Jack Monroe #33 Jack’s back on twitter, what a surprise. We roll our eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
talking of tablets and different experiences - mirtazapine is a devil drug 👿 i know people that get on well with it, but 3 months on it and I genuinely started losing sense of reality. It was insane!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Do they think theyre talking to a role model? (Who they have to emotionally support), or a celebrity? Why on earth do they fawn all over her?

Reactions: 14
I tore my calf at a bootcamp a couple of years ago. Basically just popped. I was on crutches. I’ve never known agony like it. A five minute walk to the local shop took half an hour. My leg swelled up to twice it’s size and I was bruised from my knee to my ankle.

I got paracetamol and ibuprofen, physio and I basically had to get on with it. It took 3 months to heal.

I also broke my arm in a freak accident like many people do and I also bruised my tailbone (fall on black ice). Physio for that as well. I had to live with my mum after the arm break as I broke my dominant arm.

This is stuff people go through in life and they often need to suck it up and get on with it (on their own if they live alone).

Seriously. Someone who cares about her tell her to get off twitter.

If she’s chewed her lip down to a nerve as she claims get to A and E.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Good grief. I have angular chelitis at the moment and my mouth is swollen, frayed at the edges and hurts like hell. I know its either oral thrush cos I am run down or my B12 levels playing up so I will call the GP on monday. That /\ pout is nothing. it looks photoshopped for one thing, but there's no bruising or anything. When i have this issue I drink through a straw including cooled coffee and eat what fits through the little gap where I open my mouth to its current max. Chips work - vinegar not a good idea, strawberry laces can be posted in there. To be honest I could live on my reserves for some time with only taking fluids but no. Where there's a will there's a way and food will be cut to size.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
She could use some of the free money she gets from Patreon to pay for the Smeg sideboard statement wardrobe piece mouth shield.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Um, no, not expensive. I got mine from dentist, think was 50 quid.
Unless she's trying to crowdfund?!!!!
It’s all a ruse for some Invisalign 👀 she wants to get back in the influencer section.

I thought dentists were only doing emergency stuff atm? Can’t get anything done near me.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Lots of requests for gluten free (as they are always overlooked). My husband is coeliac. Catered for everywhere now.
Some requests for vegan, but she's done millions of those already. Just this morning she cooked chicken porridge with egg for example.
If they want actual vegan food, someone should direct them to Bettina’s Kitchen or Plantcrazii over on Insta. They both do amazing looking vegan food.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Am woefully behind, but just want to pop in to say that I was on tramadol for a week after a minor surgery went badly wrong. Before being put on it I was in indescribable pain. Much, much worse than giving birth. I was unable to sleep, speak, eat or drink. I was just rocking back and forth crying. My partner at the time rushed me to a&e when he got home. I was put on tramadol and the pain was gone! It was incredible. I was happily spaced out for a week, until the antibiotics had done their job. I cannot imagine that you are in huge pain that a) isn't eased by a strong opiod and b) you have the energy to duck around on twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I've got a super sexy mouth guard because of grinding my teeth. It wasn't expensive. You can buy them in sports shops too, usually you boil and fit them, which you could use if you can't get to a dentist.

Reactions: 20
Tramadol is THE WORST thing to take if you have bipolar. It has a norepinephrine and serotonin reuptake inhibitor action as well as the opioid effects - so it's highly likely especially if somebody increases their dose perhaps by keeping a tub of them to dip into like sweeties to tip them over into a manic phase, if not outright psychosis. The symptoms of this can vary, but insomnia/sleep disorders, appetite change, psychiatric disturbances such as paranoia, irritability, emotional numbness, mood swings, etc. And, like all opioids, itching, bloating/gastric disturbances and nausea. Oh, and like most things prescribed on a long term basis for chronic pain, it's useless on acute stuff like mouth ulcers or a bitten lip.

A planned reduction/withdrawal, a switch to a codeine based painkiller (still addictive, but not going to make you trip your tits off with anything up to Serotonin Syndrome) and then proper treatment for autoimmune arthritis would be better than relying upon that tit long term.

Effectively, what she's doing at the moment is drug seeking behaviour. It sounds as though she expects the Tramadol to take ALL the pain away and it can't do that - and when it's being taken partly to change your feelings, rather than just deal with pain, it's not going to be able to do that, either.

Being in the house/bungalow alone with no way of going to family (ie, her mother's shielding/isolation/distancing) means she's stuck indoors with just herself, her medication (possibly inappropriately prescribed medication at that) and nothing else to do but feel everything's too bright and too loud and too strong and she's lonely.

A crap place to be. But it won't be solved by kittens and dentists and knickers and inviting criticism whilst loudly rejecting it. It'll be solved by getting help with the arthritis, with the pain, with the emotional stuff.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
bleeping hell, playing catch up as always and have only just finished the Shan't thread and I just had to get this off my chest so I will apologise in advance if this upsets anyone and is probably totally way off what you are all talking about by now...

I am beyond raging with her comments regarding the cancer cookbooks, no idea what she was trying to achieve with mentioning those, well I do, attention obviously.. my grandfather died a few years ago of throat cancer, he had radiation tharapy and what it did to his mouth and throat was horrific, the burns it left, he lost part of his tongue, the pain he was in, and he eventually died from it but watching him suffer, not able to eat proper food, no longer able to have the foods or drinks he enjoyed and you are moaning about a few ulcers and tit you have done to yourself supposedly, because let's face it you lie so much who knows if it's true and if it is, it cannot even begin to compare to those who have had and are suffering cancer to so even mention cancer cookbooks is disgusting, you are a despicable bleeping cunting cretin and you can burn in bleeping hell for those comments

I'm sorry folks but this has really tipped me over the edge of all the crappy stuff she has said and done, this has rubbed me up a different way, 🤬🤬

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.