Jack Monroe #329 Pooroboros

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Famous writer lol. Yeah, she's up there with J K Rowling. Potatoes is second only to The Great Gatsby in terms of the greatest things ever written in the English language as perceived by the general public.
"In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me a piece of advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since:
Buy tins because they're cheaper"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I’m 4 pages behind but just seeing the shopping list and I have only one thought.:

Save me Lee Anderson, you’re my only hope!

How she can post a full cupboard full of food and do a performance £20 shop and they all bow down is just horrific!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Sorry but I’m being slow tonight - why ‘Boo, I guess?’???
''Boo'' translation = ''YES! IT'S ME, FAMOUS WRITER JACK! I AM HERE RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. I KNOW IT MUST SEEM LIKE A DREAM, BUT YOU REALLY ARE STANDING NEXT TO THE FAMOUS WRITER THAT IS JACK MONROE. YOU CAN SWOON NOW.''

Edit: Fraus, a chaos has happened. I seem to have implied that Famous Writer Jack was both 'in front of' the cashier and 'standing next to' them. Is this an example of Schrodinger's Jack or is she just very fast-moving today?

• Haha
Reactions: 68
Sorry but I’m being slow tonight - why ‘Boo, I guess?’???
Nice nails hun, did you get them done in Southend?

She invented that story as a humble-brag, that the till operator said “Monroe? Like the famous slopgibbon of Sarfend, the rufty tufts tattoooed lesser lefty liberal, activist, poet, angry, all the A’s disabled savior of poors writer, Jack Monroe? And Jack goes “well, this is narcissistic supply, not really coz it didn’t happen awks, it’s a me! Everyone clapped etc etc

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Imagine you had the choice (allegedly) of being at Glastonbury in the VIP area, enjoying Billie Eilish with Billy Bragg - and instead you spend the evening lying on Twitter for attention! What a life!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
It's the *long pause* that makes it great.

🔺️ My mother once stood at a train station next to Heston Blumenthal. She looked at him. He gave her a smug look like, yes, that's right, it's really me, are you impressed? So she asked if he was Harry Hill.

Same energy here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 193
Oh Jack you're ever so 'umble.

OT ... I have twice been accosted on the mean streets of Celeryville by tourists asking if I'm J K Rowling...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.