Jack Monroe #336 Her writing style makes me wish I’d never learnt to read

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I literally go 80km to buy Kewpie brand mayo (not available in my city) just to avoid Hellmanns. #JustSayNo
In my humble opinion I feel superdrug is overpriced. I usually shop in savers, cheaper, quite alot of local eco stuff in there now and better. I went to superdrug the other day was just wowed by how much they charge even for something like deodorant.

Reactions: 37
In my humble opinion I feel superdrug is overpriced. I usually shop in savers, cheaper, quite alot of local eco stuff in there now and better. I went to superdrug the other day was just wowed by how much they charge even for something like deodorant.
I went in Superdrug for deodorant a few weeks ago, and it was like £8 for a large can of Lynx.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Bizarrely Jack has claimed she protect's SB's privacy like a lioness, or something like that.
Disclosing he 'huffs and puffs and shouts' on the naughty step aged 12 is doing a great job of respecting that.

• Sad
Reactions: 74
I understand the shouting from SB and I don't believe it's the puberty, he's probably just fed up of her. Also if she was my mum I would hold alot of anger towards her, she's selfish, lazy and entitled.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Bizarrely Jack has claimed she protect's SB's privacy like a lioness, or something like that.
Disclosing he 'huffs and puffs and shouts' on the naughty step aged 12 is doing a great job of respecting that.
SB should start a Twitter when he's old enough, giving a running commentary on Mommie Dearest and her antics. That'd teach her.

• Haha
Reactions: 69
Trying to ignore Whack humiliating her son who reads her Twitter.
please could an observer here, who is active on Twitter ask Jack if, during the poverty, and in between sex work, pounding the pavements looking for work, selling her Wedgwood, light bulbs etc whether she ever shoplifted?
She was mightily desperate after all. Granted, her wealthy parents were a stones throw away and she was fortunate enough to have drinks and cakes in so that she could invite other new mums round to her house (per her own Facebook posts) but yeah - keen to know if she was ever that desperate. Perhaps a five finger discount on a pair of shoes for the wee boy?
No?…

thought not.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Puppy already requiring additional veterinary care other than the necessary jabs? Send cashos

And using the puppy as punishment is just Jack's way of outsourcing the stuff she's too lazy to do. She did the same with the "I'm bored" chart where SB would have to do a mundane chore and tick it off.

• Sad
Reactions: 57
My biggest takeaway from raising 4 boys into adulthood is that treating them like toddlers when they're teens is a total disaster. They want as much control and responsibility as they can get and they're trying to understand who they are as people in a world where they get constant pressure to be conflicting kinds of masculine all at once, and reducing that down to "smelly shouty hormone vessels" is disrespectful.

Positioning her child as either a scoffing, smelly, shouty hormonal pig, or a complete angel, really gets my goat (leg). Why can't she treat him like a normal human being? Sending him outside to play fetch X times is so weird (also what happens on the day when he just says no?). Be different if she said "I'm going to go outside and chuck the ball about with Content for a bit to calm down. If you want to join me, that's great; if you don't, that's ok too."

One thing I insisted upon with our kids is that we've never sent them out the house when they're in trouble. It's their home and it's never a place they're not allowed to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 114
Puppy already requiring additional veterinary care other than the necessary jabs? Send cashos

And using the puppy as punishment is just Jack's way of outsourcing the stuff she's too lazy to do. She did the same with the "I'm bored" chart where SB would have to do a mundane chore and tick it off.
Passing off the main responsibility of walking the dog, not 3 weeks after buying it, kinda shows exactly how long that particular novelty lasted… still, it is at least a topic to flog on SM for likes, which was probably the whole point to begin with.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
My biggest takeaway from raising 4 boys into adulthood is that treating them like toddlers when they're teens is a total disaster. They want as much control and responsibility as they can get and they're trying to understand who they are as people in a world where they get constant pressure to be conflicting kinds of masculine all at once, and reducing that down to "smelly shouty hormone vessels" is disrespectful.

Positioning her child as either a scoffing, smelly, shouty hormonal pig, or a complete angel, really gets my goat (leg). Why can't she treat him like a normal human being? Sending him outside to play fetch X times is so weird (also what happens on the day when he just says no?). Be different if she said "I'm going to go outside and chuck the ball about with Content for a bit to calm down. If you want to join me, that's great; if you don't, that's ok too."

One thing I insisted upon with our kids is that we've never sent them out the house when they're in trouble. It's their home and it's never a place they're not allowed to be.
💯 this. I have 3 boys 11 to 17 and I wholeheartedly agree. Also, naughty step for a 12 year old? No.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
4am poonamis? Jack's attempts at making her own dog treats are going well then!
You’re assuming re: 4am poonamis that she was referring to the LITERAL dog, rather than the shaking shitting one there, dear heart.

ETA I present you further evidence from the source. Jack’s errr…explosions.

8DA325EC-F49C-429B-ACDD-7D15F8508C74.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.