Jack Monroe #329 Pooroboros

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if someone grabbed this already, but I think we missed it:

View attachment 1368279View attachment 1368278

Given that her most notable foray into kids' cooking so far involved carefully balancing a very hot vessel on upturned teaspoons, steaming a pudding full of allergens for hours, and ending up with something named for its resemblance to a turd, I SHAN'T be holding my breath.

(Not even touching the autism bit, that's for more knowledgeable Frauen!)
There is nothing about any of her cooking that would be helpful to autistic/ADHD kids. This makes me so cross she’d pretend to have any clue about this I can’t even.

Was doing my morning scroll of Twitter and it’s full of outrage about the Roe decision in America and about what next for the Tories after their massive by election losses and then a tweet by Jack appears about someone recognising her name in a shop…… total hot take from a so called political writer!!!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Never a tampon, mouthwash, loo roll, kitchen paper or glass cleaner on her list. Also never treats for the cat, or cat litter or a wee treat for SB either.

she said before it’s impossible to eat healthily on such a minuscule budget, then she said her meals are nutritionally balanced and she’s met nutritionists and dieticians who have told her so.

she’s also had a pop at Waitrose for adding avocados to their essential range and now shes buying avocados.

and now we have the curious incident of the unwanted meat in the night time.

none of it makes sense.
The kid doesn't get decent food, so there's no way in hell she's buying him treats, unless she takes a bite first:cry:
FFS I feed my friends kids better than she appears to feed her son. (I say appears because I'm now firmly in the he doesn't live there camp).

Reactions: 36
I know it’s a bit of a stuck record thing now but but honest to god, the picture of poor puppy in hharness is not setting me up for a good day. I seem to be more and more angry/sad about it - even though I know she isn’t an abused animal in the classic caged/locked/chained up/starved/puppy farm type of way.

Our family chat (and all our phones memory) is about 80% of our pooch exploring and running around and being excited about getting pats, treats, kongs, off walk exploring, and hundreds of relaxing/stretching/snoozing pictures and videos. I don’t have a single one of him shying away, scrunching himself into himself, nervous or scared because at the slightest hint of that kind of behaviour we defuse it and remove him from the stressor- we certainly do not take a snap of it and boast about it to half a million.

Oh - and I should add, we are not the perfect bloody dog owners either. He definitely gets too many kong fillups, to the point he brings it to us and drops it at our feet at least 3-6 times a day and we have had to cut back now!

But his health and well-being is literally the only focus of our lives, be it the working from home/walking schedule, to the dog calander with his medication/vet visit/weight records all jotted down.

So utterly heartbreaking that she can’t see what is as plain as day to anyone even without dog whisperer type know how.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Jack - Here is a very basic guide seeing as you won't listen to what people are telling you. Bellend.

1. dog-body-language-graphic-scaled.jpeg

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
I woke up feeling bored and a bit crap. Thought I'd spend some time in the procrastination station and do something productive like 🔺 jack's house. ...
Don't think I found it... but boy, if I have the general area right, she literally lives on millionaire row.
I am shooketh that a) she is resentful about paying rent to live there
and b) she really believes she should completely own a property of this calibre and that she clearly also doesn't think she has to pay for it.

Her landlord should duck her off and see how she fares looking for equivalent on the open rental market right now

Caveat: I am not a fan of landlords, second home ownership, Buy to let nor of private rental pricing people out of the property market.

I know how much damage private renting can do to families, but on this occasion I am going against all my principles to say that the house should go to someone more deserving and appreciative.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
My Autistic kid would never eat her slop. I can picture the WTF stare I’d get if I presented her with that. She has zero issues surrounding food, she eats better than I do. But I’d wager Jacks slop would be the first food she’s ever refused to try, let alone eat.

As for the dog body language… I’m genuinely afraid the dog and cat are going to end up attacking each other. Because they’re both terrified and uncomfortable.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Jack: 'Hmmm how can I word this tweet about Taylor Swift to sound deep and intelligent? Ah! Ah! Perpetually.....catatonic.....reprise. Those are three big words that sound good together. Excellent. Aaaaannnnd....post!'

Also Jack: 'Better make sure I get these AVaCaDoEs on my pointless shopping list'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Her landlord should duck her off and see how she fares looking for equivalent on the open rental market right now
She'd never be able to access a home like that now as a single self-employed person with a crap credit record and owing three years of taxes. She was only able to at the time because of L's job and income.

Reactions: 35
Jack calls Content, Laurie.
Grunkmode so may have already been said, Laurie is an odd name for a dog, Wondering what prompted it...
Any chance her and lozza fox could have reached some sort of out of court agreement and Laurie/Content is one of the proceeds, thus named in the manner of 'my sofa paid for by Katie Hopkins?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Grunkmode so may have already been said, Laurie is an odd name for a dog, Wondering what prompted it...
Any chance her and lozza fox could have reached some sort of out of court agreement and Laurie/Content is one of the proceeds, thus named in the manner of 'my sofa paid for by Katie Hopkins?
More likely that she used the PayPal donations she got from pretending she was going to sue him…

• Wow
Reactions: 51
Honestly UHT is foul. I mean you put up with it when you are camping etc.
Child’s dietician always tells me she needs to have as much milk/dairy as possible calcium levels in your bones peak at 19. She has at least a pint a day because of this. Can you imagine drinking UHT.

Of course it’s fine as his dad will buy normal milk.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
It's the *long pause* that makes it great.

🔺️ My mother once stood at a train station next to Heston Blumenthal. She looked at him. He gave her a smug look like, yes, that's right, it's really me, are you impressed? So she asked if he was Harry Hill.

Same energy here.

We spent a week in Philadelphia a few years ago stayed in a trendy area Airbnb, walking to breakfast in the morning I locked eyes with this guy who said arsely and said "yessss it's me" in a leave me alone kinda Vibe, and still to this day I haven't a clue who he was. Bet Jackie does this alot

• Haha
Reactions: 78
A lot of autistic kids don’t like different foods touching, let alone jumbled together in inexplicable ways (with a slimy egg on top). They don’t like unexpected textures which is why they often get bothered by soft fruits which are sometimes over-soft and sometimes underripe - even different grapes from the same bunch can have different firmness which can cause them to reject the lot. Simple, predictable, separate is the mantra when serving autistic kids food.

Tattoos I remember Jack has - a pocket watch, a compass, “do no harm”.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
She'd never be able to access a home like that now as a single self-employed person with a crap credit record and owing three years of taxes. She was only able to at the time because of L's job and income.
Agreed. I feel bad for what I said about bleeping her off because obviously there's a child involved in this ( ignoring the pet zoo)
I don't want to wish the trauma of perpetually moving into any child but also aware that his home is predominantly elsewhere

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.