Jack Monroe #334 Wafting around Asda like a Smartprice Ghost

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh, I forgot to add that Jack sings to her plants. Possibly why they either die or grow like Triffids. Imagine just trying to photosynthesise and get yourself looking the goods then along comes the Adenoid Kid.
Poking, prodding. Singing off-key.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
A moment of silence for the brave patreon squig.

Narc rage / flying monkeys inbound. Fire in the hole.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 78
The flying monkeys are being absolutely disgusting to the squigg. And some fool has signed up to the patreon as a result.
Yay! Jack take my money and give me nothing in return. Sticking it to the Tories, squig style. People are reduced to eating parcels from food banks but the pressing concerns here are to keep milady in an £800,000 not bungalow and performing anger about poverty on Twitter. Hurrah for the good guys.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
Yay! Jack take my money and give me nothing in return. Sticking it to the Tories, squig style. People are reduced to eating parcels from food banks but the pressing concerns here are to keep milady in an £800,000 not bungalow and performing anger about poverty on Twitter. Hurrah for the good guys.
THIS. Why is it that someone can’t say something similar on Twatter? How can the squids argue with this?

Reactions: 54
She seriously has a weird hold on them. I genuinely think the world's gone a bit barmy.

I walk passed lots of homeless people everyday and most don't even stop to off them a sandwich. I am only saying this to make a story make sense, not for any sort of attention, but I do frequently buy sandwiches, drinks and other snacks for them. One day a while back my kid was with me and bought himself a twix He was munching on one stick when we approached a homeless person. He asked me could he give them his other twix. I said not really as he had opened it. There was a shop nearby so I took him in and bought another one that he could take to the homeless person.

What my point is these people will happy pay her because she does so much , but would they offer a homeless person the other half of their twix for doing nothing more than sitting in the doorway?

• Heart
Reactions: 74
A moment of silence for the brave patreon squig.

Narc rage / flying monkeys inbound. Fire in the hole.

One of the flying monkeys has "don't be a dick" in their bio, you can see how Jack must appeal to them.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
She seriously has a weird hold on them. I genuinely think the world's gone a bit barmy.

I walk passed lots of homeless people everyday and most don't even stop to off them a sandwich. I am only saying this to make a story make sense, not for any sort of attention, but I do frequently buy sandwiches, drinks and other snacks for them. One day a while back my kid was with me and bought himself a twix He was munching on one stick when we approached a homeless person. He asked me could he give them his other twix. I said not really as he had opened it. There was a shop nearby so I took him in and bought another one that he could take to the homeless person.

What my point is these people will happy pay her because she does so much , but would they offer a homeless person the other half of their twix for doing nothing more than sitting in the doorway?
Rough sleepers can be quite confronting to some people, they're scared of what they don't understand. Jack's the 'acceptable' way for them to feel like they've done something good.
That's how I see it, anyway.

Reactions: 67

Only if they could be guaranteed a crowd for doing so. It boils my pumble, the world is full of kind people quietly doing what they can to help others but for the Cult of Jack the only good people in the world are people blowing smoke up her arse and murmuring about the VBI like it's the tablets of stone.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
bleeping hell... that was a grunk and a half

just *how* can the squigs sit there and read how the patrons are not receiving anything - from a genuine, longstanding, non-troll account - and still defend jack? and call the account abusive?

can only assume that they haven't themselves subscribed and I hope that squig finds their way here

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Bringing this across to the new thread in the hope it all kicks off lol

View attachment 1388014
The squig’s asking a reasonable question and making some reasonable points, very politely. The rightness or wrongness of Jacks pov cosplay aside (don’t get me wrong, the cosplay is BAD, but even just leaving that aside for a second) she should be giving her patreons something for their subscription. The few creators I support put out loads of good content regularly and special stuff for their Patreon supporters too. I’m still not clear on what Jack does for her Patreon supporters in terms of content.

See I reckon a lot of people give money to Jack because they think it goes directly to people who use foodbanks, like she’s got a charity set up or something. Of course that’s not the case and she’s clever enough not to pretend it is, but she exists very cleverly in a grey area where if you didn’t look too closely and were a bit of a naive bleeding heart you might think a tenner to Jack means a tenner for a struggling family and that’s not the case.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
I'm honestly thinking of doing a Patreon to fund a Twitter account that does swears at the Tories in exchange for cashos. Not only swears but those stupid invented ones like cockwomble or fuckbonnet and stuff like that. After exactly one year of this I will without making any announcement do a rude tweet at Jack before vanishing under a hail of bullets from raging squigs.

• Haha
Reactions: 82
There's a er, "newly active" person defending annoyed patreon squig. Interesting that the FMs don't seem to be biting. Maybe delivering sweet FA to Patreons turns out to be not so defendable?

Screenshot_20220703-121505~2.png

Screenshot_20220703-122122.png

Red and blue squig the same person.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 118
Current Patreon tiers:

Good Feels. £3.50 ·
All That Plus Postcards. £7 ·

The ThriftyShadesOfBeige Club. £10

No offense meant to anyone but why not just cancel the next monthly payment instead of hoping that she will change?

• Wow
Reactions: 73
It's turning into quite the day at the bungalow. Oooft
Hopefully building to a crescendo early next week. Could be an avalanche of chickens coming home to roost.

I feel like Nigella might end up getting dragged into this if it escalates. New Patreons must have given her the benefit of the doubt earlier on but if they've had nothing after nearly 6 months, that's really taking the performative smart price biscuit.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.