Jack Monroe #332 A doctor, a teacher and a ceramicist walk into a bar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She keeps retweeting her sobriety before / after pics. Jack, please stop, no one's going to commission your 2nd? 3rd? article about how you've stopped drinking, again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
honestly, i know nothing about dogs, but I know they need to be trained!

and take your shoes off indoors, you bleeping mucky twit!
🦉 🍾 and again bemoaning the fact we can’t have swears in thread titles.

Jack Monroe #333: bleeping mucky twit

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I can’t bring myself to watch, but it seems she also missed an opportunity to mention that good old soap does away with single-use plastics and is therefore better from an environment and climate perspective.

On that note any recommendations for good ones?
Grunking as always so probably not the first one to point out that not mentioning soap is strange because we all know that strangers leave soap on her door step because they know she likes soap so much...strange that is....

• Haha
Reactions: 42
🦉 🍾 and again bemoaning the fact we can’t have swears in thread titles.

Jack Monroe #333: bleeping mucky twit
Jack Monroe #333: forever making tat / frequently muddy twit / ferociously mean bat / finding much twaddle / friend to many teachers / fraus mend tattle / fighting monroe's (unruly) twit / fingernails a manky tinge / feelings most cringe / jack's on a binge...

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I’m glad it’s not just me who thinks this. If she carries on this trajectory she’ll be Ena Sharples by 2025.
Yep. It’s truly just a hop skip and a SEVERELY arthritic jump away from matronly Downing Street Charwoman Jack to full on Ena.
F79ACE45-67B9-4328-8580-8EEBA9C5632C.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Jack had a phase at the end of poverty / start of fame where she fostered dogs. I think some pics are still on Instagram. Suspect the Dane was a short term pet, rather than living its whole life with her.

We know she can't count (or use words properly) so 10 years could be anything from 7 to 15.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
The before and after photos remind me of infomercials where you see the person struggling with a normal product and it’s filmed in black and white, then the new product is shown by someone in bright colours, all tan and teeth.
This is all unrealistic as we are sad ninny scared Hausfrauen who hide behind avatars but I would love the Frauen and Herren have a little Before and After photo contest.
Just chuckling imagining it.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
What happens in Jackworld if two autistic people disagree about something? How do we know which one is correct?
It's impossible because autistic people literally can't lie, so they will always agree with each other.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
My favourite part of the terminator movies is when Kyle goes back in time to Linda Connor to explain the future and she turns into a bad ass for T 2: judgement day.

I would love some hero to come out of the woodwork with full archives of the missing tweets from 2012-2020 like a time travelling hero!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
The disposable income thing is peak Jack:

1) Gets politely corrected on terminology, that as a literal financial expert and poverty campaigner she ought to know.
2) Insists she is correct, actually, because of other meanings of the word “disposable”
3) …and actually, the official terminology is deliberately hurtful and misleading, so she’s doubly correct.
4) insist even more what an expert she is on word usage
5) muh autism makes me literal
6) quickly deletes everything in shame
7) adds this one-sided argument to her to-do list, invokes fake autism again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
The disposable income thing is peak Jack:

1) Gets politely corrected on terminology, that as a literal financial expert and poverty campaigner she ought to know.
2) Insists she is correct, actually, because of other meanings of the word “disposable”
3) …and actually, the official terminology is deliberately hurtful and misleading, so she’s doubly correct.
4) insist even more what an expert she is on word usage
5) muh autism makes me literal
6) quickly deletes everything in shame
7) adds this one-sided argument to her to-do list, invokes fake autism again.
Excellent analysis.
And
8) Pretends she has something better to do, why are people annoying her querying something she brought up, so shuts it all down 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 52
She got a blanket that smelled like the dog and wafted it around the bungalow a bit. Such effort. Although I’m not sure the cat could pick up the scent over the other lingering honks.
I have no clue how she thinks wafting a smelly blanket will help in the slightest

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Not buying the poor dog and poor cat photos. It's classic "let me show that they are still alive and happy and not killing each other". If, as she says, they relax happily on either side of her why not post that photo? Because they don't.

Reactions: 38
I have no clue how she thinks wafting a smelly blanket will help in the slightest
I know. Barmy. As if the main thing a cat will have to get used to with a dog is the smell.
Obviously you can get a dog when you already have a cat. People do it all the time. But Jack's blitheness and her belief she is Dr Dolittle is infuriating. Her track record with animals is appalling so no wonder people worry.

• Sad
Reactions: 38
Grunking as always so probably not the first one to point out that not mentioning soap is strange because we all know that strangers leave soap on her door step because they know she likes soap so much...strange that is....
Was it carbolic soap? A girl at secondary school was left some on her desk (teenage girls are hateful). But I now always think any soap gifts must be carbolic.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.