Jack Monroe #332 A doctor, a teacher and a ceramicist walk into a bar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did she say she went into Ratners Jewellers for a job? Didn’t Gerald Ratner say in the 90s the stuff they sold was crap and that basically sent them under? I can’t recall seeing a Ratners jewellers in decades. Please a Southend frau tell me there wasn’t a Ratners at the time of the Great PovertyTM in 2012. I would LOVE IT, if this lie could be disproved because there wasn’t a shop 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Bit bleeping gauche to wear Tiffany earrings whilst warbling about poverty.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 87
Did anyone get a recording of it? In what world is using shampoo as body wash a saving tip, surely if you were really desperate you would use a 30c bar of soap everywhere? And in the washing machine! She's bonkers

Reactions: 38
Don’t put shampoo in your washing machine, it foams up far too much, the foam backs up and comes out of the detergent drawer and goes all over the place. Source: the time a bottle of shampoo leaked in my suitcase and I threw all my clothes straight into the washing machine.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Did she say she went into Ratners Jewellers for a job? Didn’t Gerald Ratner say in the 90s the stuff they sold was crap and that basically sent them under? I can’t recall seeing a Ratners jewellers in decades. Please a Southend frau tell me there wasn’t a Ratners at the time of the Great PovertyTM in 2012. I would LOVE IT, if this lie could be disproved because there wasn’t a shop 🤣🤣🤣
Didn’t close until 2014 apparently. I could have sworn it was much longer ago!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Did anyone get a recording of it? In what world is using shampoo as body wash a saving tip, surely if you were really desperate you would use a 30c bar of soap everywhere? And in the washing machine! She's bonkers
There should actually be corrections made at the end of the show, before someone sues them for ruining their washing machine.

Reactions: 36
I'm curious how Jack ran out of personal hygiene products in the short time she was poor. She was on a good wage working for the fire service so had money to spare. I buy hygiene products whenever I'm tempted and I assume most people do, at this moment I have 6 or 7 bottles of shampoo, several bars of soap, many face washes, 3 deodorants and too many moisturisers and facial products. In 2020 I made a decision not to buy anymore hygiene products and I didn't need to buy anything at all until well into 2021 so if she was going round with a dirty face and greasy hair whilst job searching, it was a choice.

Absolutely x
I always buy when on offer. So often have stuff in the cupboard

Reactions: 23
I've always thought that the posher you are, the more grubby you are.
There was even a show called Too Posh to Wash. I really wish Kim and Aggie would end their feud and become pals again. Although I’m guessing even they would run a mile from the crappy bungalow and the rug of doom.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Reminds me of the time someone in the bar I worked in accidentally put some liquid detergent in the glass washer. It was like a foam party sorting that out.

Someone said above about using bars of soap instead and this is a much better idea, I’ve washed my hair with it before, it’s not ideal but does the job. Also shampoo wouldn’t be great for washing unruly labia!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I'm curious how Jack ran out of personal hygiene products in the short time she was poor. She was on a good wage working for the fire service so had money to spare. I buy hygiene products whenever I'm tempted and I assume most people do, at this moment I have 6 or 7 bottles of shampoo, several bars of soap, many face washes, 3 deodorants and too many moisturisers and facial products. In 2020 I made a decision not to buy anymore hygiene products and I didn't need to buy anything at all until well into 2021 so if she was going round with a dirty face and greasy hair whilst job searching, it was a choice.

Absolutely x
Yeah, considering how much food she stockpiles, there's no way she didn't have a stash of toiletries.

Reactions: 36
Top tip— Shower fully dressed and you can wash your body and clothes at the same time.

You can thank me later, Jack
And take the plug hole grate out and no need for toilet paper either-

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Given this is a paid campaign she's fronting, why wouldn't she mention it in her tweet? Instead of just saying she's "on Lorraine" surely it would be more useful to add something along the lines of 'to talk about Superdrug's hygiene poverty initiative'.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I felt a bit sorry for her when she first started talking (yes I know je suis tres stupid!) because she looked awful, about to cry and genuinely panicked. But her suggesting once again that poor = smelly and dirty and used a bullshit example of when she was poor enough apparently to be walking around stinking to high heaven in filthy jeans, applying for jobs (why would you looking like you had crawled out of a skip anyway?!) has really grated my mushrooms. I was street homeless at one point and I didn’t walk around like that, there are places you can get clean clothes and wash Jack even in that situation! She’s so disingenuous it hurts!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 97
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.