Jack Monroe #330 Boo, I guess?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks @Jelly Bean for the thread title, words from Jack herself. Your prize is avocadoes, yellow sticker nightmeat and tea boiled egg paste.

In the last thread:

Jack told a DHOTYA anecdote about going to Asda to buy a £3 vest. The cashier asked for her name to send her an email receipt and realised she was standing in front of Jack Monroe, the famous writer. Jack said (allegedly) 'boo, I guess'. We are pursuing a class action suit for cringe-induced injuries.

She is wallowing in break-up songs, including a Taylor Swift song with its perpetual catatonic reprise. Wut.

She didn't go to Glasto. Quelle surprise.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 125
Jack also revealed that whilst by day she's just a simple, pumble humble, incredibly important ex-fire service poverty & political activist; at night she has a secret identity. She dons her best pig skin cap, covers over her incredibly recognisable tattoos, and in just a moment becomes NIGHTMEAT.

A super hero of indescribable importance, who ventures to Tesco Express, Thorpe Bay, to rescue all the yellow label meat before it is callously handed over to the local food bank or community pantry. Not all heroes wear capes, but she does.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 101
Having worked in a Morrisons years ago where we had a few famous faces come in, literally no one gives less of a duck who you are than a checkout worker.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95
Following on from the last thread I think this article explains narcissism and the victim mentality quite well and sounds very familiar 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 30
All this virtue signalling over value products 🙄, that the squiggles probably never buy but like that they exist for the poors.

The nectar card isn't some philanthropic endeavour. The reason value items never go on promotions is because they're often already loss leaders or with tiny profit margins. It's not some conspiracy to kill the poors. There are some unrealistic expectations of what supermarkets should provide for society.

if only the vimes boots index (using the real name for Google) existed; then we could see that value spaghetti was 19p in 2015, 20016, 20017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and increased to 23p in 2022 when the wheat price jumped 30%.

Screenshot_20220626-174211_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Sorry this might have been covered, eternally grunking these days.
Harold gone= flags are back in bio
😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 97
I bet Jack is seething/clawing at the floor that no fucker has noticed she wasn’t at Glastonbury apart from the mithering ninnies of the canal. The eyeshadow pallet will be coming out fo sho.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
I was too late to comment on last thread, but I agree that originally her plan was OH was going to drive her. But when that was no longer an option, and with the strike, travelling by public transport wasn’t attractive. So she brought forward content for a ready made excuse for non attendance

Reactions: 64
I was too late to comment on last thread, but I agree that originally her plan was OH was going to drive her. But when that was no longer an option, and with the strike, travelling by public transport wasn’t attractive. So she brought forward content for a ready made excuse for non attendance
I agree.

The thing that is currently confusing me is that she had a pretty good excuse to not go with the strikes, could have said it wasn't essential/she didn't want to cross a picket of people striking for something she believes deeply in. Even the squigs who hadn't realised she was meant to be there would probably have been impressed by that. Yet instead she chooses strange silence and presumably will keep it up until she's called out and goes off on a chaos.

You don't help yourself Jack, ever. Even when there's a perfect, ready made excuse there for the taking.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
God she’s so unprofessional. Not just this, but all the radio interviews she’s missed. And she was up tweeting at 3:30 a.m. so she may well have just overslept. I wonder if she even bothered to tell them, or just didn’t turn up?
So much for getting her head down and working so she can save up for a mortgage. Just how many bookers’ blacklists has she got herself onto? That’s not exactly going to maximise her work opportunities.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Nightmeat keeps making me think of the Clive Barker story The Midnight Meat Train. In the story the central character thinks he’s uncovered a serial killer operating on the London Underground but the killer is actually killing to placate ancient gods who live beneath the city. a. I feel the nightmeat must be fed nightly to the Pumble to keep it from going on the rampage in Thorpe Bay.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
i genuinely find her implication that she destroyed KH as a person to be quite chilling
It does highlight quite well her delusion and the jack-o-lites lack of critical thinking over stuff that doesn't add up and a quick Google debunks.

As if a career would end over a case of mistaken identity. It was when she really overstepped the mark and became too unpalatable for global media and news international that her mainstream career ended. Jack knows a thing or two about overstepping, but still manages to do pretty well as she's deemed a goodie.

Reactions: 55
All this virtue signalling over value products 🙄, that the squiggles probably never buy but like that they exist for the poors.

The nectar card isn't some philanthropic endeavour. The reason value items never go on promotions is because they're often already loss leaders or with tiny profit margins. It's not some conspiracy to kill the poors. There are some unrealistic expectations of what supermarkets should provide for society.

if only the vimes boots index (using the real name for Google) existed; then we could see that value spaghetti was 19p in 2015, 20016, 20017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and increased to 23p in 2022 when the wheat price jumped 30%.

View attachment 1371564

Oh, dear.

So the comfortably off get to squirrel away more Nectar points by buying all the value products before the people who actually need them can put one packet in the trolley?

That's running Basics Salt into the wounds.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.