Jack Monroe #331 Safe word - pumble

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is literally not one word of a lie under your spoiler.

And yes Owen Jones is a dickwad. Julie Bindel calls him Talcum X which is chefs kiss
I mean if we’re talking about dickwads Bindel is in a league of her own

Reactions: 31
Has she tweeted her sobriety birthday yet? It's getting up time in the shitty bungalow, surely?

Reactions: 21
She hasn't mentioned anything about any current affairs for ages, has she? She used to attempt a viral news tweet more often.

Last edited:
Reactions: 38
Never thought of this. Very good point.

Reactions: 23
The Ancient greeks had a sex position that they called 'lion on a cheesegrater'. Historians genuinely argue back and forth about exactly what this involved. Do you think jack has the answer after all this time?
that is high level trolling by the Ancient Greeks

Reactions: 37
Grunting but just a general observation: she reminds me of one of those young, inexperienced teachers at school who would start sharing details about their private life, and the kids would keep them talking just to avoid work. Her squigs are flattered they are being party to such personal stuff, and she’s happy just to blurt it all out, hoping it will reach OH. Pathetic

Reactions: 62
I think Jack still has plenty of time. I know you weren’t saying 34 is old, but she really does have years ahead of her to get to a better point than she’s at now. Maybe she won’t have her dream media career and massive house, but how many people’s lives go exactly the way they imagine?

Reactions: 32
So glad you said that - saved me the bother!

Reactions: 19
OMG did Fern from Borsetshire Kitchens come round?!?
Sadly no, just Tim from local kitchen company!!

If Jack claims 100hrs work this week and yesterday was a day of rest tindering, then the rest of her week is 16.5hr days. No wonder she hasn’t got time to tweet about her sobriety today. Cor, give the girl a break

also, imagine going on a date with her and wondering which one of these would appear..

Last edited:
Reactions: 45
I agree with ALL of this. Jack's friends arent rushing to help her, because they will have tried before. They will have tried to gently query the abrupt move to London, the is she/isn't she transitioning debacle, the treatment of the kitten etc. They will have shown their concern and been left by the wayside. Like moldwarp, I have been there many times. It's really sad. I am sure there are people in Jackslife who want to help her, but they know it won't work.

edited

Reactions: 46
She hasn't mentioned anything about any current affairs for ages, has she? She used to attempt a viral news tweet more often.
Too risky, could attract American Twitter if she mentions anything around abortion. Besides with fresh talk of a Scottish independence referendum, she'll be setting up her new Benedict Cumberjock account to share her valuable insights with us all.

Reactions: 49
Jack was watching Love Island one evening and had the idea to put her online dating out for public consumption. Perhaps she wants to be the next Liz Jones. Or the next Katie Price. It's not going to happen. No one cares apart from Tattle, and none of us are going on a date with her, we're not are we?

Reactions: 39
Well she’s defo up cos she liked this but can anyone explain what it means…the author is supposed to be a comedian from stockport…irony

Reactions: 29
That dress looks like a fucking sack.

Reactions: 32
OT reply re Julie Bindel"]This is a Jack like lifting of a name long used by Black Americans to refer to the Jack exeeding scammer liar and thief in the guise of activism Shaun King l[/SPOILER]
There is literally not one word of a lie under your spoiler.

And yes Owen Jones is a dickwad. Julie Bindel calls him Talcum X which is chefs kiss
Oh no my spoiler is unruly. I pressed the crossing out icon instead and now trying to fix it I'm making a danger rug of any attempt to amend cut/quote/paste and fix the post x

Last edited:
Reactions: 30
Well she’s defo up cos she liked this but can anyone explain what it means…the author is supposed to be a comedian from stockport…irony
View attachment 1378001
First line of the last chapter of Jane Eyre - "Reader, I married him."

So I'm assuming Stockport Squig is implying that Jack should marry the supposed English teacher. Mental choice of reference tho, because the 'him' Jane's referring to is Mr Rochester who kept his mad first wife locked in the attic, who then perished in a fire that left Mr Rochester blind.

Deeply unromantic IMO but I also hate Jane Eyre so

Reactions: 55
Look at me missing that obvious line I should be proud but really it’s
https://giphy.com/vX9WcCiWwUF7G

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.