Jack Monroe #336 Her writing style makes me wish I’d never learnt to read

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a trans family member who has been on T for over a decade. He is sick of JMs tit and I have permission to share. It never made him tired. The classic changes occured in that his voice changed, he got extra hair and bigger muscles. His facial features changed and he looks like his dad's double now whereas previously he was more like his mum in looks. But he also experiences mood swings and hot flushes especially in the days just before his next injection is due. His skin in the injection site is really tough now and the nurse has to rotate sites.

I think Jack was lying as usual.
Babe, same. He was always our mothers daughter and is definitely now our fathers son! Pictures of our Dad at the same age are unbelievably similar. It borders on creepy, actually 🥴 I’m in STEM, so I have some understanding of how it works, but still, it’s been mind blowing to watch in real time.

Has she announced she’s running for PM yet?

Teen and I were discussing it earlier; she asked who I thought would run if we had a system like America, where pretty much anyone can have a crack at it (and sometimes, they bleeping win 🤮).

Jack was the first one that popped into my head. She would run, and she would win, because of the frothing middle classes that support her.

I’m not going to sleep well tonight with that thought rattling around my head, am I?

• Sick
Reactions: 12
Johnson didn’t cheat on his wife while she was undergoing cancer treatment. They were separated and he was already living with Carrie Antoinette.
You’d think a trained reporter and famously forensic political commentator would check her facts rather than just trotting out Twitters version of the truth.
She’s lucky she hasnt been sued

• Wow
Reactions: 50
Hey look Jack, I've got a sign too. Feel free to post this one on your Twitter x
1657226681512.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99
I'm honestly thinking of rioting if I see another holier than thou twit assuming that all theft is to alleviate poverty. You can spot the people who've never had very little and then had what little they have nicked a mile off. I'd love to know what research these poor starving thieves do to make sure the person they're stealing from can afford to take the hit. In any case, most crime including theft occurs in the most economically deprived areas and it's galling to see some lazy grifter in her £800,000 palace casually solving poverty with "let the poor rob each other": Patreon for me, survival of the fittest for thee. And that goes for all her stupid squigs too. SH1TTERZ.
I wish there was one more solstice name change so we could be #sh1tter or #justiceforIqbal, Jenny numbers

• Haha
Reactions: 30
She can’t even be bothered to file her confirmation statement - literally filling in a super short super simple form on the website confirming you would still like your company to exist - but she has endless energy to twit endlessly on the bird app.

bleeping priorities, Jack. Accounts, ok, fine (not fine), nobody likes doing that, but your confirmation statement?! Come on. Get the duck off Twitter. Stop grunking here. Log in to your account and just fill out the damn confirmation statement, you absolute embarrassment. And just hire a bloody accountant like everyone else does. You can afford it, don’t pretend you can’t, we have a good idea how much you grift every month.
The thing is, it wouldn't even cost her very much! For a few hours each month, she could hire someone to do basic accounts for £20/hour (a freelancer non-qualified accountant) to take them to trial balance, for example, then just pay an accountant to check them over quarterly to keep on top of everything.
I did accounts for small businesses as a freelancer for years, but I have a feeling our Jacko may be like one of my former clients, who just threw receipts and money into a bin bag and handed me the lot to sort out (took me SO long, but at least I could charge for the hours!).

She'll make it extremely complicated because she'll be trying to pay as little tax as possible - that's fairly normal and as long as it's done legally then I'm on board, BUT she's going to be one of those people who stretches it as far as she can. I suspect she won't declare her donations - Patreon is fairly public so surely she wouldn't dare not declare that, but even though most people know tips should be classed as taxable income, a lot of people won't declare them. She probably considers anything via Paypal as "cash in hand" and won't declare that (although I believe that HMRC can now access Paypal accounts - stand to be corrected on that). But most of all, if her financial management skills, shopping lists and meal planning are anything to go by*, there's no WAY she keeps her day-to-day paperwork in a tidy, uniform manner to make producing the actual accounts relatively straightforward. (Gosh that was verbose, sorry, I must be turning into a smol pixie!)

*All information publicised by Cack herself. Other details are just my assumptions/presumptions m'lord.

PS Learn something new every day - I thought BIB meant BRING IT BACK, because it always seems to be used when someone is talking about making the next thread title! 😄 😄 😄 Well I never! I shall hang my head in shame and eat a Pumble.

PPS still can't work out why it's called a pumble. It's nothing like a crumble, it's just a pie without a bottom, or as my mother used to call them in the 60s and 70s (in fact, she still does), pastry tops! 😄 Only hers had a blackbird in the middle (made of pot, not feathers, blood and bones, before she gets accused of animal cruelty).🥧🐦🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Edwina is on Irish TV now talking about Boris and how he LEFT! the conservative party. Jack must not have been available.

• Haha
I'm 50 and I've been to Nandos twice. Both times with my son. Both times it was quite lively 😂. I'm a bit deaf in my right ear so I had no clue what was going on 😂. I can't go to Subway for the same reason. There are many questions which I can't hear or understand 😂. I've tried but just look 😬 at the serving staff.
I find subway so stressful there's just too many choices and I get so anxious ordering.

• Heart
“I've woken up in ditches at festivals wearing someone else's clothes after three day blackout benders…” No, no you haven’t.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Excuse me but what the duck is a horn-clod? Only I think it's a candidate for the Jacktionary and google is very insistent that I mean Joseph Horn Cloud.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Excuse me but what the duck is a horn-clod? Only I think it's a candidate for the Jacktionary and google is very insistent that I mean Joseph Horn Cloud.
Babe, same x I even googled clod-horn. But nope.

I may be struck down for this, but I've just watched Boris's speech on the bbc news. Did he really say anything different to any other PM who has resigned over the years? And I know who I'd rather have at my fantasy dinner party, it isn't Jack.

She brews coffee and offers firemen piss wine whilst wearing a stab vest.
MORNING BOYS! 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 35
"taps the sign" makes me want to jump up and down on my phone. Aaaggghhh!

And shoehorning in a bit about her edgy days at "festivals". Probs wearing her stab vest. At the Christian Youth festival
Taps sign taps sign, Jack taps the sign
It’s almost as annoying as her horrid nasal whine

YEAH!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79

Look, it's a festival visit from the Jackchives

"As a result of the case understandably swallowing them whole, we weren’t hearing back from Jack at all. We wanted to confirm details – talks titles, whether Jack would sit on panels, what accommodation was needed. And so on. But we were getting no answers. It was clear that Jack was overwhelmed with what was going on. And we were anxious that the toll the case was taking might well scupper Jack coming to Greenbelt after all.

And then, after weeks of waiting, and after our pitching a suggested talk title and blurb to Jack, a response came. Rather than go with our generic talk title suggestion, Jack came back with the idea of calling their talk “I was hungry and thirsty …”. Our hearts leapt. Not only was it game on, but Jack was clearly engaging wholeheartedly with the festival context too, choosing a title that would sit well with our core community. Added to which, Jack said a panel would be OK, too. Even one with the formidable Peter Oborne already booked in!"

"Pausing to sing a Jackie Oates song at one point, Jack drew to a close and received the first of their standing ovations – before opening up for questions. A session in which the miraculous happened."

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.