Jack Monroe #33 Jack’s back on twitter, what a surprise. We roll our eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is what I'm wondering about too. When I've been in the pain she describes I could barely function. I certainly wasn't scampering out to Tesco or taking photos of my thighs. (Should clarify, that pain was def not from lip biting.)

Each to their own, I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27

More wonderful examples of how not to do PR, by Dr Jack Monroe. Also, this -

Such blind devotion! i don’t get it.

Reactions: 32
Me three. I rarely talk about it. It’s been terrible during lockdown. Dreading going to the hairdresser. I’ve never met anyone who has said they’ve got it, but I do know someone with the skin picking version.

My toddler just ran off as I’m on my phone, bad parent, dreading grunkalunking later!!!!

Reactions: 17
I wasn’t sure about posting this as I really don’t want to come across as insensitive to anyone who deals with similar things, and I fully admit I don’t know enough about the topic.

But she says she’s been to the doctor about this as she’s been living with it for 20 years, and their advice is always to simply stop biting her lip. I know when things are habit and compulsive it’s never as easy as simply stopping, but if it’s been going on this long surely it would have made sense to look into some sort of alternative coping strategies or therapies? Doctors aren’t miracle workers, they can’t just magically fix you. But there are generally routes available to help people deal with damaging behaviours, especially when you’re as well connected as Jack is. I just think that might be a more helpful path to go down than asking Twitter for ideas (but also not wanting to take any advice on board) and posting frankly bizarre tweets about wanting pain relief injections.

I know it’s easy to get desperate with pain, but as an adult you have to try and think things through, especially if it’s a recurring issue.

Reactions: 33
I agree with your points. My concerns are about the psychological problems she can/is visiting on her son. There is a big difference between providing physical care, but children need emotional stability.
All the “manic/hyper” phases she goes through must have a knock on effect, plus the down periods.

Or going out shopping in a carefully chosen outfit!

Reactions: 19
She's on tramadol on top of everything else?! My Mum's had to take it for pain in the past and that stuff is strong. Jesus. I'm so angry at her attention seeking and behaviour but she really needs to be looked after at this point. The stuff she has come out with in the last 24 hours is ridiculous. Jack those friends you said you have - contact them and get them to look after you.

Reactions: 15
Someone has suggested she goes to A&E. This is her response:

Erm, well they probably should tell you that, to be honest. If you’re well enough to scamper off to Tesco, you really aren’t in need of A&E!

Reactions: 48
I always wonder if I’ll ever see her while I’m out and about, I really hope this is what she’s like if I do spot her!

https://giphy.com/l4EoPVpwvZ4QAGCLm

Reactions: 19
Seriously like. She may not have real friends but she has enough people around her to tell her to give her head a wobble and cop the fuck on.

She should be ashamed of herself (for many things), referencing cancer in that way is crossing the line. The trauma of feeling hungry reminds her of her 2months/2years of living in poverty? Despite lots of family support. She has to be careful not to kick start an apparent eating disorder?

SHES A FUCKING IDIOT.

Reactions: 39
Delurking to say: savoury warm porridge is the worst for mouth sores and: do not write recipes for sicknesses you do not know nothing about, especially cancer.

Reactions: 43
Just updating the jobs and ailments lists here but my spidey senses are tingling

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.