Jack Monroe #33 Jack’s back on twitter, what a surprise. We roll our eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep totally this. We have a medicine box a kitchen cupboard and I’m already thinking about wtf we do with it when the baby comes and she won’t even be able to bleeping walk much less pop pills?

I’m finding this woe is me catastrophising and feeling sorry for herself with every ailment going super draining & tbh boring. Fancy all this carry on and not actually seeking any help, call 111 they literally screen you and refer you to the most appropriate place. She clearly has money for a private remote GP appt (£90 tops, which is 10% of one sideboard) if she’s crushed with guilt for burdening the NHS. She’s likely listed on Louisa’s private healthcare policy through work? You don’t get to sit on ur arse complaining if you’re not willing to do anything sorry 🤷🏻‍♀️
I have a lockable cashbox and the strong things are up in the cupboard above the cooker hood - I don't actually need to do it now, but I started years ago and never felt the need to change where they were kept.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I just eye rolled myself into next week at her chewing it down to a nerve. Nope. Nope. Nope.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
The way she phrases her tweets is in a way that people will naturally want to help. If you're saying "help I'm in a lot of pain" then OF COURSE people will try and give you solutions. I don't know what she's trying to achieve by posting this if she doesn't want solutions? Basically lots of "Poor you! You are so clever, smart and brave. You don't deserve this. I love it when you mix beans and coconut milk. I hope you get commissioned for 991919 new shows, you're 100 times better than JO".

She reminds me of one of those sadfishers on FB who want everyone to comment saying "PM me hun" and then she replies "Dont worry hun x".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I only take waht I need when I need it cos I am scared of becoming addicted.
Same. I wouldnt say its an addictive personality, but I definitely latch on to phases of escapism and destructive behaviours. Over the years itd be SH, sex, drink, drugs, food - all to excess and careless. The times ive had those stronger meds were definitely when I felt I desperately needed help. The slipped rib caused me to pass out with the pain, id have taken anything for that 😂 Thankfully I am better at controlling those phases now, and dont seek them out.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yep totally this. We have a medicine box a kitchen cupboard and I’m already thinking about wtf we do with it when the baby comes and she won’t even be able to bleeping walk much less pop pills?
I have a lockable cabinet in a bathroom which contains normal medication, all in the original packaging and NEVER an over the top amount.
Any excess (I do have to keep a lot of pain meds in the house for various reasons I don't want to talk about so don't ask me 😉) and my controlled drugs, I keep in the safe. It is definitely a good idea to get into the habit of putting these things out of sight/reach of little ones as they can do the weirdest things out of curiosity.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I just eye rolled myself into next week at her chewing it down to a nerve. Nope. Nope. Nope.
Exactly. But it’s not infected, nope! Did she use a drill to bore a perfect hole so that she didn’t get any pesky skin or bleeping chicken porridge in it?! Such bollocks.

Reactions: 18
I have a lockable cashbox and the strong things are up in the cupboard above the cooker hood - I don't actually need to do it now, but I started years ago and never felt the need to change where they were kept.
Thank you, this is v useful! And it’s probably a good excuse to have a thorough clear out as I haven’t in years, absurdly I still have my surgical socks in my sock drawer as if one morning I’ll need or want to pop them on again 😂

edit and thank you @GrunkaLunka! I think I still have hardcore post surgery stuff I should definitely get rid of, and laxatives which were a wild enough ride for an adult body so definitely restricted access for bubbies!

Reactions: 10
This is what truly broken and agonising lips look like, This doesn't do it justice but it feels like the sides of my mouth will split into a joker like grin...
1593266271295.png

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.