Jack Monroe #331 Safe word - pumble

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Ancient greeks had a sex position that they called 'lion on a cheesegrater'. Historians genuinely argue back and forth about exactly what this involved. Do you think jack has the answer after all this time?
I learn something new here every day ♥

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Guys I know this is probably the least interesting thing about yesterday but I can't get over 60p a word. Can we all remember this the next time she's bitching about how badly paid she is for her writing. Also, crumbs, that Telegraph invoice which she never bothered chasing up must have been in the thousands.

And to anyone who will have her - so much for her principles eh??!

I don't know how much of her twitter is real and how much is an act for the masses but from the 300 odd threads here its clear there is no clear view of Jack online - so even if she's only slightly like that in real life its no wonder her relationships don't last when even she doesn't know who she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
The Ancient greeks had a sex position that they called 'lion on a cheesegrater'. Historians genuinely argue back and forth about exactly what this involved. Do you think jack has the answer after all this time?
Perfect for a failed food writer. Literally an analogy for her entire career. Roaring away into the abysss.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I don't think she wanted a baby with LJC. She'd write about her groaning ovaries, but in relation to some disgusting anchovy slop, not babies. For whatever reason, the baby talk ramped up the second she was getting the 🍆

I'm pretty sure my sister met her partner online (she would never tell anyone, but my brother strongly hinted she was using dating sites) Seems to have worked out alright for them because they now have two smol boys.
She posted some tweets long before the most recent OH but (I think) after SHE LEFT about wanting to know "for a friend " what it's like having two children with a large age gap in between.

It is just absolutely bizarre to me to be focused on having a baby/getting hitched so soon after getting a brand new puppy. I've never had one but aren't they ridiculously time consuming for at least a few weeks? Like they don't sleep well and they're also mobile without any training?!

Wrt whether she's over Louisa, I think in some ways she's not over Allegra - that was a taste of the high life, a huge house in west London, access to the best food/restaurants and pissing about with celebs all day - don't get me wrong, A worked for that but Jack had a chance to hitch a ride and she's bitter now she can't ever get back to that lifestyle (Louisa is I assume well off but not a multi millionaire)

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I wonder what today has in store. A date that involves the nearest coffee shop to Harold's workplace? Sexting the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker? Landmarking a Tory? It's all too exciting.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Allegra is an abusive, aggressive bully. The two of them together were a recipe for disaster; the kids would have been affected quite badly. She's not a nice person at all.

• Wow
Reactions: 66
If she is neglecting that puppy, or even just not giving it all her love and care, it’s despicable. Laurie could have been adopted by a household that would love and shower her with affection, and who would give her a good life without wanting anything in return. Jack having her prevents good things for Laurie and something lovely for someone else.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Ancient Greeks had cheese graters?????

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
She posted some tweets long before the most recent OH but (I think) after SHE LEFT about wanting to know "for a friend " what it's like having two children with a large age gap in between.

It is just absolutely bizarre to me to be focused on having a baby/getting hitched so soon after getting a brand new puppy. I've never had one but aren't they ridiculously time consuming for at least a few weeks? Like they don't sleep well and they're also mobile without any training?!

Wrt whether she's over Louisa, I think in some ways she's not over Allegra - that was a taste of the high life, a huge house in west London, access to the best food/restaurants and pissing about with celebs all day - don't get me wrong, A worked for that but Jack had a chance to hitch a ride and she's bitter now she can't ever get back to that lifestyle (Louisa is I assume well off but not a multi millionaire)
It's also notable to me that she doesn't show much interest in the child she's already got unless she's using him for content...yet she wants a baby?

Just sayin' that narc parents often prefer babies / young kids for the attention they bring and ignore / turn on their kids when they become old enough to question / resist the narc parent.

My abuse began in earnest when I got to the age where I started to question or push back on some of my narc's more bullsh*t behaviour, when I was too old to be a cute obedient extension of my narc's own personality

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

This is classic Jack thou eh?
She uses ppl until they get wind of what she’s up to, they then fu£k off and leave her.
Linda Diva - introduction to LGBTQ elite until she didn’t want a relationship
Allegra was about status and introduction to a high society- oh and moving her SB on a w
Louisa was about media connections & some sort of ‘normality’
OH was about a baby and sobriety crutch

Our Jackie is a user of the highest order

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Ancient Greeks had cheese graters?????

of course they did! They had a pretty sophisticated cuisine actually. The honey and walnut cakes they used to make are still made in Greece today. They had things like bird within a bird within a bird stuffed feasts, herb and nut stuffed trout, ceviche etc.

However I believe their cheesegraters were a different shape to ours, which is where a lot of the academic argument about the 'lion on a cheesegrater' comes in. personally I think it was a cowgirl type deal. But I am not an expert.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Out of everything that's happened on the JM threads in the last 24 hours, this has puzzled and mystified the most.
If you want to learn more about ancient greeks and their attitudes to food and sex (they were obsessed with both), read Courtesans & Fishcakes by James Davidson. It's an accessible, fun and funny read intended for a general audience not an academic one. It's a good laugh and a bit of escapism into a totally different world that was also weirdly like ours.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
I wonder what today has in store. A date that involves the nearest coffee shop to Harold's workplace? Sexting the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker? Landmarking a Tory? It's all too exciting.
New column for the Guardian:
Sex and the Pity. Dating as a single, celebrity (but down on her luck) mum
‘They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go, but my grifting will never stop.’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Morning Frauen.
Finally in real time. This malarkey is so juvenile. I sincerely hope no younger/more vulnerable lesbians have her as a role model.
As a late teens Frau in a boring town it was Radcliffe Hall or nothing...

• Heart
Reactions: 37
We know she reads here, we remind her of things and then she basically replies straight to us, so I predict she’ll be back on twitter soon with a “A year sober today 🙏” and photos of the poor puppy.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.