Jack Monroe #33 Jack’s back on twitter, what a surprise. We roll our eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have the chewing of the inside of my mouth, and picking the skin around my fingers. The skin picking has reduced because I’m furloughed, didn’t know there was a “proper” name for it!
Me picking my nails and biting them was always just a 'bad habit' that I learned from my mum. Who happens to be wonderfully dolally and unstable herself 🙃

Reactions: 8
To be fair (not that Jack ever is) how many of us are addicted to this site? I left for a bit, got some points for arguing {no one ever argues on here, ever} but really missed it. I still think that Jack is lonely and back on here under a pseudonym.
I definitely have a phone addiction. I just cycle through the same 5 websites. When I'm camping though I can leave my phone alone for days. Don't give a tit about the world in ma tent. So I get the compulsive twittering but I'm not out there self sabotaging my work. What she needs is to read a tattle thread about someone other than herself. Take her mind off her!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I totally am. I was literally cross this morning when I had to Grunka for the first time and I have done diddly squat all day because i’ve been on here/twitter. I def think she’s here, after today she won’t be able to help herself knowing she’s given us so much ammunition.
Congratulations to @GrunkaLunka for becoming a verb! I've been doing another mosaic but it's been so hot that I've had to stop but I still feel the need to continually check in, not good so I will need to take a break again, getting diddly squat done is a Jack disease. Take care x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I just want to say to all of those sharing about their own experiences with hair pulling, skin picking, etc. I'm sorry. I feel horrible just skipping the posts without reading and it's not because I don't care.. I really do. I'm just too squeamish and can't cope with it, which is entirely my problem. I know I won't be the only one feeling like this. I hope everyone is as okay as they can be.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Honestly reading these with my mouth open - I bit my nails (extreme) until I was 36, managed to stop but seem to have replaced it with hair tweezing and pulling . I had no idea other people had the same experiences, it sounds naive but it’s true. I have GAD (diagnosed!) but no- ones ever mentioned this as a symptom?
I recently completed the MHFA Mental First Aider course (3 days and emotionally rough) and our trainer said that hair pulling type habits (I now think picking might have been mentioned) is sometimes associated with a number of the anxiety disorders, both OCD and GAD being on the list.

Italicising sometimes and number because I’m not medically trained, I work in tech, and I don’t want this to be triggering for anyone.

Reactions: 12
You have all made my lockdown so much better even though I’ve only been here mere minutes. But I’ve been observing for a long time. I remember the days of BF my son in the night seeing her tweets and thinking ‘gosh, she’s a bit Walter Mitty isn’t she’ and then feeling sorry for her/glad she’d met Louisa (refuse to call her Mrs J) and turned things round. Even bought tin can cook.

There is still a part of me that hopes she gets better because I’m a mother and I’ve had a breakdown too and empathise. But I don’t duck around with my mental health and the mental health of others (by way of clearly virtue signalling, navel gazing, triggering others and being an all round shitstain to others) and deny all knowledge/plead ignorance.

It’s her little boy I feel most sorry for and hope to god his dad is stable as duck.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Not hurting enough if she can apply a tit load of lipstick, fix her tendril of hair into ringlets , pose then filter the duck out of it.
a doctor told you to put lipstick on?!? Surely this is possibly the worst thing to do? I suffer with grinding teeth and in particular bad spells can chew inside of cheeks or lips -( not down to nerve of course) When I first did I went to GP who told me To gargle salt water and To put Vaseline only as it acts as a barrier and avoid make up etc Obviously that just what my GP said before I get accused of gas lighting someone!! I also once burnt my lips being a greedy little piggy too impatient for my pasta to cook and managed to flick boiling pasta water onto my lips and it was bloody painful, the last thing I would of stuck on my lips would of been red lipstick.

Reactions: 18
I discovered these threads yesterday and I’ve been trying to get through everything but with two kids under three, it’s proving impossible 🤯
Which ones are an absolute must-read?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
a doctor told you to put lipstick on?!? Surely this is possibly the worst thing to do? I suffer with grinding teeth and in particular bad spells can chew inside of cheeks or lips -( not down to nerve of course) When I first did I went to GP who told me To gargle salt water and To put Vaseline only as it acts as a barrier and avoid make up etc Obviously that just what my GP said before I get accused of gas lighting someone!! I also once burnt my lips being a greedy little piggy too impatient for my pasta to cook and managed to flick boiling pasta water onto my lips and it was bloody painful, the last thing I would of stuck on my lips would of been red lipstick.
Didn’t tell me , obvs😁

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.