Jack Monroe #329 Pooroboros

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A543A02C-71E5-4FF1-B56F-BA338186205E.jpeg

I‘n on a huge grunk and may be late with this…

But can’t stop laughing about burgundy squig’s earnest reply to confused blue squig.

Whom is she helping? Whom are these people??

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 97
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
View attachment 1369220

But can’t stop laughing about burgundy squig’s earnest reply to confused blue squig.

Yes fantastically helpful. A receipt, like most receipts, just itemising 'cheese' is so useful. How big is this cheese? What sort of cheese? It might be one of those tiny dogend remnants you get sometimes. Or those plastic cheese slices (which I love tbh but aren't very versatile).
She might as well have just got a receipt saying 'food' for all the use it is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
View attachment 1369220

Doesn’t the reply also sound like one of those ALT text descriptions of an image?

“This image shows Jack ministering to the poor and hungry, proffering an inexplicable receipt with a beatific smile.”

• Haha
Reactions: 46
View attachment 1369220

Nobody.
People who are on a limited budget already do this automatically, though it only takes normal people a few minutes.
But if anyone does need help with how to stocktake and meal plan there are quite a few people on youtube who do it much better than Jack.

Reactions: 34
I absolutely hate that word and, for reasons I'm unsure of, most food-related adjectives. Makes me genuinely on edge. Brains are weird!
Flashback! I can only assume it was this thread we were talking about the word “nosh” - the other day I had my local radio station on and the presenter said they were “giving away free nosh later in the day”

I was HOOTING dear hearts, hooting.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I can't stop chuckling over the squig who asked about yellow sticker food ' 'An important arrow in the quiver of the smart shopper' 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Don't worry, I added perpetual and catatonic to the Jacktionary. And naga. And twang. And politicians lining their own troughs which she has inexplicably confused with lining their own pockets, unless politicians do eat money. Anyone here who can confirm or deny this?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
You have to ask for subtotal checks at Asda, the checkout person hasn't done it off their own back/for fun.

• Wow
Reactions: 47
Which people??? Are there people waiting for Hack to post her shopping lists and receipts to find deals???

She only posts sporadically, are there legions if squigs starving at home waiting for Jack to stop mothering about Harold and eucalyptus trees, then they spring into action “come on tiny Tim let’s get down to Asda we are going to get some Smash and fennel” Yay! Best foodies ever!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Don't worry, I added perpetual and catatonic to the Jacktionary. And naga. And twang. And politicians lining their own troughs which she has inexplicably confused with lining their own pockets, unless politicians do eat money. Anyone here who can confirm or deny this?
She's got it mixed up with snouts in the trough, hasn't she, which was often levelled at MEPs.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Jack will somehow claim her phrasing regarding the trough is correct because she can never be wrong even though she is always wrong. Ironically the cleverer she tries to be with her takes the thicker she appears.

Reactions: 34
Reading now. Christ on a cracker that's some bonkers stuff.
For God's sake...I ventured into Thread 31 and now my arse is numb!!!! And I've wasted a whole afternoon, bollocks!o_O
That was indeed some bonkers stuff, but very entertaining, too!😁 Although I did find myself repeating, repeatedly, "she's just not getting it!" when she replied in that passive-aggressive, sarky way most of the time. JHC, talk about someone being hard work!

But I'm glad you all enjoyed your ice creams😁 even if it was 2 whole years ago!😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I’m so here for Jacks reverse ferret regarding the landlord. Realising she’ll struggle to get another place her sucking up is so fake and obvious!

I really feel for the landlord, Jack must be a bleeping nightmare tennant. Part of me hope she gives her the boot come renewal but if that happens squigs will def try to buy her a house 🤬

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.