplying as no rational person could give an excuse if questioned. Especially as I presume her prescription doesn't really up with how many are actually there. Sorry if this has all been spoken about. Anyway, I'm off to take meds oh and make a normal cheese sandwich.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Okay so big fan of this thread & its receipts so will try and contribute some. Disclaimer: am by no means an accountant, but am linking sources for each stage.

Being generous here and giving her the London living salary of £10.75 per hour (as per the living wage foundation), she has told us herself on thread 31 that she only claims for 40 hours a week, not the 90+ she 'actually works'. I'm using this salary calculator. She doesn't have a student loan, I'm also not putting pension in there as she's a ltd company director she'll be investing profits from that into a pension (as they all do / that isn't illegal).

Has her yearly take home as: £18,844.80 or monthly at £1,570.40

I am assuming that Patreon feeds into this salary, and isn't additional to it, as she has claimed previously.

Now thinking about:
  • Smeg at £2,800, that's 178.3% of her monthly salary, or 14.9% of her total annual salary.
  • Prescription at £135 per month, that's 8.6% of her monthly salary.
  • Cotswold Sideboard at £900 (in the sale), that's 57.3% of her monthly salary.
There are other purchases you guys can probably think of too - I'm not saying that people on the living wage can't have nice things by any means, like a lot of us I'm just shocked at just how many nice things she manages to cram into such a small budget. This isn't accounting for rent, council tax, transport, childcare, etc which for most people would account for at least 50% of their salary, sadly for people on low incomes it's significantly more so likely to be 70%+. Maybe she has a cryptocurrency mining operation going on in the background to help facilitate such a lifestyle on the LW!
If low income people ate rinsed beans and grated corned beef they could afford more sideboards

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I recall Lips Monroe saying on DKL she didn’t read cookery books or does she not consider Nigella’s books in the same vein.

Reactions: 24
Oh dear. I can only hope lockdown is getting to Nigella, and she needs to put on her satin robe and sneak down to the fridge for something to snack on. Please say she's not really sucked in by Jack?

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Plus I'm sure somebody with so many documented illnesses affecting her daily functioning would have at least had a stab at claiming DLA/PIP, which isn't means tested.
I thought this! My partner is autistic and on PIP for a while because he struggled with finding steady employment (though he managed to get a part time job just before corona and is still working, thank god!)

If Jack has autism, and other conditions affecting her ability to work, she would be absolutely able to apply for PIP to supplement her income

Reactions: 15
I recall Lips Monroe saying on DKL she didn’t read cookery books or does she not consider Nigella’s books in the same vein.
No she does read cookery books but she reads them like novels, it’s cooking shows that she doesn’t watch!

*Both go some way to explain her performance on DK and her recipes!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Nah. The Universal Credit amount for a single parent of one child is more than that with rent element, plus council tax.

Plus I'm sure somebody with so many documented illnesses affecting her daily functioning would have at least had a stab at claiming DLA/PIP, which isn't means tested. And would have published several pieces about how dehumanizing the application process is if she had claimed and not been awarded it.
Oh tit yeah good point - I hadn't even thought of that stuff sorry have no idea how it works?!

Surely if you were playing silly games with allowable expenses & dividends & salary you wouldn't wanna go near it with a barge pole though! This isn't related to JM before she starts but we have a ltd company & we've not touched any of this bounce back support even though we'd probably be eligible. Neither of us would want to create a problem for down the line as we suspect HMRC are gonna be clawing back a lot of this tit tout suite where people have been a bit cheeky (rightfully so tbh - no judgment here) so it's like rolling tit down hill or whatever the saying is.

Reactions: 7
Just vommed at Jack calling Nigella 'dear heart'. She also used 'lovely one' earlier, and equally grim expression.
She always overcooks (!) it with the celebs. What a successful fishing trip she had this morning, so many blue tickers. I didn’t even have to go to her feed as she was on my own page. I can only think they (celebs) follow so many people and have verified only lists that she is either muted or they don’t see her at her shouting at air (and well meaning followers) worst.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.