Jack Monroe #329 Pooroboros

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does she not get that by insisting that her food shop still costs £20 she is disproving the VBI bollocks she’s been waffling on about?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Jack Monroe “A powerful ball of sunshine against the darkness of capital greed”

Well if that ain’t the next thread title. Bloody brilliant that!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
Indeed.
I was thinking about the squid who asked her yesterday how much her shop would be if she didn’t have the stocked store cupboard and she replied with “still £20”.
She's talking shite (as usual).
Obviously some people really have to live off £20/week (or less), I've had to do it myself, and it's really tough. Of course you do your best but inevitably you end up eating mostly basic stuff like beans on toast and jacket potatoes. I lost weight as well, because it's really difficult to reach the required calories, assuming you want to eat proper reasonably nutritious food and not overprocessed beige food.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Jack manages to keep her shop at £20 a week because she sustains herself on the smell of her farts, as evidenced on twitter.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
View attachment 1370707Are you aware of Jack’s body of work, Silly Squig? Samsung, Superdrug, Sainsburys, Asda, Del Monte, Helman’s, Twitter. Just a few of the names Jack has been paid to represent
Anyone of a less sunny disposition is hard to imagine. She's so snarky, so angry, so grifty, so grubby (nails) and so lights on lights off. Her food is unappetising, get shopping lists pointlessly performative. Happily takes money from corporate clients for services that fail to be rendered. Thinks she has political clout but has the communication skills of a scared dog (a bit like little Content). Yes, JM is bleeping ray of sunshine in a bleak world.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Jack manages to keep her shop at £20 a week because she sustains herself on the smell of her farts, as evidenced on twitter.
When will I learn to not read this thread whilst I'm eating? I nearly died just now and my cats lack the thumbs to do the Heimlich manoeuvre.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
These squigs are unhinged 😂
She's talking shite (as usual).
Obviously some people really have to live off £20/week (or less), I've had to do it myself, and it's really tough. Of course you do your best but inevitably you end up eating mostly basic stuff like beans on toast and jacket potatoes. I lost weight as well, because it's really difficult to reach the required calories, assuming you want to eat proper reasonably nutritious food and not overprocessed beige food.
I had to do it too, albeit a long time ago. Shopping on a fixed budget its tough.

But what makes it tougher is when someone who has £2000 coming in a month from Patreon subscribers goes and buys up all the decent yellow sticker food to add to their burgeoning freezer. Leave the yellow stickers for others who need them.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 74
I had to do it too, albeit a long time ago. Shopping on a fixed budget its tough.

But what makes it tougher is when someone who has £2000 coming in a month from Patreon subscribers goes and buys up all the decent yellow sticker food to add to their burgeoning freezer. Leave the yellow stickers for others who need them.
I agree. I'm a bit better off now, but I still rely on yellow sticker food for my treats and things like salad and fruit etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Ultimate Jack move here is to roll up late, with just enough time for her to walk on stage and say 'duck the Tories' in her most nasal voice and then the set ends.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Mine too - I have to list every band I’ve ever liked for her to put into Spotify.
im so jealous, neither of mine are into music at all. It was my whole life at that age and Im still always listening to something now. I was so looking forward to them discovering all the greats but they just have zero interest 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Glasto left field has twitter and has been tweeting photos of the action, so I'm assuming they'll do the same today with jack (or not)
I found the hashtag but only one thing from yesterday. The rest from 2019. I was using nitter though so maybe it was having a chaos.

Is there an @?

Reactions: 15
A squig pointed out on Twitter that too many people are doing poverty shops for £20-30 and not being honest about the cost of food. I can only agree.

Jack needs to be honest about what it costs to feed herself and her pets on a budget plus have spare stuff for SB when he visits. I doubt she’d get much change from £50 if not more.

my cats get through £15-20 of food a week. I don’t buy the basics as it doesn’t get eaten but it’s still only Felix “as it looks”.

She only has one cat but she’s added a puppy which will have high energy needs. She’s not spending just £20 a week.
Yep our dogs are around 15kg and cost £50+ month in food. Our cat who is tiny at 2kg costs over £40 a month on his own as he needs a special diet which isn't covered by insurance even at the comprehensive top spec level, as well as needing additional care due to behavioural issues- this is a MAJOR consideration that people who want to look after animals need to realise that there will ALWAYS be sudden expenses and additional needs- health, behavioral issues, etc and if you cannot deal with those don't get an animal- simple.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I found the hashtag but only one thing from yesterday. The rest from 2019. I was using nitter though so maybe it was having a chaos.

Is there an @?
I don't really understand twitter 😜. But they have been tweeting about the various events and artists at Leftfield. Nothing about Jack yet.

Also, I saw 'He's 80' was trending and for a moment I thought Dear Harold had been tracked down.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.