Jack Monroe #330 Boo, I guess?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a TikTok at the moment that's come up on my feed (won't link it as not a massive account) of a young girl making signs to protest Boris and the cost of living with a price comparison claiming a massive rise... only the before is the frozen, value ready meal version and then the after is the chilled, not basics version of the meal.. My only thought was that Jack has a younger minion in the making.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
I don’t think Jack apologises or offers explanations because she doesn’t see a need to. She doesn’t have any respect for anyone.

Reactions: 51
I'm hoping this is to the tune of Airport? Which, coincidentally, was just this minute playing on my drive home. (Not from picking up a content puppy or indeed Glasto, unfortunately.)
Haha Airport also works very well! It’s from Always Sunny In Philadelphia

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
No you see Jack would be live linked to all the tills in the country deciding who was allowed the stuff for the poors and who wasn't, like a demented povvo sorting hat.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
So Jackanory didn't make it to Glasto? She's such a pro.

I see she's back with the flags as the gayest gay ever to have gayed since she's lost her potential meal ticket. Lock up Sue Perkins.

• Haha
Reactions: 81
Jack is like my late father, who was an alcoholic narc, never took the blame for anything, always blamed others for anything that went wrong in his life; you couldn't have a rational conversation with him, he would never see anyone else's point of view. And a massive bully.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I don’t think Jack apologises or offers explanations because she doesn’t see a need to. She doesn’t have any respect for anyone.
The fact that she thinks the phrase “never complain, never explain“ is “never apologise, never explain” says a lot.

• Haha
Reactions: 64
“the gang solves the cost of living crisis”
The gang are such narcissistic horrors I don’t suppose their ideas for solving the cost of living crisis would be much different to our Jack’s. Dee performative tweeting her $20 shops, Frank pushing Dennis to become the face of a massive corporation pov-washing their credentials whilst paying minimum wage, Mac and Charlie creating the Visceral Bananas Insult from hoarded receipts/making a thrifty version of Fight Milk to sell to the poors… RCG can have that one for free, though Jack’d probably try to sue them for defamation.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I think she knows when she’s done something objectionable because if she didn’t she wouldn’t delete stuff like she does. But then I look at stuff she’s said about her horrible comment about Ivan Cameron after she was sacked from sainsburys and I get the sense that she really doesn’t understand why people found it so upsetting and offensive. She seems to think the problem is that the rightwing media are too judgemental of her, not that the comment itself was cruel and crude.

One of my narcs was like that. I could try to explain til I was blue in the face why I’d found a comment or an action of theirs deeply hurtful and out of order, and they’d apologise but you could tell they didn’t really feel sorry or understand why I was upset. It was more a sense of “ok, I’ll apologise to this mardy cow if it’ll stop her going on and on about it.”

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Nightmeat! AAAHH AHHH
Cheaper than the day meat! AAAHH AHHH
Champion of the slop! AAAHH AHHH
Defender of the SmartPrice and Pumble for everyone!

*whispers* Nightmeat...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Having worked in a Morrisons years ago where we had a few famous faces come in, literally no one gives less of a duck who you are than a checkout worker.
After many a year working for a well known FANCY supermarket brand on a service station (🔺lawds!) can absolutely confirm. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I am truly on a forever Grunk and hope this is not in the middle of a cross-thread chaos but I am watching one of my new fave bands on the telly and think the lead fella from Turnstile might be a secret Frau with a message for Jack
He could be my tree surgeon anytime 😈

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.