Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
"trashy" crime novel ..OT
I'm currently reading "Thursday Murder Club". I finally caved in, as it seems to be so popular.

I just don't get it. It's like every stereotype about older people, cobbled together with a thin storyline. Werther's Originals, Countdown, Bus passes etc etc.

But I doubt Jack could do any better. She raved about TMC, having been given an advance copy by Richard Osman .
It’s crap!

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Onestorytoomany

VIP Member
I love a good misery book but seriously that books is beyond misery and also terribly written. She uses too many words to say one thing. Get to the fucking point.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
She started out as a political commentator? Sorry, what? Discussions about the state of the world with your colleagues or friends doesn't equate to you being a political commentator.

Love how she has conveniently ignored the growing din of dissent around her Patreon on Twitter yesterday and then drops this. So gauche. On form, then.

And what happened to all the appointments yesterday?! More lies? Surely not!

I have lost all hope that she will ever get caught out and be held accountable. The grift will continue unabated forever. 😭😭😭😡😡😡
😂 colleagues 🤣 sentient mirror and the smegs, plus the toaster, not toaster

• Haha
  • Heart

RaeRae

Chatty Member
Will she literally just say she’s worked everywhere and anywhere to try and seem legit, ffs.

and this is so so far behind but I’ve had to grunk for so long to get here, the best bit of Thursday Murder Club for me was when they thought Ashford station must have a few decent shops being international and everything and i shared the disappointment at how crap it is!
Jack eleventy billion jobs Monroe 🤣

• Haha

hellosailor⚓

This is the thing. Everyone knows poverty is awful. From the most right wing, free market Thatcherite to the most dyed in the wool communist. Jack's endless death wank adds nothing to the debate.
Death wank, strap on beak, nightmeat......she's a fucking cenobite!

• Haha

Onestorytoomany

VIP Member
I love how she says it's not forensic when Literally everything discussed here is lifted from the source. It's like taking fingerprints from a crime scene with a known criminal being involved and then him saying it's not true🥴

Pimpinella

Chatty Member
Well with that mental image re knee this herbal sleep tea isn't going to work.....industrial strength gin it is then...

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Pavlova

VIP Member
this makes it all so much more bizarre to me - as a fully accredited practicing counsellor she surely must see through Jack's bullshit?!

in happy news i just got my final result of my last research essay of the year...82 which puts me firmly into a distinction for my first year of training - the result of sacrificing a lot of fun, nearly giving up many times and a lot of humility in knowing i have so much to read and so many other people to learn from. Maybe I could have got a higher mark if i had a good anecdote about bread and jam though 🤷‍♀️
Wow, that sounds like a right blumming slog, so huge congratulations @blurstoftimes ! Xx 😁💗💋

• Heart
Reactions: 25